Recent Diamond C & A cruisers...I have a laundry question

BeeSkip

Hi Friends

I was wondering what perks/coupons diamond guests get now while cruising.  Honestly, I am mostly interested in if they give any "free" laundry services.  This will help me decide what to pack...I was just on a Celebrity ship and we got 30 pieces per person complimentary...Hoping something similar on RCCL.

Thanks

Bee

7 minutes ago, BeeSkip said:

Hi Friends

I was wondering what perks/coupons diamond guests get now while cruising.  Honestly, I am mostly interested in if they give any "free" laundry services.  This will help me decide what to pack...I was just on a Celebrity ship and we got 30 pieces per person complimentary...Hoping something similar on RCCL.

Thanks

Bee

Diamond doesn't receive any free laundry service. 

2 hours ago, BeeSkip said:

Hi Friends

Thanks

Bee

DIAMOND BENEFITS LETTER.jpg

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Per person I believe.  We did two bags on our cruise in April for free.

jc

Had the same   on the Anthem two weeks ago. Great for socks, underware, t shirts, etc. Not sure I would trust them for good shirts.

48 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Had the same   on the Anthem two weeks ago. Great for socks, underware, t shirts, etc. Not sure I would trust them for good shirts.

Agree about good shirts, but they're not allowed anyway. The list says socks, t-shirts,swimwear, underwear and pyjamas - stuff as much as you can into the bag. 1 bag pp for D+

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeeSkip said:

Hi Friends

Thanks

Bee

Unfortunately no free laundry for Diamond.

I took a small foldable clothes line with me, so we could wash our smalls through and hung it on the back of a chair on the balcony. The line in the shower was useless.

1F8E7925-0A4E-4FC3-B4D2-80F1A0186F2A.jpeg

15 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I took a small foldable clothes line with me, so we could wash our smalls through and hung it on the back of a chair on the balcony. The line in the shower was useless.

1F8E7925-0A4E-4FC3-B4D2-80F1A0186F2A.jpeg

I use these magnets for the same type of purpose inside the room.  Fit in the luggage much more easily!

I wash out my swimwear or whatever and let it drip in the shower for a while, then lay a towel on the floor, spread out the wet clothes, roll up the towel, and then step all over the towel, which drives much of the water out of the item and into the towel.  

Then I hang the damp items on a hanger (either normal hanging, or using the clips on a pants/skirt hanger) and then hang the whole thing from a magnet hook on the ceiling in front of the air vent.   The air movement from the vent results in overnight drying of the items.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

Then I hang the damp items on a hanger (either normal hanging, or using the clips on a pants/skirt hanger) and then hang the whole thing from a magnet hook on the ceiling in front of the air vent.   The air movement from the vent results in overnight drying of the items.  

I didn't even think of using magnet hooks on the ceiling of the stateroom! Using the walls and magnets is a no brainer, but the ceiling is a real game changer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

I use these magnets for the same type of purpose inside the room.  Fit in the luggage much more easily!

I wash out my swimwear or whatever and let it drip in the shower for a while, then lay a towel on the floor, spread out the wet clothes, roll up the towel, and then step all over the towel, which drives much of the water out of the item and into the towel.  

We do exactly the same! It's worked very well for us,  and the magnets are very easy to pack.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lifesaver1984 said:

I didn't even think of using magnet hooks on the ceiling of the stateroom! Using the walls and magnets is a no brainer, but the ceiling is a real game changer.

I got the idea from the little signs that tell you not to hang hangers from the fire sprinkler heads!  LOL

On 10/5/2019 at 4:15 AM, upwarduk said:

Great for being in port...but you don't want to leave stuff out on your balcony while at sea (and I believe is actually not allowed).  Also...there are times when the cleaning crew comes by with their power washers to do your balcony while you are at port.  Just an FYI.  🙂 

Agree with previous poster.  We hang damp things inside the cabin on magnets attached to ceiling.  

Edited by island lady

9 hours ago, Lifesaver1984 said:

I do it all the time.  While on a B2B in Alaska, I wore a lot of light weight fleece tops.  They washed up nicely in the sink, I drip dried them in the shower, then hung them from hangers using the ceiling magnet hooks I bring along.  

Edited by island lady