RCL Stock

heidikay

21 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Some people truly benefited from the Pandemic, i.e. Big Pharma, PPE suppliers (masks, sanitizer, germ killers) not to mention toilet paper and paper towel makers. Some really gauged people who were vulnerable.

But buying stock at lower prices benefited not only the stockholder but helped get Royal get back on its feet. You did very well for yourself and in a good way. Congrats!

The only way the rise in the stock price benefited Royal is if they sold some of their stock that they held back.

As far as the stockholder unless he sold, it’s a gain on paper and nothing else.

37 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The only way the rise in the stock price benefited Royal is if they sold some of their stock that they held back.

As far as the stockholder unless he sold, it’s a gain on paper and nothing else.

I dont remember aboutnrcl but I know ccl issued secondaries, more stock and vastly diluted the outstanding shares. Maybe rcl didnt issue secondaries to raise cash to stay alive. Of course the officers benefitted as they get stock options.

Interesting discussion without hyperbole.

So many data points to analyze and make calculations upon with no crystal ball to look into the future.

Royal is still afloat in the sea and I will not complain about it. I am not blindly loyal to Royal but I enjoy cruising with them when I do.

Thank you to all who buy their stock. I hope you get reasonable returns.

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Interesting discussion without hyperbole.

So many data points to analyze and make calculations upon with no crystal ball to look into the future.

Royal is still afloat in the sea and I will not complain about it. I am not blindly loyal to Royal but I enjoy cruising with them when I do.

Thank you to all who buy their stock. I hope you get reasonable returns.

Don’t think we are getting any returns (aka dividends) but I have 100+ of both CCL and RCL and RCL is worth about 7 times more than CCL and CCL was more expensive when I purchased them.  Since they don’t have FlowRiders, I have only gained a few hundred dollars on shareholder benefits, and overall, CCL has been a complete bust as an investment.  😂  And as a cruise line for us!

JC

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Don’t think we are getting any returns (aka dividends)

Paying of dividends is restricted till RCG pays back the loans they took out during COVID. 

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Paying of dividends is restricted till RCG pays back the loans they took out during COVID. 

Of course, just saying the only current returns are OBC and share pricing.  Just less definitively.😂

jc

• Haha 2

Today from what I heard virgin has a IPO, expected in the $42 range. Newly come public. I was laying in bed at the time I heard it was coming today so not sure I got the initial pricing correct, but interesting. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Today from what I heard virgin has a IPO, expected in the $42 range. Newly come public. I was laying in bed at the time I heard it was coming today so not sure I got the initial pricing correct, but interesting. 

Viking (VIK) is slated to go public on May 1st trading from $21 and $25 per share. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 6:03 PM, firefly333 said:

I dont remember aboutnrcl but I know ccl issued secondaries, more stock and vastly diluted the outstanding shares. Maybe rcl didnt issue secondaries to raise cash to stay alive. Of course the officers benefitted as they get stock options.

in 2019 RCL had 205 million shares outstanding.  Now 256 million.  All were likely issued at prices well below 2019 or current level causing dilution.

• Like 1

I’m not actively trading cruise stock at this time so I’m out of the loop, but this came across my desk. Thought some of you may find it interesting to note. 

4369281F-A2F5-41BC-B031-222234E8C3BB.jpeg

insider trading of RCL the last year- 

31EDD8A1-BB6B-4F2F-A0B0-8B6B9E681FFD.jpeg

74CC1817-5A47-4736-B8A0-BF4919125CD8.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I’m not actively trading cruise stock at this time so I’m out of the loop, but this came across my desk. Thought some of you may find it interesting to note. 

4369281F-A2F5-41BC-B031-222234E8C3BB.jpeg

insider trading of RCL the last year- 

31EDD8A1-BB6B-4F2F-A0B0-8B6B9E681FFD.jpeg

74CC1817-5A47-4736-B8A0-BF4919125CD8.jpeg

If upper management is unloading stock, that should tell you volumes on how they see the future playing out.

15 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If upper management is unloading stock, that should tell you volumes on how they see the future playing out.

Or they want to buy a house, car, need cash or want to diversify. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerryg95 said:

Sure- but the fact that not one has invested should raise an eyebrow (besides poor Maritza who missed the memo and invested his measly 100k).

One never can tell what investor trading means, but I do pay attention to patterns. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerryg95 said:

If you check their total compensation for 2023 (public company, public record), I think you can eliminate the first three. Upper executives were well in the millions, with the CEOs total about $17,000,000, up from a measly 10.700,000 the previous year. Any other guesses?

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If you check their total compensation for 2023 (public company, public record), I think you can eliminate the first three. Upper executives were well in the millions, with the CEOs total about $17,000,000, up from a measly 10.700,000 the previous year. Any other guesses?

