New ship

The Bullingdon Club

Guest SilverHengroen
7 hours ago, Whirled Peas said:

When can we expect deck plans?

At the very latest they will have to be released alongside voyages going on sale in May, so around 2 months if not before. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SilverHengroen

queen-anne_Britannia_Club_restaurant-tab

It looks like the Britannia Club might be quite a bit larger than on QE & QV, maybe even more so than on QM2. Perhaps Cunard's way of making open dining available to more passengers per voyage? That assumes this is only a section of the room not most of it. 

16 minutes ago, omah1975 said:

Did anyone else receive an email to say that Queen Anne's maiden voyage will be to Lisbon?

Yes. See this post earlier on this thread with details of Queen Anne's early 2024 itineraries @CruiseFan94 reported. This indicates her maiden voyage will be Jan 4-11, 2024 with an overnight stay in Lisbon.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2702013-new-ship/page/15/#comment-62828140

This also sets up a "three queens" meet in Southampton on January 11, 2024 with QM2 and QV which was mentioned on another thread.

Just looked in on this thread for the first time. I've only sailed with Cunard twice but have been thinking about it more as P&O and I seem to be going in different directions these days.

I noted that QA is being built on the Koningsdam platform and if she is very similar, she will not appeal to me. I would imagine the theatre will have three performances per night as they probably don't expect all 3000 pax to go to the shows.

The other couple of things that would concern me are swimming pool provision and the Promenade. Koningsdam appears to only have 2 swimming pools for 3000 pax 🤔, which doesn't seem sufficient to me. I've just had a look at a video of the Koningsdam Promenade, which throws up two issues for me - it is very narrow in the vast majority of sections and there are precious few sea views with lifeboats obstructing the view along most of the ship. It certainly won't be a place for sitting and relaxing if that is the case on QA.

I didn't find anything of real interest in the P&O 2024 launch, so will look at Cunard for something but have a horrible feeling that they might be just as boring as most of the P&O itineraries.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Must go down as one of the poorest maiden voyages only 7 days with one port of call i.e. Lisbon in January. I was considering booking maiden voyage but its not for me.

This Mongrel just keeps on disappointing those who previously have not rejected it

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The Ship Anne

It seems a very strange decision by Cunard to have a Maiden cruise of just 7nts and just sail out to Lisbon then sail back and especially at beginning of January. Not very appealing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It seems a very strange decision by Cunard to have a Maiden cruise of just 7nts and just sail out to Lisbon then sail back and especially at beginning of January. Not very appealing.

Bean counters have an idea.

Guests made stay onboard, with the hope their spends will be heavy “Celebrating” the birth of this…..

12 hours ago, omah1975 said:

Did anyone else receive an email to say that Queen Anne's maiden voyage will be to Lisbon?

Yes, I did. It was also promoting the release of the Australia and New Zealand 'homeport season' 2023/2024. I wish they would make their Australia circumnavigation cruises a feature of each of their forays into this region (instead of it being an unusual occurence). Perhaps with an extra ship they might be pursuaded to do so.

It'll be interesting to see which region they deploy the Queen Anne to - most likely UK, western Europe and the TAs; I'm not averse to booking a cruise on her despite preferring the more traditional decor of the other three ships but doubt there'll be any opportunity for those who don't wish to travel beyond the above regions.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, eroller said:

Queen Anne balcony cabin.  Might he Britannia Club not sure.  

F8A67DBA-600C-493C-9F36-B0E8ED157F20.jpeg

Interesting find. I think it's safe to provide a link to where I found that image. It doesn't appear to be a cruise booking site.

https://cruiselowdown.com/blog/Cunard-Queen-Anne-Britannia-Club

Some of the other images on that page appear to be grill suites. Nonetheless, there are a couple interesting quotes from that page about Britannia Club on Queen Anne.

"Responding to demand for a Britannia Club accommodation experience on new ship Queen Anne, Cunard have revealed that they will offer more than twice the number of Britannia Club staterooms, compared to those on other ships across the fleet."

"Guests staying in Britannia Club will enjoy an enhanced dining experience being able to dine in the dedicated Britannia Club Restaurant, which is positioned at the heart of the ship next to the atmospheric Grand Lobby, boasting breath- taking panoramic sea views."

There's also an official press release from Carnival Corporation here.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cunard-announces-growth-north-american-market-news-queen-anne

Here are a few interesting tidbits from that press release.

"... maiden season itineraries announced on May 4."

"The arrival of a fourth ship to the fleet provides Cunard the opportunity to increase the number of sailings in Alaska, Australia and Japan."

"The Britannia cabins comprise the majority of accommodations onboard and celebrate the deep blue of the ocean, glistening with flashes of gold to reflect the sunshine."

"The Princess Grill suites are enveloped in sumptuous Cunard red and gold tones and warm wooden furnishings."

"And the ship's premier category, the Queens Grill, has a bold art deco design using luxurious materials in deep shades of purple and wood intended for refined relaxation and entertainment."

"Each of the top six suites has been named after an iconic waterway that was important to Cunard throughout their history including Mersey, Solent, Boston, Hudson, Halifax and Clyde."

Edited by bluemarble

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Interesting find. I think it's safe to provide a link to where I found that image. It doesn't appear to be a cruise booking site.

https://cruiselowdown.com/blog/Cunard-Queen-Anne-Britannia-Club

Some of the other images on that page appear to be grill suites. Nonetheless, there are a couple interesting quotes from that page about Britannia Club on Queen Anne.

"Responding to demand for a Britannia Club accommodation experience on new ship Queen Anne, Cunard have revealed that they will offer more than twice the number of Britannia Club staterooms, compared to those on other ships across the fleet."

"Guests staying in Britannia Club will enjoy an enhanced dining experience being able to dine in the dedicated Britannia Club Restaurant, which is positioned at the heart of the ship next to the atmospheric Grand Lobby, boasting breath- taking panoramic sea views."

There's also an official press release from Carnival Corporation here.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cunard-announces-growth-north-american-market-news-queen-anne

Here are a few interesting tidbits from that press release.

"... maiden season itineraries announced on May 4."

"The arrival of a fourth ship to the fleet provides Cunard the opportunity to increase the number of sailings in Alaska, Australia and Japan."

"The Britannia cabins comprise the majority of accommodations onboard and celebrate the deep blue of the ocean, glistening with flashes of gold to reflect the sunshine."

"The Princess Grill suites are enveloped in sumptuous Cunard red and gold tones and warm wooden furnishings."

"And the ship's premier category, the Queens Grill, has a bold art deco design using luxurious materials in deep shades of purple and wood intended for refined relaxation and entertainment."

"Each of the top six suites has been named after an iconic waterway that was important to Cunard throughout their history including Mersey, Solent, Boston, Hudson, Halifax and Clyde."

The press release stresses the importance for Cunard of growth in the N. American market which explains the design of the new ship.

Personally, I find the 'purple' they've used in the QG dining room an awful colour - a very 'care home mauve' if you ask me. I hope the 'purple' they will use in the Queen's grill suites is not this particular shade.

Sounds like Britannia Grill will be where Pinnacle Grill is on K'dam. Nice location. It has access to the  main kitchen, which makes sense. 

Looking at the image for what I guess is Brit Club, It appears that Cunard will continue to keep Brit and brit Club cabins the same size/layout. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder