Oops, 11:30 check-in time in Tampa

Out of Iowa

I am a dyed-in-the-wool planner ... yet completely missed the calendar note to myself and did not check in at midnight.  Now we have an 11:30 am check-in time.  Previously, we've arrived at 10 am (or the earliest possible), at other ports. 

What has been your experience in Tampa with an 11:30am arrival time?

1 minute ago, Out of Iowa said:

I am a dyed-in-the-wool planner ... yet completely missed the calendar note to myself and did not check in at midnight.  Now we have an 11:30 am check-in time.  Previously, we've arrived at 10 am (or the earliest possible), at other ports. 

11:30 AM is an early check-in time. That is the earliest check-in time I have seen on cruises we have been on the last few years.

The port has an early/late line, so you can always show up early and hope this line isn’t too long and/or that they are allowing people in this line to enter the terminal. 

Personally I would just show-up during your selected check-in time window. Assuming everything is going well that day without any delays, you will likely be on the ship before 12 PM. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

I have never heard of a 10am check in time.   The earliest I have seen is 11am, but many get 1130am or later.

The ship usually isn't even cleared by 10am. 

I would show up at your check in time.

Just checked in at 11:01 last night CDT for our Jan 5 cruise out of Tampa and the earliest time was 11:30.

We are supposed to check in with a wedding party so should be earlier but I wanted to get a time locked in just in case the TA continues her lack of attention and doesn’t get us priority boarding.

1 hour ago, clearwatergirl said:

Wedding parties always board ahead of Diamond/Platinum and FFTS.  I'm sure the planner will let you know what time that'll be.

Have a great cruise. 

Hopefully it will be up to the Carnival planner to get it noted on our checkin paperwork so we are allowed in the proper line. TA not so reliable.

My wife is Platinum and we got 1130am check in time for 12/26 cruise this past week.  our adult kids are first time Carnival cruisers and separately checked in, 1130 am check in time.

usually I don't care when I get onboard but this time is only a 4 nt cruise and we have the DRANKS! package, I'll be ready to hoist one midday. 

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, for your knowledgeable support.  Tampa arrival times seem to be different than our NOLA experiences. 

So, we'll be stuck at the hotel - having checked out of our room....a leisurely breakfast, then....  perhaps the aquarium?  Dragging luggage behind us while exploing Ybor City doesn't sound inviting; but just perhaps the front desk would accommodate our bags until our shuttle time.

50 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

Thanks, everyone, for your knowledgeable support.  Tampa arrival times seem to be different than our NOLA experiences. 

So, we'll be stuck at the hotel - having checked out of our room....a leisurely breakfast, then....  perhaps the aquarium?  Dragging luggage behind us while exploing Ybor City doesn't sound inviting; but just perhaps the front desk would accommodate our bags until our shuttle time.

we usually ask for a late check out, most places will give you an hour extra.

Also, if your checkout of the hotel is 11:00a already, you will be showing up at the pier around 11:30 anyway, getting a bus/uber/cab, getting into pier, unloading bags etc.

You will not have to find other things to do in between.

Have fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Out of Iowa said:

Huh?  Hotel checkout is never before 11am and you can easily get a late checkout to give you more time if needed.

1 hour ago, Out of Iowa said:

Regardless of your checkin time you can always drop your luggage with the porters, so all you'll need to drag around is your carry-ons.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, bingomamma19 said:

I have never heard of a 10am check in time.   The earliest I have seen is 11am, but many get 1130am or later.
The ship usually isn't even cleared by 10am. 

I would show up at your check in time.

I know things have changed with the checkin process in the last year or two so that the 10 AM checkin time is rarely seen anymore, but when we sailed out of Tampa we did have a 10 AM checkin time and were in the boarding lounge waiting by 10:10. Checkin time is not boarding time (I know Bingomamma knows that, they're an experienced cruiser) I'm just mentioning it for the benefit of the OP.

So @Out of Iowa you need to decide- check out of your hotel and hang around the port to see if you can check in early (or find something like the aquarium other other stuff in Channelside) or you can wait a bit at the hotel, check in at your designated time and will most likely be onboard within 30 minutes of 11:30. And as was stated earlier, you can always show up later (your boarding documents should tell you the latest time you can check in at the port).

On 10/8/2019 at 12:43 AM, rvsullivan said:

Yes, but you will have get in the early/late line! Best to get there at your assigned time.

We have got the latest  check in time possible,  we will be driving from St Augustine  so we will set out a bit earlier

18 hours ago, Out of Iowa said:

Most hotels will hold your luggage for you without any problems.  Many times we have checked out but had to wait for a shuttle.  They just tag them and put them in a separate room for you.  

Our last trip 8/17 out of Tampa , had multiple sets of cruisers , One set was not platinum they had 1130-1200 boarding time.

we all arrived at 1135.. we walked right thru .. the fastest boarding I have ever experienced.

All suitcases were deliver to rooms by 1pm .. again the fastest we have experienced ..