Suite Privilege Program for non suite guests??

JennJohnNYC

35 minutes ago, chemmo said:

A big difference between allowing one guest to join the PH couple compared to multiple friends....Lots of people travel regularly as groups of 6/8/10 friendship couples or  extended family. Whilst I wish them all the best for a great cruise smaller venues like Michael’s/Retreat/Luminae can quickly become overtaken by a party of 10+.  

I agree! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Indeed. I am almost sure you were on the other side, flashing your 'distinctive' sea pass card. The experience is titillating, right?

💥

Actually it is a card that I found and was trying to find the owner.  Never did.  I thought about turning it in but decided to keep it and now proudly display it on a lanyard every time I cruise. 🤑🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

24 minutes ago, miched said:

I thought about turning it in but decided to keep it and now proudly display it on a lanyard every time I cruise. 🤑🙄

So, you didn't take it to guest services and tell them it wasn't working and have them give you a new card for your 'new' stateroom? That lanyard idea is good. That way folks walking toward you instantly know how important you are, right?

For several cruises I didn't realize there was a difference in cards. Then when we were walking to Luminae the couple ahead of us presented their cards and the hostess immediately said, "I'm sorry, sir. This is the Suite restaurant". So, I guess there really is a difference, right?

22 hours ago, Mynki said:

Which would suggest to me that an analyst has been crunching data across the fleet to arrive at the number 16. 

Personally I really don't think many will be impacted at all. I suspect Celebrity have listened to feedback from PH and RS guests who have expressed a wish to have those travelling with them join them in Luminae. Nothing more. :) 

I agree with you.  We tend to make a big deal about everything on these boards anticipating what will happen before seeing if it is actually a problem.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, K12Guy said:

So, you didn't take it to guest services and tell them it wasn't working and have them give you a new card for your 'new' stateroom? That lanyard idea is good. That way folks walking toward you instantly know how important you are, right?

For several cruises I didn't realize there was a difference in cards. Then when we were walking to Luminae the couple ahead of us presented their cards and the hostess immediately said, "I'm sorry, sir. This is the Suite restaurant". So, I guess there really is a difference, right?

I ssen that happen and feel sorry for those passengers.   It can very easily happened by mistake.   Luminae was made from a part of the MDR.   People could easily think it is a entrance to the  MDR by just making a wrong turn.   There is a sign but it isn’t always visible as passengers will be standing in front of it.

When you check into Luminae they will ask your name and cabin, then  the computer will also show your picture.   The same at Michael’s Club an etc.   when they swipe your card your picture will appear.  The card color probably  doesn’t mean anything except to maybe impress the card holder  and fast recognition by the employees in those areas. 

If you lose a card and go to GR they will issue a new one and deactivate the old one.  It will have a different folio number but tied into your account.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I agree with you.  We tend to make a big deal about everything on these boards anticipating what will happen before seeing if it is actually a problem.

Be thankful my mother in law who has actually sailed on X doesn't post on here! That said when I see some of the 'perceived' issues I wonder if she is a member at times! 

In my world a few extra people in Luninae isn't an issue.  A few suite pax who have had their butler or concierge make them a reservation in Blu or the MDR at a convenient time with the Blu and MDR management isn't an issue either. 

Edited by Mynki

22 hours ago, Mynki said:

Be thankful my mother in law who has actually sailed on X doesn't post on here! That said when I see some of the 'perceived' issues I wonder if she is a member at times! 

In my world a few extra people in Luninae isn't an issue.  A few suite pax who have had their butler or concierge make them a reservation in Blu or the MDR at a convenient time with the Blu and MDR management isn't an issue either. 

LOL!  Mynki you always seem so reasonable that I'm sure you get along fine with the mum-in-law!

When we cruise we get a sky suite. I dont see any need for a larger suite. When traveling we family or friends we book what ever category they decide on. We did this about 2 years ago and were booked in aqua. I thought I might miss the suite class, but was very happy with aqua/blu. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I just learned it's $99 per person per day. The person I talked to called it "The Retreat Privilege Package." It includes priority embarkation, access to the lounge and sundeck, Luminae and reserved seating on evening chic neats in the theater (at least on Beyond). The agent didn't tell me about a lower price on port days but that's something to check on because Luminae doesn't serve lunch. I also might check to see if there are some days I can just not pay it and not use the facilities those days.

