How is debarkation?

mom23guys

Honestly, it depends. I've sailed the Liberty twice. Nothing sticks out too much. There's always going to be a bunch of people in a hurry, not listening, not respectful of others, etc. I always like to give myself a buffer if possible. If you're in a hurry and on a tight schedule, stress is more likely. If you're just going with the flow, there is less problem. I like getting off as late as possible, when I can. It is always a sad day when I have to leave the ship.

It depends if you're doing self assist or checked luggage. If you do self assist, you should go after the diamond and platinums. If you checked your luggage, you'll have zone 1, which will be after all the self assist. When the zone 1 luggage has been taken off the ship and is in the terminal, then you will be called. This was the order on Liberty in November, And we also did a back to back on her in December. 

Both times we did self assist, was our first time doing that, only because on a 4 day it's easy to pack light! We are platinum so we're among the first off in November. We were actually driving out of the parking lot at 7:15. The December back to back we were off and driving out at 7:30.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional information.

1 hour ago, Bostwick girl said:

It depends if you're doing self assist or checked luggage. If you do self assist, you should go after the diamond and platinums. If you checked your luggage, you'll have zone 1, which will be after all the self assist. When the zone 1 luggage has been taken off the ship and is in the terminal, then you will be called. This was the order on Liberty in November, And we also did a back to back on her in December. 

Both times we did self assist, was our first time doing that, only because on a 4 day it's easy to pack light! We are platinum so we're among the first off in November. We were actually driving out of the parking lot at 7:15. The December back to back we were off and driving out at 7:30.

Great thank you.Since you were recently on the Liberty, how dressy is formal night? Does hubby need a suit?Sport jacket, or will shirt and tie suffice.

26 minutes ago, mom23guys said:

Great thank you.Since you were recently on the Liberty, how dressy is formal night? Does hubby need a suit?Sport jacket, or will shirt and tie suffice.

Suits are slightly preferred.  I saw many men in suits on my last cruise.  But dark slacks and a dress shirt with a tie are just as good.  Your husband will not stick out or look underdressed.

• Like 1

As all the above posters have said, nice shirt and slacks are fine. There are a few who dressed in suits, but not many. My DH actually wore a nice collared pullover and dark pants. We actually saw a couple come in on elegant night with shorts and tee shirts and they were not turned away. The ladies in my group usually wear nice dressy blouses and slacks. You do still see a few cocktail type dresses as well.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional info.

18 minutes ago, coevan said:

By whom? Suits are rare these days

Preferred in terms of elegance.  I'm aware that formal night is very much "you do you", as long as you're within the guidelines, and even that part is poorly enforced.  I saw quite a few suits, actually.  More than half the men at my table wore them.  (Then again, they might have been sport coats.)  But West Coast cruises tend to attract locals who drive to the port, and aren't subject to weight limits like flyers.  And suits are heavy.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 1

I think for the 3-4 day cruise people don't dress up as much. For us locals we like to pack light on these cruises. As long as you dress like others said you will be fine. My husband was wondering the same thing, we normally do dress up for 7 day cruises but not the shorter ones. I think we both will still to nice dress paints and dress tops, so we can pack light. 

• Like 1

Great. Black slacks, dress shirt and tie it is. Just didn't want a lot of extra clothes since we will be coming from the NE and will need winter clothes to come and go home. I usually bring a few slinky top and  dressier pants for dinner. 

• Like 1

we did Port Canaveral last week. we did self debarkation. now we were on deck one. so we had to take our luggage to either deck 5 or 10 before they called our deck . then when they called our deck we made our to the deck 3. not perfect but not bad either. carnival and the port were great. 

On 1/3/2020 at 12:51 PM, mom23guys said:

We are taking a short cruise on Carnival Liberty. How is getting off the ship in Port Canaveral. We are in an Ocean Suite if that makes a difference. Haven't taken a Carnival cruise in years.

You'll have luggage tags for group 2 because you're in a suite.  We just got off the ship in FLL, and they did a good job controlling how many people got off at once so there was no logjam. 

On 1/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Suits are slightly preferred.  I saw many men in suits on my last cruise.  But dark slacks and a dress shirt with a tie are just as good.  Your husband will not stick out or look underdressed.

What cruise line are you talking about?  I cruise on Carnival all the time and every cruise a small minority of men at the most wear suits on elegant night. This is the same no matter what ship you are on. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What cruise line are you talking about?  I cruise on Carnival all the time and every cruise a small minority of men at the most wear suits on elegant night. This is the same no matter what ship you are on. 

Believe it or not, it was Carnival.  I didn't say all or even most men wore suits; I just said I saw lots who did.  Which could be quite small in proportion to the total passenger count.  Most men wore dress shirts, with or without a tie.