Ji Ji Asian Kitchen on the Vista

bury me at sea

Yep. Did it in September. Definitely worth the $15. Look at the menus on the Hub App and decide what night you want to go vs. MDR. It's a very nice atmosphere with above average food (perhaps not stellar, but very good for the price) and our service was good. 

Food was good. I had duck, Kung POW chicken, couple sides and a crepe desert. I’ll definitely be doing it again on Panorama.

I’ve got pictures and all that towards the end of this Vista Cozumel blog entry:

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-cozumel/

Edited by Saint Greg

We will only cruise on a ship with JiJI Asian Kitchen.  We usually eat there at least twice.  Food and service are amazing. The duck is my favorite appetizer and I love the kung pow chicken.  You will not be disappointed!

Sorry to be the wet blanket here but we were not big fans of Ji Ji's. Food wasn't bad but if I remember correctly the portions were pretty small. I do remember that it was an extremely long process from start to finish. To each there own but id rather spend the money at cucina or the steakhouse. 

Portions are not small, they are set according to your table size.  So if DH and I go, so 2 people, he and I both order appetizer.  Those 2 appetizers are sent to table as a "shared" plate, so enough of each for 2 people.  The main courses are same.  You get a big bowl or plate of each main course, enough for 2 people.  The dessert is the only thing that comes as a single item, and they are appropriate size.  We have eaten there twice and loved it each time, and left full.  Last time our son was with us and he has a special diet (allergy to garlic)... which is part of every dish!  The chef told our waiter which dishes they could make special for him, without garlic, and did that.  He got a special appetizer, and main course..which were both delicious!  The chef then came out to check on him to make sure it was good.  Bravo to Jiji staff and food.

duck appetizer

20190918_180839-L.jpg

pork belly appetizer

20190416_175218-L.jpg

This is an Elegant Asian dinner restaurant, not an all you can eat buffet.  It is rich food, too.  Don't  think that an appetizer, main course, and dessert are something you will eat huge portions.  

7 hours ago, matymil said:

Sorry to be the wet blanket here but we were not big fans of Ji Ji's. Food wasn't bad but if I remember correctly the portions were pretty small. I do remember that it was an extremely long process from start to finish. To each there own but id rather spend the money at cucina or the steakhouse. 

I love noodle dishes at asian restaurants and my experience on cruises has been pretty bad.  Severely overcooked noodles so they are just a bowl of mush with broth.  The upcharge is low so I guess we will try it but I don't go into it thinking it will be great.

2 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

Portions are not small, they are set according to your table size.  So if DH and I go, so 2 people, he and I both order appetizer.  Those 2 appetizers are sent to table as a "shared" plate, so enough of each for 2 people.  The main courses are same.  You get a big bowl or plate of each main course, enough for 2 people.  The dessert is the only thing that comes as a single item, and they are appropriate size.  We have eaten there twice and loved it each time, and left full.  Last time our son was with us and he has a special diet (allergy to garlic)... which is part of every dish!  The chef told our waiter which dishes they could make special for him, without garlic, and did that.  He got a special appetizer, and main course..which were both delicious!  The chef then came out to check on him to make sure it was good.  Bravo to Jiji staff and food.

duck appetizer

20190918_180839-L.jpg

pork belly appetizer

20190416_175218-L.jpg

This is an Elegant Asian dinner restaurant, not an all you can eat buffet.  It is rich food, too.  Don't  think that an appetizer, main course, and dessert are something you will eat huge portions.  

Those both look amazing.  I realize how subjective taste is and truly appreciate every reply.

5 hours ago, Carl Nival said:

Can someone tell me how it's comparable to PF Changs?  

It is way better than PF Chang’s in my opinion, but food is very subjective. For the price, I think JiJis is Carnival’s best speciality restaurant. I would give the Steakhouse the edge as the best speciality restaurant overall, but it costs $38 as opposed to JiJis $15 charge.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

Jiji's was one of the few things I loved about the Vista (Dream class ships remain my favorite).  IMO it's Chef's Table quality Asian food at an amazing price!  

That's the best Carnival related endorsement I can imagine.  The Chef's Table is the highlight of my cruises.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

That's the best Carnival related endorsement I can imagine.  The Chef's Table is the highlight of my cruises.

Same here, LOVE Chef's Table, I've enjoyed it at least half-a-dozen times, they really do a fantastic job!  

44 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

yes.... DH did the creme brulee... he loved it.  

20190918_185018-L.jpg

Son did the wonton

20190918_185015-L.jpg

loved it.

Oh good. Thanks! I need to try one of them next time. I liked the crepe. But I want to try different things. I was just afraid of ending up with a MDR creme brulee or the mongolian wok wontons.