Customer Service Backlog-Six Weeks

CynCyn

I recently sailed on a 3 day from Vancouver to LA on the Ruby.  I had a few small complaints about service and the response from guest services that I emailed to Princess.  I got a call today that customer relations has a backlog and, while they had created a case, I should expect a six-week delay in their response.  The rep said they wanted to thank me for being a loyal customer and ask me to be patient.

i appreciated the call and told the rep that I thought Princess should be aware of the gaps in service and the responses I received which is why I emailed.

Have they cut back on staff or are there that many complaints?

Could it depend on how much investigation the issue needs? On September 28 I emailed them asking why the cruise I put on hold wasn't part of 3-for-free. The website said it was but the benefits didn't show up. I was contacted Monday and she explained that the price was lower w/o 3-for-free. I stated I wanted the hold extended until my PVP returned from vacation. She did better .... she extended it to AUGUST! I booked a new reservation with my PVP yesterday morning as she got me the same price + 75 OBC

Bottom line: simple explanation response in 3 days 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

I recently sailed on a 3 day from Vancouver to LA on the Ruby.  I had a few small complaints about service and the response from guest services that I emailed to Princess.  I got a call today that customer relations has a backlog and, while they had created a case, I should expect a six-week delay in their response.  The rep said they wanted to thank me for being a loyal customer and ask me to be patient.

i appreciated the call and told the rep that I thought Princess should be aware of the gaps in service and the responses I received which is why I emailed.

Have they cut back on staff or are there that many complaints?

I remember being told 6 weeks on several occasions over the years.

It never changes.  SOP

Some post that they have been contacted earlier but for the most part its a long time. 

Did you complain onboard?

10 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I remember being told 6 weeks on several occasions over the years.

It never changes.  SOP

Some post that they have been contacted earlier but for the most part its a long time. 

Did you complain onboard?

Yes and that was the biggest issue because they really didn’t want to be bothered and told me it was my fault because I didn’t make requests.  It was for ice and a robe.  She told me that ice melts so they don’t deliver it unless you request it,  then she said you must request a robe.  When I said I did in my personalizer, she said we’ll get you one and hung up. My steward brought a robe with ‘here’s your robe’ and walked off.  I never got ice.

Small things that didn’t ruin my cruise but the response was what I found below par. I still think that the first question from my steward was telling, ‘Are you in for three days, or thirty’.  The service mirrored my response of three days.  It was the first time I did not tip over the auto tip.  

I don’t really want anything except an apology and a commitment to do better.

I’m sorry this happened to you. The staff will strive to do a better job in the future. The chief housekeeper has been informed of your concern and will talk with their staff to help improve overall service. 

thank you again for expressing your concerns. Please enjoy your next Princess sailing. 

3 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’m sorry this happened to you. The staff will strive to do a better job in the future. The chief housekeeper has been informed of your concern and will talk with their staff to help improve overall service. 

thank you again for expressing your concerns. Please enjoy your next Princess sailing. 

Yup! But I had to say it! LOL

A few years ago Princess used to deliver ice automatically.  From my experience (2-4 trips per year on Princess) this changed a few years ago. If one wants ice the best way is to directly notify your steward, we do the first day when the he introduces himself.

As far as the robe goes we have found that on a small percentage of trips the request for robes do not make it from the personalizer to the ship.  Easily fixed by telling the steward.

Since the steward is the one that handles both issues best to contact them and not go round about through customer service.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, npcl said:

A few years ago Princess used to deliver ice automatically.  From my experience (2-4 trips per year on Princess) this changed a few years ago. If one wants ice the best way is to directly notify your steward, we do the first day when the he introduces himself.

As far as the robe goes we have found that on a small percentage of trips the request for robes do not make it from the personalizer to the ship.  Easily fixed by telling the steward.

Since the steward is the one that handles both issues best to contact them and not go round about through customer service.

I would have done so if I had a chance .  My steward was elusive......  she didn’t even service my cabin on the first full day until the evening. 

Maybe it was an anomaly,  but I had ice on the last 2 cruises and a robe waiting for me on one, and delivered early the first evening on the other.  

33 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They called me and told me it would be 6 weeks, 8 weeks ago!!!

At what point do I email or call them back!?

That is ridiculous! I would call, write, and tweet! Good luck!

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Could it depend on how much investigation the issue needs? On September 28 I emailed them asking why the cruise I put on hold wasn't part of 3-for-free. The website said it was but the benefits didn't show up. I was contacted Monday and she explained that the price was lower w/o 3-for-free. I stated I wanted the hold extended until my PVP returned from vacation. She did better .... she extended it to AUGUST! I booked a new reservation with my PVP yesterday morning as she got me the same price + 75 OBC

So, Princess is admitting that 3-for-free is not really for free.

We just got back from a transatlantic on the Crown Princess. Our cabin steward delivered ice every afternoon. My robe was delivered the second day of our cruise. (I had forgotten that it's in my profile. I don't really need one except when we have a balcony cabin.) We had one of the best cabin stewards ever. He always made our room in a timely manner.

Edited by geoherb

We had a problem on the land tour after an Alaska cruise and two weeks ago was told we will hear from them in 6 weeks. They called to tell me this.

Since Alaska season is over and the lodges closed nobody for them to talk to cannot imagine how they would resolve my complaint but we shall see.

2 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

We had a problem on the land tour after an Alaska cruise and two weeks ago was told we will hear from them in 6 weeks. They called to tell me this.

Since Alaska season is over and the lodges closed nobody for them to talk to cannot imagine how they would resolve my complaint but we shall see.

They have some permanent staff that work at lodges in the winter (even thought they are closed).

13 hours ago, CynCyn said:

Yes and that was the biggest issue because they really didn’t want to be bothered and told me it was my fault because I didn’t make requests.  It was for ice and a robe.  She told me that ice melts so they don’t deliver it unless you request it,  then she said you must request a robe.  When I said I did in my personalizer, she said we’ll get you one and hung up. My steward brought a robe with ‘here’s your robe’ and walked off.  I never got ice.

Small things that didn’t ruin my cruise but the response was what I found below par. I still think that the first question from my steward was telling, ‘Are you in for three days, or thirty’.  The service mirrored my response of three days.  It was the first time I did not tip over the auto tip.  

I don’t really want anything except an apology and a commitment to do better.

Wondering if you spoke to your steward first or went directly to Guest Services?

Since your steward was elusive, perhaps you could have left a note?  And if that was unsuccessful, then a trip to Guest Services or Head of Housekeeping might have gotten results.  It always seems to be easier to resolve an issue while onboard.  Hope you hear from someone soon.

45 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

Since your steward was elusive, perhaps you could have left a note?  And if that was unsuccessful, then a trip to Guest Services or Head of Housekeeping might have gotten results.  It always seems to be easier to resolve an issue while onboard.  

I completely agree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CATGUY7 said:

Since your steward was elusive, perhaps you could have left a note?  And if that was unsuccessful, then a trip to Guest Services or Head of Housekeeping might have gotten results.  It always seems to be easier to resolve an issue while onboard.  Hope you hear from someone soon.

When we need anything and the steward is not to be found, we always leave them a note and almost always issue taken care of quickly

• Like 1

I did chase her down for tissues once.  I did try to handle it onboard.  That’s when I was told ice melts.  I felt corporate should know about the level of service.  It was certainly different than my last two cruises. I didn’t want anything except an apology and for them to know they have serious gaps in service and customer relations even on the same ship within four months.