John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

"""We had planned on arriving at around noon on Saturday so we could enjoy a nice lunch in CK. We probably still will, but Laura wants to stop at Lilly Pulitzer on Las Olas now. 💲💲😱"""

I think we got this same letter before our Anthem cruise. We got there at the normal (early) time and got on without delays. I guess ymmv...

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We have gotten one setback pre cruise. It's been discussed a bit on the boards lately. Coast Guard Inspection😱

This letter was received a week or so ago

535409998_CGInspection.JPG.5b56925e78e64ed3eaef4dbf7d962c78.JPG

We had planned on arriving at around noon on Saturday so we could enjoy a nice lunch in CK. We probably still will, but Laura wants to stop at Lilly Pulitzer on Las Olas now. 💲💲😱

That us odd. we are on Allure and were told that this Sunday there will be a USCG inspection this Sunday the 27th.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Will do, Graham. I'll try and post a Bella pic that day in your honor

The first leg of this cruise looks amazing.  But then so does the second leg.

Heck - Any cruise is great.

I saw your name and thought...New Picture of Bella!!  Yay!!

Have a great trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We have gotten one setback pre cruise. It's been discussed a bit on the boards lately. Coast Guard Inspection😱

This letter was received a week or so ago

535409998_CGInspection.JPG.5b56925e78e64ed3eaef4dbf7d962c78.JPG

We had planned on arriving at around noon on Saturday so we could enjoy a nice lunch in CK. We probably still will, but Laura wants to stop at Lilly Pulitzer on Las Olas now. 💲💲😱

Well we had that event last year in November, as we came to Port Canaveral on November 8.  And we were stood up.  😂

jc

• Haha 1

image.png.c40580160e2078a26a18cadb55a4920f.png

John not sure of the scale.  Can't really claim I know what it look like at that distance.  Unlike some people (ahem), I don't live by the sea.  Sitting at the airport, and thought I'd give it a shot for you.  According to google images, that is the Harmony, but once I shrunk it down, you can't really tell.  Hopefully, someone will get you a better one.  Have a great cruise.  Do you want a selfie of Bella with Michael?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. I know where the “Subscribe” feature is on my MacBook. I have no clue where it might be using my iPhone?  Suggestions 

I didn’t see this answered, so here goes. 

Scroll to the bottom of the page on an iPhone, and there should be a follow button. Click it (May take a couple clicks), and it will let you select your notifications, and then click the second “follow” button

626098FD-8F8D-4456-ADCB-98ACE98BF4B4.thumb.jpeg.d378a67855401d4d22d97f899a33224f.jpeg

I know, this example is for a different thread, but you get the idea. 

Now back to John’s regular programming😁

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm looking forward to Hooked, El Loco Fresh and the Solarium Pool.

I also understand the Flight show and Ice Skate show are fabulous

The ice show is, indeed, fabulous. Make sure you try to catch the formal one (1977) and the informal one (iSkate 2.0). Also do give El Loco Fresh a chance for breakfast as well as lunch. The mushroom quesadilla I had for breakfast one morning was quite tasty.

• Thanks 1

We were away this afternoon with Bell's co-parents. Linda and Jerry,  AKA Larry.

Board games and pizza. That's how we roll on the beach. 

20191024_202601.thumb.jpg.713e15d7371f5555c59b52f4130a9ebf.jpg

We've also started negotiating our 2020 cruise schedule. We may be landlocked mid September to mid October again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Domino D said:

image.png.c40580160e2078a26a18cadb55a4920f.png

John not sure of the scale.  Can't really claim I know what it look like at that distance.  Unlike some people (ahem), I don't live by the sea.  Sitting at the airport, and thought I'd give it a shot for you.  According to google images, that is the Harmony, but once I shrunk it down, you can't really tell.  Hopefully, someone will get you a better one.  Have a great cruise.  Do you want a selfie of Bella with Michael?

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks for all the attempts on my photoshop request. I probably should have provided a reference point. This is Mariner about 6 miles out. And she's headed in the right direction Dani.

So you want me to make it bigger??

Hall and Oates controversy

Last year we had two headliners, Michael Bolton and Billy Ocean.  Quite truthfully, I wasn't that interested in either of them.

This year we also have two, Daryl Hall and John Oates. 

FB_IMG_1569504750933.thumb.jpg.56b8e75f3bec450e1a66f24a8c17a40f.jpg

Wait a minute, something seems fishy. Aren't they one act🤔 The 'duo' has 6 number 1 songs, which is probably 6 more than Bolton and Ocean combined. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them.

But that's not the controversy. The controversy started when Royal announced they would perform one show in the Aqua Theater. Probably to coincide with fireworks show on Coco Cay. The Aqua Theater only holds 600 - 700 VIP's, tickets would be distributed and 5,400 folks would be out of luck. It got ugly on social media.  Eventually it got moved to the Main Theater, like Michael Bolton last year. Simulcast thru ought the ship. Now only 4,600 are missing it. 😉

I would have enjoyed it in the Aqua Theater. 😎 But i'm glad more folks get the opportunity to enjoy it live.

Edited by John&LaLa