Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

Our first cruise on the Mariner was in a GS.  We figured we wanted the extra room, and there were a couple perks that came with the suite.

Yup, we became addicted to this class of cruising.

Now after cruising mostly once a year and a rare twice in one year, we will becoming D+ on our November cruise, so next year we will have those benefits.

We will never attain Pinnacle, but will continue to cruise in suites, whether it be a CL or GS.

We are getting what we are paying for at the time. 

I guess everything is subject to change.

But right now, the suites keep us happy.

I feel for those cruisers who  attained Pinnacle status and had their benefits of their status modified.  

Also the cutbacks to D+, I guess because of the numbers.

Just saying.

Safe travels.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BND said:

Of course it is LOL.  Pretty much every D+ we've met has gone on X after they hit D+ because it's something different and status transfers.  

The CL just has a different vibe than the DL.  It's usually quieter and more relaxed and the apps aren't eaten within minutes of being put out. There's always everything available in the CL.  In the DL, I've seen people pile their plates and use it for dinner.  We have late dining so for us, we eat a couple of items to hold us until dinner.   

Agree totally about he differences.  

Except transfer of loyalty to X only goes as far as Elite (RCI Diamond level) the rest of the points you have to earn from night one on X.  😉 

Edited by island lady

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry, I disagree with this. You should know what your perks are according to your C&A level and they should not vary because someone with more sailings than you decided to book the cruise.

That's okay.

Most of our sailings are in Europe and the Mediterranean and the lounges are rarely full and we prefer to have our 3 free drinks elsewhere and usually in Giovanni's or chops.

I am only trying to contribute ideas to give you guys in the US possible solutions to alleviate lounge overcrowding and stop bickering between some Pinnacles and Suite Guests.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nice having a well respected poster weigh in on this subject. 

LOL, too kind.

1 hour ago, bigeck said:

Maybe a new Host in Bobs adsence 

What?  I have been gone for 10 days, to Sandals Royal Barbados, and this is what happens?  I will have to read the next 18 pages of this thread to see what I have missed. 

New Host, LOL.  No thank-you. I'd rule with a heavy hand and there would be few left around here.  Not to mention we only have one cruise so far for this year...  We are heading to Maui in April for 10 days, so I guess this year we are being more like normal cruisers.😂  

Edit: much was written in joke font, you just need to figure out what parts.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not to mention we only have one cruise so far for this year...  We are heading to Maui in April for 10 days, so I guess this year we are being more like normal cruisers.😂  

No offense, but when I think of normal cruiser you do not come to mind.😉😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

LOL, too kind.

What?  I have been gone for 10 days, to Sandals Royal Barbados, and this is what happens?  I will have to read the next 18 pages of this thread to see what I have missed. 

New Host, LOL.  No thank-you. I'd rule with a heavy hand and there would be few left around here.  Not to mention we only have one cruise so far for this year...  We are heading to Maui in April for 10 days, so I guess this year we are being more like normal cruisers.😂  

Enjoy Hawaii!  We will be following you doing big island for a week, then Maui for 11 nights May into June.  🙂 

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

LOL, too kind.

According to Bob's profile he has reverted to members Clarea.

I for one think Host Clarea did a fantastic job and wish him all the best for the future and hopefully he continues to still post and help us all.

Thanks Bob.

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Enjoy Hawaii!  We will be following you doing big island for a week, then Maui for 11 nights May into June.  🙂 

We were there in November on Grand Princess.

We loved Hawaii and wish you a fantastic vacation.

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not to mention we only have one cruise so far for this year...  We are heading to Maui in April for 10 days, so I guess this year we are being more like normal cruisers.😂  

We were cruising 4-6 times a year in a GS. After Presidents Cruise 2018, we are now trying different vacation get always. We visited Israel for 15 days last year, spent two weeks in NYC. We did a week bike trip. We are taking a 15 day River Cruise in May. We did book Presidents Cruise For 2020 out of Barcelona based on the changes made on Birthday Cruise. We will see how it goes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We were cruising 4-6 times a year in a GS. After Presidents Cruise 2018, we are now trying different vacation get always. We visited Israel for 15 days last year, spent two weeks in NYC. We did a week bike trip. We are taking a 15 day River Cruise in May. We did book Presidents Cruise For 2020 out of Barcelona based on the changes made on Birthday Cruise. We will see how it goes. 

It is cruisers like yourselves that RC need to ask why you have left them.

We also do a big selection of alternative hotel vacations as well as cruising on Princess,P&O and RC.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

Except transfer of loyalty to X only goes as far as Elite (RCI Diamond level) the rest of the points you have to earn from night one on X.  😉 

I got a nice head start ... 450 points on X.  🙂

I was Platinum on RCI, so Select on X. 

Started sailing X and reached Elite.

Went back to RCI as Diamond.  Will be D+ by EOY.

Back to X for Elite+ ???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Back to X for Elite+ ???

We have given X a lot of thought. We have family members who are P and except for cruises with their family, X has been their recent choice.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Back to X for Elite+ ???

Which is easier to reach D or Elite  or are the points equal to their respected allotment 

Edited by Tulsacoker

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no!!  Go away snow!!!  🛷 (snow sled...I think. 😉 )   

All healed up and able to hit the slopes again?  

All healed up. No more skiing for me the rest of the season. Did they get your AC fixed in your stateroom? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Which is easier to reach D or Elite  or are the points equal to their respected allotment 

Diamond is a lot easier to reach than Elite. Diamond 80 cruise points, elite 300 cruise points.  Elite + 750 cruise points and Zenith 3000 cruise points. The chart shows cruise points based on stateroom category. 

Veranda/In finite Veranda℠ Staterooms

Concierge Class/Aquaclass® Staterooms

Sky Suites

Edge Villa/Celebrity/Signature/Royal Suites

Penthouse/Reflection/Iconic Suites

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

It depends on what kind of room you prefer to stay in.  It takes 300 points to be Elite on Celebrity vs. 80 points to be Diamond on Royal.  However, unless you are cruising single or in a suite, you get only one point per night on Royal so it takes 80 nights to be Diamond.  On Celebrity, if you stay in concierge class or aqua class, you will earn 5 points per night so you can reach Elite in 60 nights.  On the other hand, if you stay in an ordinary veranda stateroom, you get only 3 points per night so it would take 100 nights.  In a room without a veranda, it would take 150 nights at 2 points per night.  Of course, you can make Elite very fast (in 17 nights) if you stay in the top suites and earn 18 points per night.  There is no way to make Diamond even close to that fast (except via reciprocity with Elite)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Diamond is a lot easier to reach than Elite. Diamond 80 cruise points, elite 300 cruise points.  Elite + 750 cruise points and Zenith 3000 cruise points. The chart shows cruise points based on stateroom category. 

Veranda/In finite Veranda℠ Staterooms

Concierge Class/Aquaclass® Staterooms

Sky Suites

Edge Villa/Celebrity/Signature/Royal Suites

Penthouse/Reflection/Iconic Suites

Picture quoted for effect. 

That’s interesting. Which of these get the Suite Amenities I hear about?

I earned my X points pre-conversion.  Only needed 10 points for Elite.

Back then it was 1 point per cruise, 1 extra for 12+ nights, 1 extra for Concierge Class or above.

10 cruises (9 X + 1 AZ) = 10 points

Three 12+ nights = 3 points

Two Concierge Class = 2 points

15 points converted to 450 points (30 per old point).

Also note that Azamara and X points are combined.