Cruise Critic Community
sid_9169

Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

I just now popped by the cabin, and the door was open, so I figured the guy was cleaning now. I looked in, and there were two other gentlemen. Three stripe officers in their full dress blues. I knew that I hadn't done anything wrong, other than my failed attempt to get into the Haven the other night. He said that they were just inspecting all the cabins, and proceeded down to the next one...

Maybe they were just looking for the key card you “lost”. (Left on the bed?)

uh oh....

I can’t believe you touched that chandelier monstrosity, found it to be plastic bubble wrap and they still haven’t removed it. 

stellar review so far, as usual, sid.

thanks for taking us along 🍸

food, drink and island p0rn have been amazing. Enjoy!!!

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just now popped by the cabin, and the door was open, so I figured the guy was cleaning now. I looked in, and there were two other gentlemen. Three stripe officers in their full dress blues. I knew that I hadn't done anything wrong, other than my failed attempt to get into the Haven the other night. He said that they were just inspecting all the cabins, and proceeded down to the next one...

Huh? Never had that happen. Drug search?? Stowaway? Weird.  BTW great score on the Veuve! Nice. Keep up the great review 💜🍾🥂

8 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

That beach looks pretty rocky.  Did you have trouble getting in and out?

That wasn't the beach, just part of the inlet nearby...

I don't buy the "cabin inspection" story one bit.  They executed a search warrant for photographic evidence of the dirty toe whistleblower.  

Coming out of lurking to say I now have plans for St. Thomas when I sail the Epic over Christmas.  Taco Chelles. Already investigating the dollar buses and seeing what I could arrange and do in addition to have to try the tacos. 

Enjoyed following your adventure all the way across St. Thomas. The tacos all looked great, as did your Mexican dinner. Drooling (though not on a public OL pillow)! Thanks again for taking us with you on this trip 🙂

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Current situation: table side guacamole...

IMG_20191204_172051.thumb.jpg.223ab39670a1f8f1175ef602c615cbf9.jpg

And, a spicy margarita with Don Julio...

IMG_20191204_171818.jpg

Sid I owe you (or my company will blame you!) for all the Don Julio posts.  My mouth has been watering since you boarded... and I had to have 2 at the Christmas party tonight!  

No toasts for me - just toasted! And ready to get on a ship and day drink in the sun!!  

New favorite thing to do, live vicariously through Sid's great adventure on the Encore!

I have only had a food coma once in my life, and it was from Los Lobos. Your pictures reminded me how amazing it is. And those spicy rums on the margaritas - takes me right back.

11 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Hmmmmm......🤔

After only ten hours of sleep, I'm up and at em this morning in beautiful Tortola... It's safe to say that I'm getting my fair share of sleep, and then some...

I have the Escape to Jost van Dyke coming up in a few hours on the Rebel Yell catamaran... The ship looks strangely abandoned this morning, or maybe it's like this every day while I'm still sleeping...

IMG_20191205_064745.thumb.jpg.310805e3ec0d644cc7a18ff9e835f078.jpg

IMG_20191205_064753.thumb.jpg.24add3909d0b01915bdd4d1fa58d6814.jpg

IMG_20191205_064803.jpg

This is what the pool deck looks like without all the people and chogging towels...

IMG_20191205_065944.thumb.jpg.cbabfdb588202b2f0d17c3018096cc71.jpg

IMG_20191205_065934.thumb.jpg.9ed486a921ca305fdf5345c293800501.jpg

And, there was nary a single chog in sight...

IMG_20191205_070151.jpg

Just looked at the Soggy Dollar Bar webcam. Looks like a small cruise ship just anchored. Should be full of action today.

31 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

After only ten hours of sleep, I'm up and at em this morning in beautiful Tortola... It's safe to say that I'm getting my fair share of sleep, and then some...

I have the Escape to Jost van Dyke coming up in a few hours on the Rebel Yell catamaran... The ship looks strangely abandoned this morning, or maybe it's like this every day while I'm still sleeping...

IMG_20191205_064745.thumb.jpg.310805e3ec0d644cc7a18ff9e835f078.jpg

IMG_20191205_064753.thumb.jpg.24add3909d0b01915bdd4d1fa58d6814.jpg

IMG_20191205_064803.jpg

I am always up and out by 6am, and my ships always look deserted as well. It’s the best time of day to get my daily walk in without the crowds in the way. Then I hit up the coffee bar, and bring coffee back to cabin for the hubby and me, before heading out to breakfast. 😎

Stocking up on supplies for today's adventure in Tortola... Internet working really good right now at Vibe.

IMG_20191205_074638.jpg

I'm going to let "C" use my free bag of platinum laundry. I have enough stuff left to go for another week...

IMG_20191205_080803.jpg