Stock Holders Credit - I'm still confused

Jim_Iain

I'm still confused with the new Stock Holders Credit that was revised to allow combination of perks.

I applied for 6 cruises recently and got rejected for all 6.   Reason -  Fare Code does not permit Stock Holders Credit.

1st -  Free Zenith  Cruise -- This one I can undestand

3 Cruises -  Booked before the cut off Date -  This I can also understand

2 Cruises -  Booked after cut off date but were booked on-board and received OBC's in addition to perks.

Is the key that if you book on-board it invalidates the credit?  

I bought the stock last week and reviewed the rules and Not booking on board isn’t a condition. Through the legal mumble and jumble it appeared that reasons for declining were travel agent fam trips or the date of booking. I’m unaware of the rules for earlier booking to the current are the new policy went into effect. I’m just waiting for my March stock statement and will apply for September 2020 and Feb 2021 cruises. 

Jim,

This is from their website.  Their own question is not answered. They do have buried in another answer "other terms may apply."  If you didn't apply electronically for the last two, I would give that a try, and if you are denied, ask why.

Can this benefit be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings, any Galapagos sailings or complimentary sailings.

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be interested to see the outcome.    I'm going back to the rejected cruises to see if I might have transferred a reservation booked prior to the cut off to the new booking.  

That may be it.  Check your invoices for invoice 1 and make sure you are looking at the actual first booking date.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be interested to see the outcome.    I'm going back to the rejected cruises to see if I might have transferred a reservation booked prior to the cut off to the new booking.  

we just got rejected for a Sept 2020 cruise saying  Fare Code does not permit Stock Holders Credit. Although we booked this cruise July of 2019  we did use a prior booking made in 2018 as the deposit (future cruise booked on-line) so I feel the rejection was due to that.

38 minutes ago, jpsykes said:

we just got rejected for a Sept 2020 cruise saying  Fare Code does not permit Stock Holders Credit. Although we booked this cruise July of 2019  we did use a prior booking made in 2018 as the deposit (future cruise booked on-line) so I feel the rejection was due to that.

It goes by the booking date of the reservation (paid the deposit), not by the date where you changed to the current sailing.   In this case you were properly rejected.

I wish they would actually give the real reason for denial.   To me the Fare code is like Interline or Travel Agency fare.   I presume yours was denied due to Celebrity provided perks which were not combineable with your 2018 booking date.

1 hour ago, jpsykes said:

That was the same reason code we got for 5 of the rejections.   One said I had booked before July 2019

I’ve owned RCL stock for many years and for the past few cruises including our upcoming April cruise and was informed due to the fare code, the shareholder credit was rejected. Good news is that I sold my stock last week before the coronavirus outbreak. Stock closed today $20 per share less than I sold it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Can you send it in anytime prior to your cruise?

Not exactly.  Their is a deadline -   I wouldn't call RCL very exact

All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date.

13 hours ago, crz4all said:

I reread my post and did not mean to be insensitive to the current issue of the pandemic of coronavirus. It was was shear luck that I sold when I did. I hope I did not offend anyone.

No offense at all.   I also dumped my shares recently.   Glad I did before RCL's earnings warning. 

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Not exactly.  Their is a deadline -   I wouldn't call RCL very exact

All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date.

Ok.  I have not heard back on one I submitted by email.  I will contact them.  The cruise is 2 years out.

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Ok.  I have not heard back on one I submitted by email.  I will contact them.  The cruise is 2 years out.

You might try the electronic submission  rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/ 

It did take about a week for them to get back to me.    I did have some for 2021

35 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

What do you get for owning Celebrity stock?  Maybe now would be a good time to buy some.

Here's the FAQ's:  https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

We purchased 100 shares when it was $16, then it went down to $5, and my said we should buy some more.  I told her she was crazy -- what does she know?  😉🍷

We've well recouped our investment on both Celebrity and Royal, and now that they open back up the combining of perks with the shareholder, I plan to keep what I have.

As for purchasing some just to get the OBC, you might want to check with your financial adviser.  🍷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

What do you get for owning Celebrity stock?  Maybe now would be a good time to buy some.

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.
  • Applicable on any eligible Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara sailings. (excludes any charter or Galapagos sailings)