Let's Talk Pinnacle

My husband and I will be reaching Pinnacle status very soon.  I have a few questions and appreciate any and all help with answering my questions.  I will be reaching "P" on a sailing without my husband.  We plan on celebrating it on the next cruise so we can celebrate together but I have some questions in regards to that.  

1.  When do you start receiving the benefits of Pinnacle Status (gold card, internet, Pinnacle meal?).
2.  How long does it take to get our gold name tags?
3.  Should I discuss the delayed ceremony with the LA on board with both the LA from the ship I am going to officially make it on and the LA on the ship that we would like to do the ceremony on?   
4.  When sailing on the Anthem as a Pinnacle, can you bring one guest with you to the coastal kitchen in the evening? Or is that no longer allowed?

Thank you so much! 

Edited by Colorado Babe
  • Like 1

1.  We were recognized with a photo at the top tier party on the Allure but did not receive benefits until the next cruise.  Luckily, we planned those two cruises as a b2b.  

2.  Gold pins came about 6 weeks later.  The stratum arrived about 3 weeks after our top tier recognition.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Babe said:

3.  Should I discuss the delayed ceremony with the LA on board with both the LA from the ship I am going to officially make it on and the LA on the ship that we would like to do the ceremony on?   ...

Sure, I would think the LA would be amenable to this delay.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

My husband and I will be reaching Pinnacle status very soon.  I have a few questions and appreciate any and all help with answering my questions.  I will be reaching "P" on a sailing without my husband.  We plan on celebrating it on the next cruise so we can celebrate together but I have some questions in regards to that.  

1.  When do you start receiving the benefits of Pinnacle Status (gold card, internet, Pinnacle meal?).
2.  How long does it take to get our gold name tags?
3.  Should I discuss the delayed ceremony with the LA on board with both the LA from the ship I am going to officially make it on and the LA on the ship that we would like to do the ceremony on?   
4.  When sailing on the Anthem as a Pinnacle, can you bring one guest with you to the coastal kitchen in the evening? Or is that no longer allowed?

Thank you so much! 

Bernadette, you may want to check out this Forum:

41 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Does anyone who just sailed on the Anthem know if the rule has been changed for CK?  this maybe a problem as our 82 year old friend will be sailing with us and this is her first cruise on RC! 

On 12/28/2019 at 4:41 AM, WeMissSeaView said:

I was on the December 1 sailing, and CK had received new rules from Miami that they had to follow.

If the new rules were issued from Head office this will apply fleetwide, if the staff at CK will make an exception this is at their own risk and if it gets to head office this will not be good to them. Hence if you get a no, this will need to be accepted and is not against you, it's for the staff member not to put his job at risk.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

If the new rules were issued from Head office this will apply fleetwide, if the staff at CK will make an exception this is at their own risk and if it gets to head office this will not be good to them. Hence if you get a no, this will need to be accepted and is not against you, it's for the staff member not to put his job at risk.

Ships routinely override corporate policies. Look at dining packages for example.   No one will get in trouble for allowing an illegible patron to visit CK one a case by case basis.  Ships have the final say, not corporate.  Corporate just provides guidelines.  

• Like 1

I made Pinnacle in September on a Grandeur.  No extra benefits nor an invite to Pinnacle meal with an Officer.  No big deal.  In November 2 couples made Pinnacle and they we not at the finer meal.

Anthem in October allowed me to bring my son to CK but that may have changed from reading other posts.  Katherine

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 10:41 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

I was on the December 1 sailing, and CK had received new rules from Miami that they had to follow.

New rules from Miami is often a convenient excuse that absolves the ship's staff from being the bad guy😉

In my opinion 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone who just sailed on the Anthem know if the rule has been changed for CK?  this maybe a problem as our 82 year old friend will be sailing with us and this is her first cruise on RC! 

Are you on one of those 2020 voyages where the D+ are booted out of CL?

It is my understanding that you may bring a guest one time during your typical seven night cruise.  

When we have access to coastal kitchen, but our cruising  family/friends  do not, we skip coastal kitchen and dine with them most evenings.  You are not required to dine in coastal kitchen. 

I don’t know the rules for breakfast and lunch, as we have never asked to bring a guest during those meals.  A couple cruises ago, on harmony, we asked to bring a guest for dinner.  Our request was granted but we were told it was only permitted one time during the cruise. 

hope it works out 

enjoy 

Edited by cruisegirl1

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t know the rules for breakfast and lunch, as we have never asked to bring a guest during those meals.  ...

We've been told no guests for breakfast and lunch.

45 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is my understanding that you may bring a guest one time during your typical seven night cruise.  

When we have access to coastal kitchen, but our cruising  family/friends  do not, we skip coastal kitchen and dine with them most evenings.  You are not required to dine in coastal kitchen. 

I don’t know the rules for breakfast and lunch, as we have never asked to bring a guest during those meals.  A couple cruises ago, on harmony, we asked to bring a guest for dinner.  Our request was granted but we were told it was only permitted one time during the cruise. 

hope it works out 

enjoy 

I would think that on a Transatlantic there would not be room to bring a guest for dinner but I am crossing my fingers.