Jump to content

Any Great Deals Found Today?


Recommended Posts

"Double Savings" promo ends tomorrow 1/8 and 1/9 starts the "It's all included 4 perks" starts.  The new promo says it will apply to cruises through 5/2022.

 

Double Savings is supposed to return on Jan 22 and will apply to cruises through 5/2022 as well.

 

All of these are for NRD only.

 

This info is from a flyer posted to CC about a month ago.

Edited by wrk2cruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, taylortime05 said:

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with Celebrity or a TA?

 

Great deals come up all the time but they don't last long. For example last year we booked an aqua class room on a Connie Med cruise with classic beverage package and grats included for £128 ($168) per person per night after a price drop. There were six aqua cabins available when I saw the offer. Within 24 hours all had gone. 

Understand there are many well heeled, retired people searching daily for deals, so when you do see them you need to pick up the phone there and then and book IMHO. 

The very best deals are the block bookings held by the big box US TA's that are sold off close to or after final payment date. They can be significantly below the price of booking with Celebrity direct. 

So in short, you need to check very regularly if you want to score the very best deals. On a per person per night basis last minute Caribbean, Asian and Australiasian deals tend to be the best value as far as Celebrity are concerned. You just need to factor in air costs as sometimes the savings can be offset by last minute flights. But not always! Last minute Caribbean sailings in early december are probably the cheapest cruise deals of all. Last month MSC had seven night sailings onboard Seaside in balcony rooms for just £280 ($367) before port fees and taxes! I know MSC are not in the same league as Celebrity but at $53 per person per night for a balcony it's very good value!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked many cruises last minute (within final payment), but not recently. It doesn't always work out, especially if you have to fly. For example, a couple of weeks ago I found a deal on the Reflection leaving this March 23, in a S1 Sky Suite. It was an 11 day Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Price was just about $250 p.p. per day and included all four perks as well as all taxes and fee. The problem was airfare.  being 6'4", and a little chunky, I won't fly coach, it's either exit row or premium economy. The best price I could find, for these seats was just under $1,000 p.p. from Phoenix. We went to Miami, in October, for a little over $600 per person, round trip.

This didn't seem to be a problem when we used to book transatlantics a month or two before sailing. The last time being several years ago and we paid $625 p.p., Comfort Plus on Delta, from Copenhagen to Phoenix. That's probably changed now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, taylortime05 said:

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with Celebrity or a TA?

 

Would people consider a 14 night S class cruise in an aqua class room with classic beverage package, gratuities priced at £131 ($172) per person per night with a token $200 OBC included a good deal? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

 

Would people consider a 14 night S class cruise in an aqua class room with classic beverage package, gratuities priced at £131 ($172) per person per night with a token $200 OBC included a good deal? 

No!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

 

Just out of interest, what would you consider a great deal?

I think that is in the eye of the beholder. Obviously, you book with what you are comfortable with paying. I'm booked in a Concierge class, aft balcony with $300 obc, drinks and tips. It is way over my usual budget of $100 per person per day but thi sis a special cruise for us. We paid $2200 for a 7 night cruise. After I factored in the obc, the alcohol and the aft balcolny room, it was worth it to me. 

 

Our friends are doing the same cruise in aqua with 3 perks and got theirs for $2290.

 

Its only a good/bad deal to the person who's paying lol!

 

Enjoy your cruise! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boontj2003 said:

I think that is in the eye of the beholder. Obviously, you book with what you are comfortable with paying. I'm booked in a Concierge class, aft balcony with $300 obc, drinks and tips. It is way over my usual budget of $100 per person per day but thi sis a special cruise for us. We paid $2200 for a 7 night cruise. After I factored in the obc, the alcohol and the aft balcolny room, it was worth it to me. 

 

Our friends are doing the same cruise in aqua with 3 perks and got theirs for $2290.

 

Its only a good/bad deal to the person who's paying lol!

 

Enjoy your cruise! 

 

 

It is definitely in the eye of the beholder! People place value on things important to them after all. 