Yet folks who post on these boards justify every cutback by RCI because of the shutdown and debt while management takes care of itself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yet folks who post on these boards justify every cutback by RCI because of the shutdown and debt while management takes care of itself.

I hear you.

Maybe the increase is their portion of the tip pooling.😉😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jason Liberty sold 50,000 shares RCL stock which was approximately $6.98 million, with a weighted-average price of $139.63 per share.

Following this sale, Liberty's direct ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is 153,017 shares. So I'm not worried he's cashing out and sailing into the sunset. No other executive / director followed.  He could have myriad reasons to have taken out 6.98M. Graduation present? Gift to a family member? Who the frig knows. He does have a substantial number of shares left. I don't see this sale as an indication that the sky is falling - not for now at least. 

I'm staying in especially when the average future target price (according to analysts) is $151 with a high estimate of $174.

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

maybe that comp is enough for the house you want but what if he wants a $40m house and only has $20m liquid. 

what if he’s want to buy virgin or Viking stock to diversify. What if he wants to rent a private mega yacht for a few months so he doesn’t have to wait in line at the Windjammer?

17 minutes ago, jerryg95 said:

maybe that comp is enough for the house you want but what if he wants a $40m house and only has $20m liquid. 

what if he’s want to buy virgin or Viking stock to diversify. What if he wants to rent a private mega yacht for a few months so he doesn’t have to wait in line at the Windjammer?

That still doesn’t eliminate that maybe he wants to take the money because he thinks the stock has peaked and he wants to hedge his bet. More of a maybe than the options listed above.

19 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Viking (VIK) is slated to go public on May 1st trading from $21 and $25 per share. 

The IPO is pricing tonight. Usually prices below what they expect opening trades to be. The lower amount is for people who are buying the IPO before it opens publically. Not what it will actually open at trading tomorrow. Should be above the IPO price. Typically. For instance at etrade I can buy some IPOs not all. Not every brokerage handles all IPOs. It will be interesting to see where trading actually opens.

They are saying viking collects money 2 years in advance vs industry average of 6 months though they dont typically sail at full capacity. Pros and cons. 7k vs ncl 3k average etc. Watched on CNBC so I didnt get it all. Odd they would use ncl to compare to. IPOs seem to open around noon or 1 pm my time to watch tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Viewed as a single transaction........ yeah, who cares, could be a million reasons why he wants to sell.
However............ he's a smart guy..... maybe he sees trouble OVERALL on the horizon.... even if RCL is a strong company

Rising tide raises all boats..... and when it goes out.......

Edited by NateUpNorth

22 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Viewed as a single transaction........ yeah, who cares, could be a million reasons why he wants to sell.
However............ he's a smart guy..... maybe he sees trouble OVERALL on the horizon.... even if RCL is a strong company

Rising tide raises all boats..... and when it goes out.......

I agree that the price seems a bit overvalued vs what it used to sell for. More shares, so earnings diluted and no dividend and more debt .. and selling as high as pre covid seems a bit much to me too. I dont see prices continuing up as before either. So next years comps wouldnt be as good as now when prices are compared to covid pricing a year ago. A year ago there were still a lot of left over really low prices which are gone now so year over year looks terrific but many many companies are saying price increases are running into resistance. Stagnation is being mentioned. Right now looks terrific, a year from now doesnt look so good. 

Edited by firefly333

45 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

That still doesn’t eliminate that maybe he wants to take the money because he thinks the stock has peaked and he wants to hedge his bet. More of a maybe than the options listed above.

it also doesn’t eliminate the possibility he has a mistress in a Greek villa with expensive taste. He might feel the company is going under in three weeks or that now is a good time to get more liquidity. As we know, they can make more stock and he gets some. 

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

A year ago there were still a lot of left over really low prices which are gone now so year over year looks terrific but many many companies are saying price increases are running into resistance. Stagnation is being mentioned. Right now looks terrific, a year from now doesnt look so good. 

I tend to agree with your supposition with what I can see concerning prices at multiple websites. Many more fall cabins available this year than last as prices have been kept elevated after  banner seasons last fall and this winter. I did three cruises in 2023 booked in 2022 at very low prices. Doing two this year after booking them last year at half of their current listed prices on Royal's website last year. I am avoiding "add-ons" concerning dining, excursion, drinking, etc. as those prices have more than doubled (in some cases, asking 250% more). I got some very good deals through a TA at half the prices for two cruises next year. 

Even if frequent cruises just do one cruise less per year or try another line, that can lead to significant stagnation. If I cannot get a cruise for what I think is a good price-point, I will just hold onto the cash or try something else. I like Royal, understand supply and demand, and I think demand is leveling off starting October of this year where prices will not be constantly raised without resistance.

• Like 2