Whats your favorite ship or ship class?

It depends upon the type of sailing.  For port intensive cruises or cruises that have very scenic spots to sail in and out of I liked Serenade or Radiance class the best.  I especially liked being able to be out on the front of the ship going in and out of Venice.  For sailings with more sea days, I like the activities and entertainment on Oasis and  Quantum classes.

We've only been on Oasis, Freedom and Voyager classes, as well as Celebrity Solstice class.

It's pretty much a tie between Voyager and Freedom classes since they are dang near identical, for the things we care about at least.  If I had to choose between those two, it would be Freedom class just for the little bit of extra room.

Our favorite single ship has been the recently amped Navigator.  Absolutely loved all the changes the AMPED program brought, but since all Freedom and Voyager all are getting AMPED, we'll like them all.

We're sailing on the Grandeur in July so maybe we'll have a new winner, but just looking at that ship I think we'll still prefer the Voyager and Freedom classes

Dan

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:08 PM, Tree_skier said:

My favorite so far has been Liberty of the seas also.  I haven't been on an Oasis or Quantum class yet

I thought anthem would top liberty for me, but it hasn't either time we sailed on her. I loved liberty so much. we have oasis booked for next summer and i am expecting oasis to be my new fav! 

On 3/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, Tatka said:

Of course we sail on her in colder time (3 thanksgivings ) and this year will be also New Year

us too. we have only done Anthem either during the New Year sailing or the one following. she is definitely well equipped for winter sailings! it's so nice to get on a ship in the cold weather knowing you are sailing to the warm caribbean 😉 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 11:45 AM, EeyoreRN said:

She edges out the Freedom, because I just love the art deco style and callbacks to classic cruising

I have never done a Disney cruise but would like to. Would definitely like to check out that ship 🙂 

Loved the Anthem of the Seas in early 2016 when it still had dynamic dining and North star went over both sides all the way during our 9 day southern cruise.

Next favorite was inaugural first 7 day out of Fla on Harmony with Captain Johnny and CD Abe Hughes in Nov 2016. In fact I had Abe twice on Anthem and once on Harmony all in 2016.

But did Allure in 2011 when she was new.

Ya never forget your first Oasis cruise.

My husband and I did 13 RCCL cruises and worked our way up the fleet. We enjoyed the larger ships and finally got to sail on the Oasis OTS in 2011. Sadly, DH passed away in August of 2016, but since then, my DD and I have sailed twice (2017 and 2018) on Allure OTS. I LOVE the Oasis class ships and Allure is now my favorite. As others have said, the neighborhoods add more options and interesting places to explore. Central Park is so serene and a lovely, quiet place to enjoy.

We didn't cruise last year (2019), but we are booked on Freedom with a cousin from June 28 - July 5. Overall, I prefer Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships with Oasis being my favorite. Haven't had a chance to try to the Quantum class, yet.

So Freedom and Oasis class were definitely my favourite in the past with my fav ship being Freedom of the Seas. Just came back from the Empress two weeks ago though and completely fell in love with that ship! I had never been on a small ship before and wasn't sure I would like it but it turned out to be my absolute favourite and I can't wait to sail on her again!!