New Norwegian’s Priority Access Offering-Anyone Else??

danak13

3 hours ago, shotgunmag said:

@Nick6318. You make reference to "This is a product distinct from the perks in that that people have to pay for it". While your premise is conveyed you're missing the bigger picture in why NCL is missing the boat on this one (no pun intended.). Loyalty is WAY MORE important to a bottom line than short term gains at the expense of alienating your best guests who stuck by you. Why should a person on their first cruise be afforded the same perks for $100 per "cabin" that it may have taken a loyal latitudes member tens of thousands of dollars invested to achieve. So to your premise latitudes members also have "paid" for these perks but at a much higher investment point. Really crumby business practice which has us reviewing our future usage. If we're going to be subjected to poor guest service such as this and everyone else is doing it as others mentioned we may as well jump to another line and get priority access with them without the high cost of achieving it. Loyalty has seemed to become lost by ALL corporations lately which will eventually become their demise IMHO.

Hi

As I said previously, this sort of discussion has already taken place.

First of all, you are confusing the amounts you paid for your cruises as your cost of the "perks". Well, it isn't. You paid those tens of thousands for your cruises. Of course the cost of the perks you do attain are built into the price of a cabin but I certainly hope you didn't choose your cruises on the basis of what perks you might attain.

That being said, the product that is being offered here (for a specified price) is not the same as the "perks" that you receive as a platinum, plat +, or ambassador latitudes member. They will only get some benefits for the price, it is not the same.

If you are indeed reviewing you cruise line choice because of this, then I think you are only hurting yourself. You gain nothing and you lose what you have "earned" through the tens of thousands you say you "invested". You got to admit, if that's all you got for your investment, you did pretty poorly. Of course if you are looking to find different cruise line, this is as good an excuse as any to switch. 

• Like 2

I read this promo as being able to get in line behind Haven and PP folks for boarding.  Priority does not mean first.  On airlines, those of us rubes who pay for "priority seating" but aren't in First board after People who need assistance, First Class, Million Mile, Platinum, and Gold.  Then the MVPs and people in premium class are allowed to board.    After that the other six people get on.

Other perk of premium (on my airline) include free drinks, but unlike first class where there is a dedicated person to offer beverages on any whim, in Premium they are free only when the cart comes around, that perk is equal to what the million mile, platinum and gold folks who aren't in first class get.

This program seems like a modified version of that.   I have a hard time believing that NCL would send these 25 "priority" folks down the gangplank in front of the Haven, and Platinum Plus folks for a mere $125 (or whatever) nominal fee.

Some people might really like the "priority" feeling and for them, the cost is worth it.  Many happy returns to them.

• Like 3

NCL is trying to copy the wildly successful RCCL's Key program.  But sadly this program does not live up to par.

RCCL's program offers a specialty embarkation day lunch at Chops grill, VIP seats in the theater for shows, priority embarkation super VIP (own boarding plank), free embarkation day bag check,  and special last day breakfast in a specialty restaurant and I probably forgot more items.

NCL's seems pretty cheap with offering spa discounts or minimal credits.  

Note to NCL:  If you are going to copy another line's program.... Make it better!

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, TPgal said:

I read this promo as being able to get in line behind Haven and PP folks for boarding.  Priority does not mean first.  On airlines, those of us rubes who pay for "priority seating" but aren't in First board after People who need assistance, First Class, Million Mile, Platinum, and Gold.  Then the MVPs and people in premium class are allowed to board.    After that the other six people get on.

Other perk of premium (on my airline) include free drinks, but unlike first class where there is a dedicated person to offer beverages on any whim, in Premium they are free only when the cart comes around, that perk is equal to what the million mile, platinum and gold folks who aren't in first class get.

This program seems like a modified version of that.   I have a hard time believing that NCL would send these 25 "priority" folks down the gangplank in front of the Haven, and Platinum Plus folks for a mere $125 (or whatever) nominal fee.

Some people might really like the "priority" feeling and for them, the cost is worth it.  Many happy returns to them.

Ding...ding...ding! Somebody gets it, we have a winner!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

NCL is trying to copy the wildly successful RCCL's Key program.  But sadly this program does not live up to par.

RCCL's program offers a specialty embarkation day lunch at Chops grill, VIP seats in the theater for shows, priority embarkation super VIP (own boarding plank), free embarkation day bag check,  and special last day breakfast in a specialty restaurant and I probably forgot more items.

NCL's seems pretty cheap with offering spa discounts or minimal credits.  

Note to NCL:  If you are going to copy another line's program.... Make it better!

So you seem to have a bad view of one line copying from another (Royal Up, Wear Your Best, etc). Your very valid opinion aside, your presence here, along with all of the NCL's in your signature shows that NCL already has your attention. Why would they need to change the offerings in a package?

9 hours ago, SeaShark said:

So you seem to have a bad view of one line copying from another (Royal Up, Wear Your Best, etc).  Nope.  Each line copies eachother all the time.  I never projected a dislike for any such practice. Just pointing out the obvious. Your very valid opinion aside, your presence here, along with all of the NCL's in your signature shows that NCL already has your attention. Why would they need to change the offerings in a package? Because the package is not that great for even considering purchasing.  The RCCL program I would consider purchasing.

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Nope.  Each line copies eachother all the time.  I never projected a dislike for any such practice. Just pointing out the obvious. 

Because the package is not that great for even considering purchasing.  The RCCL program I would consider purchasing.

It has always been said that anything that is truly obvious doesn't need to be pointed out. 

That aside, I'm sure NCL doesn't mind that you would consider purchasing something that RCCL offers as long as your signature keeps saying "NCL...NCL...NCL..." and not "RCCL...RCCL...RCCL..."

After going on nearing 30 cruises and making platinum plus status, this is like a slap in the face.  IF they do this, what additional benefits will they be giving to PP passengers?  NCL is looking to make a $$$$ any way they can.  Very disappointed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SeaShark said:

It has always been said that anything that is truly obvious doesn't need to be pointed out. 

That aside, I'm sure NCL doesn't mind that you would consider purchasing something that RCCL offers as long as your signature keeps saying "NCL...NCL...NCL..." and not "RCCL...RCCL...RCCL..."

I have not cruised NCL in almost 5 years.  Wonder why

24 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

IMHO that just makes it worse. If you haven't cruised NCL in 5 years, what are you still doing here? NCL must really be a draw for you to stick around for 5 years without cruising. Of course, I'm not seeing you cruising on RCCL in that time frame either...and what line will you be using for your Feb 2020 cruise again???

Edited by SeaShark

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Sorry, but I seriously laughed out loud.  As much as you post here and get involved deeply in discussions I thought for sure you were a twice a year NCL cruiser.

Nothing wrong with that though.  Post away!!

9 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Sorry, but I seriously laughed out loud.  As much as you post here and get involved deeply in discussions I thought for sure you were a twice a year NCL cruiser.

Nothing wrong with that though.  Post away!!

yes, I USED to cruise once or twice a year, not anymore and not since FDR has taken over.  Last cruise was Feb 2015 NCL Getaway.  And by the time I get to my Encore cruise it will be over half a decade!

Edited by david_sobe

22 hours ago, smot13 said:

That seems like a steal at $100. I'm on Breakaway in December. Any advice on how I can get in on this test? 

In my case, I had booked through a TA.  I emailed them and asked if it was available on my sailing and they checked and were able to add it.  If you booked directly through NCL, I am sure you could call them as well to have it added.   

On 9/10/2019 at 8:17 PM, hladygirl said:

No reason for us. We are platinum and already get priority boarding which have has been great for us, never had to tender. Never want to order breakfast in the cabin. Do not want to use the spa. So this useless to us if even offered. Why should others get what we earned even at a premium price? NCL selling what we have earned again.

Agree with you on every point. I earned my Platinum status and should have had it earlier if NCl hadn't changed the point program last year

On 9/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, shotgunmag said:

Loyalty is WAY MORE important to a bottom line than short term gains at the expense of alienating your best guests who stuck by you. Why should a person on their first cruise be afforded the same perks for $100 per "cabin" that it may have taken a loyal latitudes member tens of thousands of dollars invested to achieve. So to your premise latitudes members also have "paid" for these perks but at a much higher investment point. Really crumby business practice which has us reviewing our future usage. 

I agree with you 100%. In a perfect world, this makes sence. However, Holland America is trying a similar scheme. They have taken some perks formerly reserved for Suite or 4 and 5 star cruisers (many cruises under their belt) and are bundling them for anyone who pays a fee. As a 4 star Mariner and a Suite guest, this was an insult to me. Taking perks and giving them to anyone dilutes to value to those loyal guests. So HAL seems to care nothing about loyalty! What's worse is that up until now, Suite guests have not had their own restaurant, except for breakfast. Holland, has decided to give these new guests their own restaurant for breakfast and dinner on the newest ships! And they closed the Suites only breakfast area! How's that for appreciation for your top paying guests. Oh, they have decided to allow Suite guests to join Club Orange guests in their new venue. How generous! This offer started at $50 per person per day, then reduced to $35. No extra charge for Suite guests. Needless to say, this has not gone over well with many loyal members. A cheaper version is being rolled on on older ships without space for a separate dining area. We'll have to wait and see if it sinks or swims. Thought I'd post for your information. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, lauracruises said:

Agree with you on every point. I earned my Platinum status and should have had it earlier if NCl hadn't changed the point program last year

NCL changing the point program didn't affect anyone who was already in it. 

My fiance and I both became Platinum in May at 76 points. 🙂 

• Like 1

Carnival's program gurantee that your room will be ready at boarding. It also gives you access to a special and shorter line at guest services. Royal and NCL do not offer these with their program. Those are the 2 perks that have value to me

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:14 PM, joanna0627 said:

After going on nearing 30 cruises and making platinum plus status, this is like a slap in the face.  IF they do this, what additional benefits will they be giving to PP passengers?  NCL is looking to make a $$$$ any way they can.  Very disappointed.

Other line offer the same benefits. NCL is late to the game to cash in. 

• 2 weeks later...