New personaliser what is your view

Two 2 Tango

I've just logged in for the first time on the new CP - what a mess compared to the old one.  I think I've successfully put in all our details plus daughter's address, goodness knows what for.  Apologies if this has been asked before but does anywhere on it show your cabin number as it used to do?  I did eventually find the page for excursions and it says they are not available yet - July Norway/Iceland.  A couple of times I couldn't seem to go back without  going out of the whole thing and then I had to log back in again.  It seems as though instead of being business like which I think the previous one was, this one is full of large pictures trying to persuade you to buy things - what a surprise.  

I also managed to log into my P&O account which has amazingly all our previous cruises listed.  It has our Norway cruise there as our next cruise and it has the one we have booked to the Canaries in September but doesn't say on which ship!  Still it sounds as if I've managed to do more than some people.

Hi Annieuk no the new one doesn't seem to show the cabin number guess you will be able to see it when you print your eticket a out . As it stands we dont go till june everything was loaded onto old personeliser and like many others have managed to get as far as yourself . Every day we hear of things not right with the new personeliser ?so fingers crossed when you do the eticket print out things will be correct 

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Just been looking at speciality restaurants on Iona (Epicurian, Sindhu, Limelight etc) for cruise in May and CP won’t allow reservation because it say reservations are not required. Crazy!

That's odd, as a couple of weeks ago I was able successfully to make a reservation for Sindhu for my cruise on Aurora in March.

12 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

That's odd, as a couple of weeks ago I was able successfully to make a reservation for Sindhu for my cruise on Aurora in March.

I’m quite sure that your experience is the norm. I cannot imagine the queues to book onboard or people just turning up expecting to be seated are what P& O want, especially at the Limelight club where everybody eats at the same time. I suspect bookings are not open yet but this is not what CP says. Misleading for new cruisers though. 

The CP is now showing menus for all the restaurants on board Iona but I agree it doesn't seem to want to reserve any. I suspect that it's an Iona specific problem. 

Its a vast improvement on the last time I logged in. Its now showing the right room category and has a load of information about Iona that I hadn't come across before. That being said its still clearly not finished. Certian menus linked up incorrectly and information about the spa is just placeholders. Just not sure in why they made the switch when it clearly wasn't ready.

Just had another look around the new cruise personeliser.  Made a change to my address as it showed S.Humberside .Changed it to N.Lincolnshire then it said invalid clicked on post code and saved it.It has now changed it correctly then I noticed the option of the cruise booklet excursions appeared again .So if you make any changes it shows you the last option again before you make the save . But if you look again it is hidden. So that how it works on that bit if you understand my ramblings. 

I found it fascinating how it kept changing the next of kin on passenger 2, to that of passenger 1, despite the apply to all passengers not being selected.  Then of course when you changed it back it switched passenger 1 to that of passenger 2.

I almost gave up, but then it must have read my mind and I found it had done it correctly, maybe this was after 3 changes I don't really know, having almost lost the will to live.

On 1/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, pete14 said:

Just been looking at speciality restaurants on Iona (Epicurian, Sindhu, Limelight etc) for cruise in May and CP won’t allow reservation because it say reservations are not required. Crazy!

I’m on Britannia in April and mine says the same!! well past the 90 days too.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, Showingthatgame said:

The CP is now showing menus for all the restaurants on board Iona but I agree it doesn't seem to want to reserve any. I suspect that it's an Iona specific problem. 

Its a vast improvement on the last time I logged in. Its now showing the right room category and has a load of information about Iona that I hadn't come across before. That being said its still clearly not finished. Certian menus linked up incorrectly and information about the spa is just placeholders. Just not sure in why they made the switch when it clearly wasn't ready.

Not Iona specific I’m afraid, I am on Britannia in less than 80 days and mine says the same even for the Limelight!

• 2 weeks later...

As reported earlier in the thread we have had a lot of problems with the new CP and now have another.

Although we had the box checked to get the Holiday Information booklet in the post we have not received it and we go in 20 days. Phoned today to check and was told that we didn't receive it because of a computer glitch with the new CP and we cannot have one now as they cannot issue them nearer then 21 days before the cruise. Words fail me - wish I'd phoned yesterday, have to print the luggage labels now, which was the only reason I wanted the booklet.

11 hours ago, bee-ess said:

As reported earlier in the thread we have had a lot of problems with the new CP and now have another.

Although we had the box checked to get the Holiday Information booklet in the post we have not received it and we go in 20 days. Phoned today to check and was told that we didn't receive it because of a computer glitch with the new CP and we cannot have one now as they cannot issue them nearer then 21 days before the cruise. Words fail me - wish I'd phoned yesterday, have to print the luggage labels now, which was the only reason I wanted the booklet.

Thanks for posting this, it saves me calling them because we have not received ours.  I like to get the Holiday Information booklet because I like to use it to plan our shore days before we go.

I actually printed our labels before we went away last week because after all of the problems over the last few months with the P&O website I decided to err on the side of caution and print them while I could.

Are you on Oceana on 23rd ?

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks for posting this, it saves me calling them because we have not received ours.  I like to get the Holiday Information booklet because I like to use it to plan our shore days before we go.

I actually printed our labels before we went away last week because after all of the problems over the last few months with the P&O website I decided to err on the side of caution and print them while I could.

Are you on Oceana on 23rd ?

Yes we are - booked on day 1 as a real cheapie when the Dubai ones were cancelled.