Can I bring a corkscrew on board?

Sun&Sand52

Yes, put it in the checked luggage. After the restrictions came in post 9/11, I bought a small clear zippered bag, like a cosmetic bag. All the little things that could no longer be in carry-on, like a metal nail file, corkscrew, scissors, etc went into that bag, which we named the "no-no bag." I keep it with the travel stuff and just toss it into the suitcase that will be checked. 

I have been able to fly with a corkscrew in carry-on -- as long as it does not have a foil cutter "blade" on it. Mine is imprinted "TSA" right on it. The scanner-person will want to look at it though, so place it in a tray to minimize rooting through your bag.

13 minutes ago, Sunshineliving said:

My last cruise on Nieuw Statendam had one the cabin. 

Agree.  There is usually a cork screw in the cabin.  But we have hit one cruise where there was not.

Nevertheless, we tend to stay pre cruise and may do a land tour post cruise so we’d rather have one than have to call.  It’s in our packing list and always go in our pre- hotel / post hotel bag.  

If we don’t need it great 😄 

13 hours ago, margar said:

Maybe a silly question - not sure - but can I bring a corkscrew onboard?  I know a screw top bottle of wine would be better, but sometimes the one I want to bring is a bottle with a cork! 

I just sailed the Niewu Statendam in September and the corkscrew is in the room by the ice bucket!?  Happy sailings....

I am rather inept with corkscrews - I never get the screw in the cork straight in those corkscrews you get in hotel rooms or ship cabins.  If I had space and didn't care about weight, I'd probably bring my Rabbit with me (no, not THAT kind of "Rabbit" 😉 ).   I bring my trusty Ah-So with me.  2 prongs, wiggle it down the neck and then twist to bring up that cork.  You can reverse the process to re-cork if you want.   

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I am rather inept with corkscrews - I never get the screw in the cork straight in those corkscrews you get in hotel rooms or ship cabins.  If I had space and didn't care about weight, I'd probably bring my Rabbit with me (no, not THAT kind of "Rabbit" 😉 ).   I bring my trusty Ah-So with me.  2 prongs, wiggle it down the neck and then twist to bring up that cork.  You can reverse the process to re-cork if you want.   

We love our 'Rabbit' as well, best wine opener around. It doesn't weigh all THAT much, nor does it take up much space in our bags...  so it comes with us! 😀