Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Just stumbled across a post of his on another thread. No more Host status attached to his name.

I guess he retired due to lack of pay?

I know, it's off-topic but I didn't know where else to post this.

A big thank you to Bob for his excellent service to Cruise Critic and all the help he has given to us

if he has retired.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2020 at 12:34 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not true. We love CK for breakfast. 

On 1/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, John&LaLa said:

At 7:30🤔

We do, because then we can sit in the pool lounger all day VS hoarding one like some others. Not to mention advanced starts at 8 somedays. It is all about priorities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:05 PM, Lady Hudson said:

Since this thread is about perks I have a question.  Does wearing the P badge really make a difference in how you are treated onboard?  Some folks say yes, some say no.  

S9me of them seta themselves in the CK, at “their table” while others wait for the maître de to seat them. 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, rolloman said:

Awesome...you are a poster boy for RCCL...probably a compensated message board influencer?  I would venture to say for everyone of you there are ten others who are not Giddy about the trend.  I mostly cruise out of Canaveral and FLL and have received the express terminal entrance so...again sorry you missed out.  In reality, it is of minor importance whether is was not a written Crown and Anchor perk, however it is of major importance it did in fact exist and can be easily brought back as a zero cost perk which provides value to their base D+ guests. 

An they be brought back, maybe but I doubt they will be. They have no need too. 

On 1/26/2020 at 3:31 PM, rolloman said:

I agree with what you have posted. However please understand a small family who has reached the Diamond ++ level has paid well north of 100,000.00 (+100K) to Royal Caribbean over the years.  I agree with suite perks but we shouldn't make light of the fact the D++ has also invested quite a chunk of change to get to their status.  Long story short, if you want to focus on dollars spent...A one and done suite booking of say about 8K should not be treated vastly different than a +100K  D++

Not are suite guests are one and done.  We are D++ 😉 at this house and you don’t want to know the cost. 

On 1/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, bigeck said:

I see your point, but that only works out for new cruisers that cruise in a suite. The suite people will spend around 250k for that benefit doing the same amount of cruises

more accurate than Rolloman. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, rolloman said:

Adding you to ignore... seems you want to play games like the other guy. I have been on here (including when it was an AOL chatroom) for 20  years...only had 2 on ignore...after this weekend it is up to 4. Oh well....anyways this is my last post in this thread. Good luck to all...hopefully Royal will take into consideration some of the key points discussed in this thread. 

I’m only on page 20 in a marathon reading. I wonder if this really is the last post. 🤔

On 1/26/2020 at 6:58 PM, HBE4 said:

Wondering who the 4th guy is...

me too.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, sheffield said:

I am sure you are on many peoples ignore list!

he sure has a way with words. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

As you know the 150% single supplement kicks in well before Pinnacle. Royal's rules but, IMHO, when this is done a solo cruiser should get 1.5 points rather than double points since they're not paying double. 

Maybe instead of begrudging those solos their double points you should be happy that there is only one person instead of two on the ship taking away resources from you.

• Like 3

As someone who prefers the CL and has a lot of issues with the DL, we're not thrilled with the change.  DH and I were talking about it when I pulled up this thread.  RCI, in reality has made it too easy to hit D.  We made D in less than 4 years by staying in JS and GS and cruising a couple of times a year, including a couple of 11 and 12 night cruises,.  D+ took us just like 3.5 more years and we never did D in Dec.   Hitting P will take a lot longer as we have 343 points right now and being P is not our goal at all.  I don't like or need all the fawning and the "importance" given to people who only spent a lot of money to get that status.  We all buy our status.  No one gets it for doing charitable work/sacrificing or being better at something.  But, the fact is Royal created this issue and now we all get to live with it.  There will be more changes and I can see a complete revamp at some point because its reaching a tipping point.  We did one Celebrity after we hit D+ and have another one booked in summer of 2021.  As Elite on X we get their version of happy hour and it was never crowded when we were on Summit a few years ago.  

• Like 1

I don't think the the average cruiser heads out to sea more than once a year if even that. Nor do I think the average cruiser heads out to sea in suites.  So we are talking about 12 years to Diamond. Is that too easy? Is it good for a loyalty program to make advancement look like an insurmountable task to the new cruiser? Make it look too hard and most will have the same attitude many of us have toward Pinnacle.... never going to get there so maybe I'll experiment with some different cruise lines.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

That would be a bummer without AC my DS friend. Like you said it could be worse. Cold with intermittent  snow showers here today!! 🤬 Cheers. 🍷

Oh no!!  Go away snow!!!  🛷 (snow sled...I think. 😉 )   

All healed up and able to hit the slopes again?  

12 minutes ago, BND said:

As someone who prefers the CL and has a lot of issues with the DL, we're not thrilled with the change.  DH and I were talking about it when I pulled up this thread.  RCI, in reality has made it too easy to hit D.  We made D in less than 4 years by staying in JS and GS and cruising a couple of times a year, including a couple of 11 and 12 night cruises,.  D+ took us just like 3.5 more years and we never did D in Dec.   Hitting P will take a lot longer as we have 343 points right now and being P is not our goal at all.  I don't like or need all the fawning and the "importance" given to people who only spent a lot of money to get that status.  We all buy our status.  No one gets it for doing charitable work/sacrificing or being better at something.  But, the fact is Royal created this issue and now we all get to live with it.  There will be more changes and I can see a complete revamp at some point because its reaching a tipping point.  We did one Celebrity after we hit D+ and have another one booked in summer of 2021.  As Elite on X we get their version of happy hour and it was never crowded when we were on Summit a few years ago.  

Once all the ships are SLs maybe suite guests and top 20 C&A members per sailing get SL access.

Then the top 100 C&A members from the rest on that sailing have the new Loyalty Lounge access plus 4 drinks at other bars and restaurants

All other D&D+ get 4 free drinks vouchers and 2 coffee vouchers daily.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BND said:

This might be a nefarious plan to get the D++ over to Celebrity.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Once all the ships are SLs maybe suite guests and top 20 C&A members per sailing get SL access.

Then the top 100 C&A members from the rest on that sailing have the new Loyalty Lounge access plus 4 drinks at other bars and restaurants

All other D&D+ get 4 free drinks vouchers and 2 coffee vouchers daily.

We've been on plenty of trips out of Baltimore and NJ where there are more than 20 pinnacles onboard.  I expect DL's to just disappear at some point.  We know they stopped doing returning cruisers events because it was becoming more than 1/2 the ship qualified.  And, top tier parties are going to eventually be changed to higher levels due to the sheer number.  And, yet, people still ask to bring in their friends or family who aren't eligible.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry, I disagree with this. You should know what your perks are according to your C&A level and they should not vary because someone with more sailings than you decided to book the cruise.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This might be a nefarious plan to get the D++ over to Celebrity.  

Of course it is LOL.  Pretty much every D+ we've met has gone on X after they hit D+ because it's something different and status transfers.  

The CL just has a different vibe than the DL.  It's usually quieter and more relaxed and the apps aren't eaten within minutes of being put out. There's always everything available in the CL.  In the DL, I've seen people pile their plates and use it for dinner.  We have late dining so for us, we eat a couple of items to hold us until dinner.   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve seen this in the CL as well. It’s not limited to the DL. 

We've been going to the CL for several years and we've yet to see what we see in the DL.  There are less people in the CL and usually the same amount of apps are served in both venues and they tend to replenish more often in the CL.  Of course, there are always people who think there's nothing wrong with taking as much as possible and leaving nothing for others because after all "they paid for their cruise" lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1