It notably does not include the premium wifi, prepaid tips or drink packages (though some of those are available in other fares). No butler service either.

• Like 2

I would be surprised if this is still a active offering.  It existed for a short time pre pandemic and was limited to a small number (10 or so) and they had to be traveling with others in high in end suites.  Since the restart Suites have been sailing full and X has taken Retreat Lounge access from Zenith members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, knotsperhour said:

I just learned it's $99 per person per day. The person I talked to called it "The Retreat Privilege Package." It includes priority embarkation, access to the lounge and sundeck, Luminae and reserved seating on evening chic neats in the theater (at least on Beyond). The agent didn't tell me about a lower price on port days but that's something to check on because Luminae doesn't serve lunch. I also might check to see if there are some days I can just not pay it and not use the facilities those days.

It notably does not include the premium wifi, prepaid tips or drink packages (though some of those are available in other fares). No butler service either.

Who was the person you talked to? A celebrity agent or a TA?

Just wanted to share my experience as of August 2022 with the Retreat Privilege Package. I asked about a lower price on port days and the rep said that isn't offered. He sort of made it sound like it might be offered on non-revolutionized ships (and they consider all Edge series to be revolutionized even though they were built that way) but I forgot to clarify since it wouldn't affect my Beyond reservation. It's also a no-go to only pay for it for a few days of a cruise. It seems like a good compromise would be to give you a reduced cover charge for specialty dining outside of Luminae if you buy this upgrade or maybe some arbitrary OBC to use toward shore excursions on port days.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2022 at 3:08 AM, jelayne said:

I would be surprised if this is still a active offering.  It existed for a short time pre pandemic and was limited to a small number (10 or so) and they had to be traveling with others in high in end suites.  Since the restart Suites have been sailing full and X has taken Retreat Lounge access from Zenith members. 

I asked the Retreat Concierge about it yesterday.   It is back after Covid and only available to those traveling Solo and one guest   and limited number of slots available you have to arrange prior to travel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/11/2019 at 1:53 PM, MarLieb said:

I'm not in favor of this policy at all.  If guests are sailing in PH or RS and want friends or family to have suite perks, those friends and family should book suites.  Problem solved. 

100% Agree!  I'm in a Penthouse on the Summit in October and would never think of having anyone other than those on the reservation use ANY of the perks, regardless of who they were to me. If I were traveling with people who didn't value a suite, I would forgo a suite or suite perks to spend time with them.  I always felt Celebrity had a bit of a niche in the industry, especially in the suites.  Not run of the mill, but not fussy either.  Suite prices are VERY high right now and if you cheapen the product by watering it down, I think you'll see people look to the higher end lines.  I'd also like to know if it is extended to someone who gets a move up bid accepted.  Will they cap the number of allowed "guests"?  I have a friend who is going on the Apex in the fall with 600 of his nearest and dearest gay friends.  It's not a charter, just a group booking.  I'm sure there are groups like this often.  Just pointing out, it could be a slippery slope and something else for the crew to deal with.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I asked the Retreat Concierge about it yesterday.   It is back after Covid and only available to those traveling Solo and one guest   and limited number of slots available you have to arrange prior to travel

Ahhh, I missed this.  This sounds like a reasonable plan.  

34 minutes ago, Orator said:

I guess the “overcrowded” reason that they eliminated Zeniths no longer applies. Or is it adding to the bottom line? 

See post #92 above or whatever number it is.  It is from Jim_Iain. The numbering seems to be messed up right now.

Edited by TeeRick

When the program was first introduced it was limited to guests with a linked reservation to someone in a PH or RS and there was limited to the number of guests who could purchase the suite privilege.  Information on the program was sent to the suite guests.  I'm not sure from Jim's post if this is still the case or does anyone sailing solo get an offer whether or not they are linked to someone in a suite.

• 5 months later...

I am sailing in a RS on Summit in 2.5 weeks and was offered the Retreat Privilege Package (RPP) for my parents who are sailing with us in the adjoining C1 cabin.  I was only offered the package because I inquired about it.  It was not offered in the initial email from the shoreside concierge.  The price is $99 per person per day and must be booked with the shoreside concierge prior to sailing.  There was no mention of limited availability but then again there are only 10 upper suites on M class so it probably isn't an issue.  I will likely purchase it for my parents and conveniently "forget" to tell them there was a charge for it.  It will be my dad's 85th birthday on the cruise so I want them to really enjoy themselves.

• Like 5