Bottle Water on Carnival

Senvy797

Ugh - hate canned water.  I use crystal light flavor packets - not sure how that would work with cans.  Also, the cans probably aren't resealable.  This means I will probably pack my own water bottles and use them - I don't mind ship water at all.

If Carnival eliminates the option to buy bottled water and will not allow us to bring our own we will probably not cruise with Carnival again , simply cannot drink the ship's water due to being allergic to chlorine.

I didn't read all of John Heald's posts but what I saw lead me to believe that cans were an option, but it was not yet settled.  Hope they are cartons by the time we cruise in February.  If not, I may just cancel my 3 12 packs of bottled water that I ordered. 😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garyw2165 said:

If Carnival eliminates the option to buy bottled water and will not allow us to bring our own we will probably not cruise with Carnival again , simply cannot drink the ship's water due to being allergic to chlorine.

so canned or cartoned water are not acceptable, only plastic?

• Like 1

Cartons may be OK , but how do you carry a carton in your knapsack carry ashore , cans always taste like metal and I'm just guessing but I don't believe that the price of either of those options would be reasonable compared to the cost of bottles.

14 hours ago, welldone60 said:

John Heald posted today that Carnival is doing away with plastic water bottles and is going to cans. Not sure what size the cans will be.

According to his post this morning, John doesn't know what will happen to the plastic bottles and he doesn't want to guess.

3CD6534E-DA81-4B92-B0E7-571BB968A047.png

• Like 1

I recently carried off in all 5 ports (Fascination) Carnival bottled water.  I think in 3-4 ports I carried back on unopened bottles that were unused.  Never was questioned nor plastic bottles confiscated.  Not much loss if they had confiscated.  

I even took off/brought back on my Yeti/Tervis style mug still containing liquids; I offered to empty it out & they said it was ok.  Maybe an exception but I think Carnival’s staff/security is more chill than most folks here give them credit for.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jc4me said:

I didn't read all of John Heald's posts but what I saw lead me to believe that cans were an option, but it was not yet settled.  Hope they are cartons by the time we cruise in February.  If not, I may just cancel my 3 12 packs of bottled water that I ordered. 😞

I just cancelled mine yesterday.

We don't drink alcohol so I guess I'll pack a bunch of r runners with spring water and smuggles them on.im too cheap to pay $5 for a half case of $2 a case water.i got nothing to lose I told the wife yesterday our cruising days are over.i rather use my motorhome for short trips monthly .plenty to see and do close to home.

1 minute ago, scpirate said:

We don't drink alcohol so I guess I'll pack a bunch of r runners with spring water and smuggles them on.im too cheap to pay $5 for a half case of $2 a case water.i got nothing to lose I told the wife yesterday our cruising days are over.i rather use my motorhome for short trips monthly .plenty to see and do close to home.

Ummmm I must have missed something, you are not cruising because water costs $4.95?

• Like 1