Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

Oh, I’m sorry Graham

However, in the current cruising climate, your Doc may have done you a favour.  Time will tell.  I can’t imagine ships’ crews being full of the joys of Spring just now.

One day all this will be past and hopefully we will all survive to return to cruising as we know it or, hopefully, even better

Edited by Eddie99
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh, I’m sorry Graham

However, in the current cruising climate, your Doc may have done you a favour.  Time will tell.  I can’t imagine ships’ crews being full of the joys of Spring just now.

One day all this will be past and hopefully we will all survive to return to cruising as we know it or, hopefully, even better

My sympathies go to everyone now without a cruise, but it's not the most important thing in the world.

You never know, when this is done with,  people just might stop sticking their hands into the buffet serveries and use the tongs provided. (Live in hope)

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Little Mell said:

Following with interest as we are booked on ventura on tuesday. None of us over 70 but one person with "underlying health conditions "

Is that N004?  I read that it was cancelled on Facebook?  Written by someone who was booked on the cruise.

Pah!  I cancelled 2 days ago, with the intention of re-booking as it was so much cheaper.  Now, because one of the guests is over 70, I can not re-book, and if I had waited 2 days, I would have got the extra 25% or a cash refund.  Annoyed! 

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely gutted.

Spoke to doctor and my Heart Attack in December where I got a stent fitted and feel very fit is classed as Chronic Heart Disease.

We have had to cancel our Azura Transatlantic cruise next week as per Government advice!!

Sorry to hear your bad news, I'm there with you. Still doing more tests and upping the Ramapril with me.

Chin up matey ,you've got your life and family and as my Doc said " A cruise can wait"  😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

P&O amended cancellation policy to take account of PM speech yesterday

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

in light of the amended policy I could do with a little advice please.  We (DW, 2 kids and 70+ mom and I) are booked in a family suite (sleeps 5+).  Can we cancel our whole booking as Mom is 70+ and has underlying health problem and get either fcc @125% or have a full refund. 

Advice appreciate 

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Is that N004?  I read that it was cancelled on Facebook?  Written by someone who was booked on the cruise.

That stupid person has just said that he didn't mean it was cancelled, he meant he had cancelled.  That's after 4 people asked him whether the cruise was cancelled.  apologies.  Mind you, not sure there any ports for you to go to as none of them are accepting ships.

4 minutes ago, Fozzie100 said:

in light of the amended policy I could do with a little advice please.  We (DW, 2 kids and 70+ mom and I) are booked in a family suite (sleeps 5+).  Can we cancel our whole booking as Mom is 70+ and has underlying health problem and get either fcc @125% or have a full refund. 

Advice appreciate 

My short answer would be yes, but you would have to ask.    Why would you get FCC of 125%?  Also when is the cruise, because the FCC amounts are different depending on when it is.

Edited by jeanlyon

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sorry to hear your bad news, I'm there with you. Still doing more tests and upping the Ramapril with me.

Chin up matey ,you've got your life and family and as my Doc said " A cruise can wait"  😊 

Cheers mate.

Hope you are okay for your cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My short answer would be yes, but you would have to ask.   Is your Mum in the same booking or booked separately and linked?  Why would you get FCC of 125%?  Also when is the cruise, because the FCC amounts are different depending on when it is.

Because that’s what they are offering if you transfer. 125% of the cancellation fee 

I nipped across to saouthampton today. On the ferry across i got thinking of the back up behind when a cruise ship comes in. If pando follow the other lines, it is people missing out on holiday, but here, it will be hotels who do cruise and park missing out, it will be the guys who take the luggage, the ones who load the ships with supplies, the terminal staff, the taxi drivers. I then decided to stop thinking. 

also if they do cancel where will the ships be. If they are all here, I will have to go and and take pictures. Not sure where else they would all dock.