Where is Pam from California

habita

That makes three of us. So far.

IMO Pam always posts something helpful and never just responds to up her post count. 

I was happy to see her on the boards yesterday.

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 1

That is so funny you mention that.  I just was saying that same thing to my DH yesterday and then I came across one of her posts just yesterday.  YAY!!  We call her Princess Pam ... I sure don't mean this to sound disrespectful to her in the very least.  It's just that she knows more about Princess and cruising than those that work for the cruiselines.  She is a wealth of knowledge and always willing to share her experiences.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Whatever happened to Toto, haven't seen her post in a long time.

We did a 28 day round trip LA to the south pacific with Toto back in 2011.  She was very helpful in arranging many tours and organizing the roll call.  Unfortunately she was hounded the whole cruise by people who thought she should be the point person for everything they did the entire cruise.  If things weren’t going right they blamed her.  It was really bad.  As a result she gave up CC as well as cruising all together!  My sister still keeps in touch.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

We did a 28 day round trip LA to the south pacific with Toto back in 2011.  She was very helpful in arranging many tours and organizing the roll call.  Unfortunately she was hounded the whole cruise by people who thought she should be the point person for everything they did the entire cruise.  If things weren’t going right they blamed her.  It was really bad.  As a result she gave up CC as well as cruising all together!  My sister still keeps in touch.

Yikes.  That's a shame.

26 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Holy smokes, I knew she gave up CC but not cruising completely.  That's sad

Pam is my neighbor-Lives just down the hill from me. we met here on CC! I agree with everyone--she's a wonderful lady, who has always struck me with her informed, measured responses to some of the crazy threads that show up on these boards. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the very kind words and thoughts. I’m alive and well... just busy and not spending as much time on CC. I’m now President of a women’s service organization which has kept me on my toes.

So many of you give such great answers to questions that I don’t feel the need to add to them. I prefer to provide additional information where I can. 

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year. I’m off on the Sky in about three weeks with a group of friends. 🙂 

As for Toto, she’s well, too. One of the reasons she left cruising (besides being hounded on that last cruise) was to spend more time with her husband and family, and to care for their farm and rental properties. He’s had some issues related to aging (which happens to us all) that’s made cruising and being with people more difficult. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

I used to arrange travel for a group of people ... for nothing!!  Wow ... I was so discouraged by their behavior so I just stopped due to a complete and total lack of appreciation.  If Princess changed a policy, even on the sly (like allow you to just pay the upcharge for a drink over the limit of the beverage package), I never heard the end of it.  And then, it was expected that I arrange all the transportation, lodging (if applicable), excursions, etc ...all at the best prices.  So, I completely understand she just backed off.  I just never share my itineraries with anyone anymore unless the cruise is sold out.  hahaha!!  

There is a disclaimer if and when I invite anyone onto a sailing we have booked ...

- if you get sea sick, it's not my fault

- if your room is noisy, it's not my fault 

- if you have food allergies, it's not my fault

- if you don't enjoy the shows, it's not my fault

- if the weather is bad, the seas are rough, it's not my fault

- if you brought shoes that don't fit, it's not my fault 

- if you found a place where you saved $10, good for you ... I don't need to know 

- if you ... well, you get the point ... 😉 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Pam, when I started  cruising with Princess  and reading Cruise Critic Ì quickly  became a big fan of your postings. Now I'm an Elite  but the information  you have provided  to everyone reading your posts has made our cruising so much more enjoyable . Thanks 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

Thank you all for the very kind words and thoughts. I’m alive and well... just busy and not spending as much time on CC. I’m now President of a women’s service organization which has kept me on my toes.

So many of you give such great answers to questions that I don’t feel the need to add to them. I prefer to provide additional information where I can. 

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year. I’m off on the Sky in about three weeks with a group of friends. 🙂 

As for Toto, she’s well, too. One of the reasons she left cruising (besides being hounded on that last cruise) was to spend more time with her husband and family, and to care for their farm and rental properties. He’s had some issues related to aging (which happens to us all) that’s made cruising and being with people more difficult. 

Pam,  Glad to see your post and all is okay.  I am sure you are going like  the Sky. I was on the  b2b  Inaugurals to the U.S.

Between the 2 cruises they had the naming ceremony and Gala luncheon.They also introduced the new Captain. They had VIP's,media , travel agents and  cruisers. They put the names of the b2b cruisers in a lottery and luckily 4 friends and myself were picked. It was a beautiful, classy event.I think you are going to like  the ship.

I never liked the fountains on the Lido on the Royal  and Regal. It was wasted space. The fountains were useless at night. Between the moving ship and the wind, they were rarely even on. Having the two pools in the middle was much improved.

Captain Tuvo is wonderful. He is very visible and attentive to all details. I bumped into him many times.

Enjoy your cruise !

Sali