A place to be optimistic!

oh2cruise

I continue to see all of the posts relating to canceling. I get it.  The world is in a state of panic right now. 

Can we cancel? Should we cancel? What if we cancel? When will Celebrity cancel?

Really fellow travelers, stay away if you are sick or have been exposed!  I understand if your health is fragile or you truly feel the need to cancel for whatever reason.  Do what you must do.

But, I really want to go on our upcoming cruise and want to know who else has no intention of canceling unless we fall ill or are exposed!   I do NOT want Celebrity to cancel our cruise!

Am I alone? 

Can we use this new topic for POSITIVE posts!!  Let’s reflect on the fact, as far as I know, that Celebrity has no reported cases of Coronavirus. (knock on wood)  That Celebrity has taken extraordinary efforts to keep their ships cleaner than ever. That Celebrity has been extremely generous in revising their cancellation policy! I plan on remaining upbeat and, although my trip is not until April 20th, I have started thinking about what I am going to pack! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty much under the impression that the more people get this thing, and recover from it, the better off we will all be.  The panic is doing nothing but causing financial harm to many.  

I mean, we make it through the regular Flu just fine...they don't cancel events because of it....

Sailing on Edge 3/29...if it goes, I'm going to be on board.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Going on Sunday hoping for a great cruise, I really cannot take all of this panic and the market and crazy people buying all the sanitizer stuff and 🧻
I pray to be ok and I will do my very best to be vigilant.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Going on Sunday hoping for a great cruise, I really cannot take all of this panic and the market and crazy people buying all the sanitizer stuff and 🧻
I pray to be ok and I will do my very best to be vigilant.

I wish that you have a wonderful and healthy cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oh2cruise said:

I continue to see all of the posts relating to canceling. I get it.  The world is in a state of panic right now. 

Can we cancel? Should we cancel? What if we cancel? When will Celebrity cancel?

Really fellow travelers, stay away if you are sick or have been exposed!  I understand if your health is fragile or you truly feel the need to cancel for whatever reason.  Do what you must do.

But, I really want to go on our upcoming cruise and want to know who else has no intention of canceling unless we fall ill or are exposed!   I do NOT want Celebrity to cancel our cruise!

Am I alone? 

Can we use this new topic for POSITIVE posts!!  Let’s reflect on the fact, as far as I know, that Celebrity has no reported cases of Coronavirus. (knock on wood)  That Celebrity has taken extraordinary efforts to keep their ships cleaner than ever. That Celebrity has been extremely generous in revising their cancellation policy! I plan on remaining upbeat and, although my trip is not until April 20th, I have started thinking about what I am going to pack! 

You are not alone.  We are on Silhouette in 3 days. Not easy sitting here watching what unfolds by the minute.  We have till 11:00 tomorrow if we want to cancel.  I have been on every possible website, and vigilantly watching several news stations,  looking for answers to make my decision.  Right now we are going.  Im praying and relying on proper procedures at the airport, then the cab ride, then of course, the ship. With a couple other cruise lines cancelling, the decision may not be ours.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Life Buoy said:

There was a just reported case that originated on Summit. The Millennium sailed with crew only and yesterday was in Ensenada, Mexico.I don't find much to be optimistic about. Even Pollyanna might be a pessimist. 

Do you have a source for this?  Or just adding to the panic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

Do you have a source for this?  Or just adding to the panic?

Just do a search for Coronavirus on Summit and you'll see the story. The source for Millennium was a crew member currently  on the ship. You could use several sites to verify the location of the ship.

A thread has been started giving the source of the Summit story.

Edited by Life Buoy

This is not people complaining about chair hogs, nickel and diming or Kelly Hoppen furniture. This is people sharing facts and news about a life and death situation that impacts every single person on this planet. I don't have a problem with people being a little pessimistic about things at the moment. It looks very grim. Sorry if that sounds negative but it is what it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I'm pretty much under the impression that the more people get this thing, and recover from it, the better off we will all be.  The panic is doing nothing but causing financial harm to many.  

