Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

Live Again from Oasis 1/12/2020 - No Dawgs, lots of CATS🐯

Recommended Posts

Curious John, if Cats were to start performing on Carnival would you book it to see it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe your week is up. I hope it was a great cruise for you and that you enjoyed the new "stuff"on the ship. 

Enjoy your next cruise on the Mariner.

 

I look forward to your cruise compasses from this cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

 

Enjoy your second viewing🐱

 

And now it's my third

Look who I found😁

20200118_194105.thumb.jpg.e920cbf0af38936869a9252d74014df6.jpg

 

Front and center. Brought the wide angle tonight.

20200118_194327.thumb.jpg.7fab594501336c78ac90f5fd92480710.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying the thread - we were on Oasis for the noro-cruise last January, so nice to see some areas we didn`t make it to, plus the changes.

 

The explanation I`ve heard about Studio B is that the theatre is "Studio" A and the ice rink is B.  Not saying it makes total sense, just what I had heard at one point.

 

Where is the comedy show now? Looked to be held in a cave somewhere. Kinda cheesy with the fabric backdrop IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John,  I have a few questions about Coastal Kitchen.

  Can you make reservations for dinner in advance?

   If not, do you need to go to CK after you board to make them?

   Is it true they limit you how many nights you can eat there?

 

We are on Oasis when it comes to NJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John, I went back and looked again at the cast members. I didn’t see Grizabella. 

I enjoyed reading the bios and 10 minutes realized she was missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, John&LaLa said:

830134714_countdown1.thumb.JPG.d39161d60711293b612497f2b4c68c06.JPG

 

 

Cute thread title -- thanks for explanation.

 

My question for you....who is the Activity Manager on board?  Super Thanks.  I keep a list on Cruise Critic and updating it takes help from cruisers who are sailing on the ships.  Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

John, I went back and looked again at the cast members. I didn’t see Grizabella. 

I enjoyed reading the bios and 10 minutes realized she was missing. 

 

Thanks, Robyn Tempest

20200118_061837.jpg.20d87fe2a0d0860be40f27eeda636614.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cruzingduo said:

John,  I have a few questions about Coastal Kitchen.

  Can you make reservations for dinner in advance?

   If not, do you need to go to CK after you board to make them?

   Is it true they limit you how many nights you can eat there?

 

We are on Oasis when it comes to NJ.

 

If you are in a GS or better, you can mske reservations in advance. Look for a letter from concierge the week before you sail. 

 

If Pinnacle or JS, you can make them after boarding.  Do it early on first day. 

 

There should not be a limit, but times do fill up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canadian Tyler said:

Enjoying the thread - we were on Oasis for the noro-cruise last January, so nice to see some areas we didn`t make it to, plus the changes.

 

The explanation I`ve heard about Studio B is that the theatre is "Studio" A and the ice rink is B.  Not saying it makes total sense, just what I had heard at one point.

 

Where is the comedy show now? Looked to be held in a cave somewhere. Kinda cheesy with the fabric backdrop IMO.

 

It's in Blaze, they built a permanent stage, but the design was bad, so they set up a temp stage on the old dance floor.

 

Interesting explanation on Studio B

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Cute thread title -- thanks for explanation.

 

My question for you....who is the Activity Manager on board?  Super Thanks.  I keep a list on Cruise Critic and updating it takes help from cruisers who are sailing on the ships.  Thanks in advance.

It’s Katheryn Falcon...aka Kat.

Cheers!
Joan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks John :)

 

 

If you are in a GS or better, you can mske reservations in advance. Look for a letter from concierge the week before you sail. 

 

If Pinnacle or JS, you can make them after boarding.  Do it early on first day. 

 

There should not be a limit, but times do fill up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Aqua 80's feedback!!!! I will update my son................slackliner & highliner. Safe travels....................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Now slipped to 1030. Weather 

 

We made it home right at 10, around 3 hours.

 

Watched at 10:30, but only heard it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You guys have a safe ride home. Bella awaits you. Launch scheduled now for 10. 

 

Watching daddy check cruise critic

20200119_123239.thumb.jpg.5c563b311c0b8ba5b0eca7cff08d58fa.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Miami.

 

This looks better from our balcony in the morning than it did at night.

20200119_122900.thumb.jpg.4143cfbfd35e7c8da7474c5de5d932c5.jpg

 

Waited at Bionic Bar about 30 minutes to clear customs 

 

Getting a shortcut to the scanners is a nice perk, but I'm sure some of these folks disagree 

20200119_062418.thumb.jpg.baa66ec80234fc6d9acf4575c1209ece.jpg

 

Once we cleared the scanners, around 10 till 7, we were off in 5 minutes. Out of parking garage at 7:05, and to the tunnel at 7:08. Big thumbs up to Terminal A.

 

Passed Ft Lauderdale Airport exit around 20 minutes later, and was back in Cocoa Beach at 10:05. We only made one pit stop at the rest area just past Jupiter.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, James4me said:

Curious John, if Cats were to start performing on Carnival would you book it to see it?  

 

I'm really considering booking Mardi Gras next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You guys have a safe ride home. Bella awaits you. Launch scheduled now for 10. 

 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Now slipped to 1030. Weather 

 

Thanks for posting this.  We were able to watch the livestream since we don't get the NASA channel.  Amazing to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I'm really considering booking Mardi Gras next year.

 

We are thinking about it too.  Looks like a fabulous ship. We'll see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cruzingduo said:

 

Thanks for all your help & another great review.

 

How do I stop cruise critic from notifying me for new posts on this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...