It's a challenge to find aqua class balconies with included gratuities and drinks for just £131 pppn though. On the same sailing a regular verandah also with drinks gratuities and $200 OBC is just £95 pppn. To me that is a good deal especially with some of the recent Celebrity pricing I've seen. It's not in the Caribbean either which is where you seem to find the cheapest cruising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked Alaska Eclipse 9 night May 7 2021 with Celebrity in December 1b 4500 with 1 perk.  Moved it over to my TA and decided to drop it to no perks $3700 but TA was giving $300.  Yesterday, TA was able to get 3 perks plus his $300 for the same $3700 rate refundable deposit.  Just went on Celebrity website for the same thing minus the $300 from the TA would cost me $4900. Crazy.  I think I got a great deal but will keep checking daily for the next year:).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 10:54 AM, gogiantsfan29 said:

I booked Alaska Eclipse 9 night May 7 2021 with Celebrity in December 1b 4500 with 1 perk.  Moved it over to my TA and decided to drop it to no perks $3700 but TA was giving $300.  Yesterday, TA was able to get 3 perks plus his $300 for the same $3700 rate refundable deposit.  Just went on Celebrity website for the same thing minus the $300 from the TA would cost me $4900. Crazy.  I think I got a great deal but will keep checking daily for the next year:).

Can you give hint at TA?  I looked on TA Online associated  with this site and it was 4900x

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Can you give hint at TA?  I looked on TA Online associated  with this site and it was 4900x

Hi,

The fare I got is also refundable.  I used the same TA for a Norwegian Cruise back in May and got an crazy deal then.  Not sure what the rules are for posting the name? is there a way for you to message me?  The first world of the TA is the same as as what a king wears on his head.. Can i post that.. lol?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, taylortime05 said:

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with Celebrity or a TA?

 

Of course you could shop the current week's Exciting Deals.  Then there is of course, next week's Exciting Deals that will come out this Tuesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

 

Of course you could shop the current week's Exciting Deals.  Then there is of course, next week's Exciting Deals that will come out this Tuesday.

I wish I could take advantage of last minute deals but we are still working so not that flexible.  Also, I’m looking for deals in 2021 because I have my first 2 grandbabies coming in Mar and May and I need to save my vacation in 2020 to help with the babies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am disappointed that I can't find any deals in 2021 or 2022.  I have 2 cruises I booked on board in Dec and I wanted to find a great deal and transfer to a TA to get extra OBC.  I did this last year around same time and found some good prices with group rates with our TA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to really look for good deals.  I did not see as many in 2021 but found a few e on the Apex in 2022 for a suite.    In Jan 2022, there was a 7 night sailing on the Apex for $2099 pp in a S3 (4 perks included).  The sale only lasted a few hours.  A 7 night on Apex was less expensive than a 6 night on Equinox.  I also found a S2 on the Infinity in Feb 2022 for $999 pp (4 perks included).  These were all non refundable fares.   I noticed most of the pricing changes happen for a few hours when one "sale" ends and another "sale" begins. 

 

Why do people book a refundable fare?  There was a signifiant price (approx $1000 - $1500) difference between the two fares on the cruises I booked.  I wouldn't think anyone would pay an extra $1k  to get a deposit back.  If the plan is to transfer to the non refundable fare later you are then booking at the current rate, which may be higher than when you booked.  If this is the case, you did not gain anything by booking the refundable fare.   You could have waited to put down a deposit and got the same current pricing.  The only time I can see that a refundable fare makes sense is when there are a few rooms left or you want a specific cabin otherwise I don't get it.  What am I missing??  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 12:10 AM, crusinthrough said:

I also found a S2 on the Infinity in Feb 2022 for $999 pp (4 perks included).  These were all non refundable fares.

We did this one as a b2b. Last week I noticed the fare went down to $699 with $400 obc so had our price adjusted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, taylortime05 said:

Can you share any great deals you found?   What ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, cost and perks?   Was it with Celebrity or a TA?

 

Cruises to Asia are great deals today.   Lots to choose from.   You  decide.

Enjoy whatever cruise you decide to book.

Edited by Justalone
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 7:36 AM, Moby Jones said:

 

Just out of interest, what would you consider a great deal?

April of 2021...16 nights on the Reflection from Florida to Amsterdam for $735pp.

 

I absolutely LOVE reading threads by people complaining about high prices.

Edited by teecee60
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

We did this one as a b2b. Last week I noticed the fare went down to $699 with $400 obc so had our price adjusted.

 I had the b2b but thought the 2 day wasn't a good deal.  Perhaps it will go down.  

 

I missed the $699 sale.  I wasn't checking prices because I thought $999 was a good deal.  I now have to add it to my list of dates to check but I noticed the fare has gone up so it may not go down that far again but you never know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...