I mean, we make it through the regular Flu just fine...they don't cancel events because of it....

Sailing on Edge 3/29...if it goes, I'm going to be on board.  

Covid 19 is not the Flu.

There is no vaccine, at present, to protect people from it.

It is 10 times more deadly than the Flu.

No one has developed an immunity to it.

It has developed into a Worldwide Pandemic, requiring events to be cancelled to try and mitigate the spread.

I am “optimistic” that this horrible situation will eventually be brought under control.

Until that time, I will be following the prescribed precautions to keep keep healthy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Life Buoy said:

Just do a search for Coronavirus on Summit and you'll see the story. The source for Millennium was a crew member currently  on the ship. You could use several sites to verify the location of the ship.

A thread has been started giving the source of the Summit story.

I read the story.  It's shocking the media was able to determine it came from the Summit.  She definitely flew on at least 2 planes (I'm assuming she didn't drive to PR) and who knows her interactions before or after that.  Also - was she a solo traveler?  And it was so bad, she was sent home to recover.  I'm sorry I don't take the media as solidly of their word as I may have 10 years ago.

In line with the original post & being optimistic, I'm just not choosing to overly panic like some are.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I truly believe that this virus is going to go away once the warmer weather in Spring and Summer arrive.  That is what happened with the SARS virus.  I am on a cruise in August and I have every intention of still going.  The only way I will not go is if Celebrity cancels or if there are no flights from the US.  I am not afraid of traveling to Europe because the virus is already here in the US.  At this point, you could be exposed anyplace on Earth so you might as well live and enjoy your life.  I refuse to live in fear over something I have no control over.

• Like 4

I am really glad you posted this. 

Setting sail on Silhouette on Sunday and still planning on going unless the US Border is completed closed (I am from Canada) or Celebrity cancels between now and Sunday. 

Happy Cursing Everyone ! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kebrown said:

I truly believe that this virus is going to go away once the warmer weather in Spring and Summer arrive.  That is what happened with the SARS virus.  I am on a cruise in August and I have every intention of still going.  The only way I will not go is if Celebrity cancels or if there are no flights from the US.  I am not afraid of traveling to Europe because the virus is already here in the US.  At this point, you could be exposed anyplace on Earth so you might as well live and enjoy your life.  I refuse to live in fear over something I have no control over.

I could not agree with you more.  We cannot live in fear.  It also is one's personal choice to choose to travel.  I have been getting a lot of back lash from friends and co-workers about this, but I have also received a lot of support from friends and co-workers as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SavvyAdam said:

I am really glad you posted this. 

Setting sail on Silhouette on Sunday and still planning on going unless the US Border is completed closed (I am from Canada) or Celebrity cancels between now and Sunday. 

Happy Cursing Everyone ! 

Oh, dear!  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

OPTIMISTS UNITE!

image-asset.jpeg.aa56d2df5b79d96510b535623c253096.jpeg

Best visual so far.  Wishing it will go away won't work.  Time  to get tough and work   as a  world Community to  limit the damage from this plague! I'm optimistic that we will!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m still going!!!! Unless celebrity cancel it for me, I will be onboard at end of May! I’m healthy and I will take extra precautions, but I am determined not to let the possible threat of isolation or virus dictate my holiday plans!!

I’m not reading the mixed information available online. If they haven’t shut the country down by then, I’ll be off!! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Debbiem83 said:

I’m still going!!!! Unless celebrity cancel it for me, I will be onboard at end of May! I’m healthy and I will take extra precautions, but I am determined not to let the possible threat of isolation or virus dictate my holiday plans!!

I’m not reading the mixed information available online. If they haven’t shut the country down by then, I’ll be off!! 

That was exactly how I felt.  The bit that worries me more than getting sick is that the ship can't dock in some of the places it is due to visit.  That can happen any time but a cruise is a lot of money and the risk of missing some of the key ports is too great.  Final payment not due until 3rd April but it doesn't look good.