Princess moved my cabin

PCWalton1

Hi 

We are taking our first Princess cruise in May on Royal Princess. We were booked in cabin E433 until recently when I see they have moved us to L110. We have done a couple dozen cruises on Royal Caribbean and have never been in a forward cabin. My concern with a forward cabin is the pitch (up & down motion) especially in a cabin this high up. 

Anyone been in a cabin near to this one who can comment?  Thanks a lot for the feedback.

14 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Hi 

We are taking our first Princess cruise in May on Royal Princess. We were booked in cabin E433 until recently when I see they have moved us to L110. We have done a couple dozen cruises on Royal Caribbean and have never been in a forward cabin. My concern with a forward cabin is the pitch (up & down motion) especially in a cabin this high up. 

Anyone been in a cabin near to this one who can comment?  Thanks a lot for the feedback.

If you get your cabin back have your booking marked "no upgrade". 

Although technically they can still move you they usually don't.

There can be lots of motion forward and high.

The Royal Class ships sail really, really smoothly!  You can't even compare them to the Grand Class ships which IMO, roll very easily from the slightest wind.  We've had the most forward cabins you can have on the Royal and Sky and were amazed at how little movement there was even in high wind and about 9-13' seas.  This is one class of ship I won't hesitate to book all the way forward.   Since you're not a newbie at cruising, you should feel comfortable.  I do think RCI ships 'ride' a little more smoothly but as far as Princess ships go, these are the smoothest in their fleet IME.

11 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Thanks, we decided to err to the side of caution and manged to get our old cabin back. Of course that will guarantee the cruise will be smooth as glass. 😜

L110 (BF) is one of those technical category upgrade from E433 (BW) that would be a downgrade for us.

L110 is an upper deck forward cabin with the smaller standard (9’x4’) balcony; E433 is on a lower midship deck with a larger balcony.  Last Spring we had E436 for 2 weeks & the only obstruction was if looking downward from the railing to see the open Promenade deck which is the same for E433.

A more stable location with a larger balcony...win, win and glad that you got your original cabin back & maybe we’ll see you during the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, waltd said:

If you have any problem with motion call and get it changed.   No guarantee you will not run into rough weather and you do feel motion more forward and aft.  

I get car sick if the road is windy and I'm not driving. I use "the patch" (Transderm Scop) and never get sick on a ship even when in extremely rough weather. Without the patch I couldn't even be on a ship and a tender would be horrible beyond belief. With the patch I have sailed all the way forward and high up and have sailed in weather where they closed the outer decks and many of  the "iron stomach" crowd retired to their cabins. One doesn't have to be a hostage to their stupid body's malfunction.

Edited by Thrak

We got an email from Princess last evening and they had a "Upgrade" for our cabin.  Third time we've moved not by our choice.  I called today and said I wanted to stay in the same cabin.  She had to fill out a form requesting our cabin back and told me it would be up to 72 hours before I would get an answer.  We had a cabin that had a connecting door with the next cabin, so I'm assuming someone wanted both those rooms.  Our upgrade was same room just up three floors and opposite end of the family member we are traveling with.

P.S.  We've sailed many times in the front of the ship and had no issue with wave action

35 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

Our upgrade was same room just up three floors and opposite end of the family member we are traveling with.

When traveling with family in multiple cabins it is always a good idea to have Princess link the bookings. It doesn't guarantee they won't do something stupid to separate family members but at least it gives a heads up that it shouldn't be done and is a (however minor) bargaining chip when requesting a return to your original cabin.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 2:27 PM, PCWalton1 said:

Hi 

We too usually cruise on Royal Caribbean but have been on the royal princess twice. We had L502 in January.  The location on the lido deck is very convenient but there is some motion constantly. I was not bothered until late in the cruise when I got my first case of vertigo on a cruise. My husband who is prone to seasickness was not bothered at all. Go figure.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Well I foolishly didn't tell them we did not want to get an "upgrade" so they moved us again. This time to E709. I am just going to stay at this one. 

You had a larger, decent-sized balcony at E433.  If it doesn't matter to you then fine.  Those E4xx with the larger balconies are a great location IMO - and the obstruction is basically non-existent.  They used to be more of a bargain, and maybe on some cruises still are, but I have noticed higher pricing recently.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:05 PM, Mikel1733 said:

We got an email from Princess last evening and they had a "Upgrade" for our cabin.  Third time we've moved not by our choice.  I called today and said I wanted to stay in the same cabin.  She had to fill out a form requesting our cabin back and told me it would be up to 72 hours before I would get an answer.  We had a cabin that had a connecting door with the next cabin, so I'm assuming someone wanted both those rooms.  Our upgrade was same room just up three floors and opposite end of the family member we are traveling with.

P.S.  We've sailed many times in the front of the ship and had no issue with wave action

That happened to my adult kids cabin, they "upgraded" them from Baja deck to Marina deck right under the Horizon court. They told me the same thing when I called, it would take 72 hours to get it back. Princess didn't want their original cabin because it was still available to book. I called them back and asked them to please make the change now before the cabin was gone. They did it right away.

Now I know to mark all of our family cabins "no upgrade".

1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

That happened to my adult kids cabin, they "upgraded" them from Baja deck to Marina deck right under the Horizon court. They told me the same thing when I called, it would take 72 hours to get it back. Princess didn't want their original cabin because it was still available to book. I called them back and asked them to please make the change now before the cabin was gone. They did it right away.

Now I know to mark all of our family cabins "no upgrade".

Five days have past and we still have the "Upgrade" cabin.  So obviously didn't get our room back.  I can't even get my Princess Rep (TA?) to call back.  I realize they have a lot of things going on a lot more important than ours but I'd at least think she could send us an email.

1 minute ago, Mikel1733 said:

Five days have past and we still have the "Upgrade" cabin.  So obviously didn't get our room back.  I can't even get my Princess Rep (TA?) to call back.  I realize they have a lot of things going on a lot more important than ours but I'd at least think she could send us an email.

You can do a mock booking to see if it's still available and if so, call Princess and just ask the rep that answers, to please switch your back to the original one you chose.

I hope you're able to get it back, if that's what you want. Good Luck!

• Like 1