Will Allure be AMPED?

On 7/14/2020 at 4:45 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

Received my e-mail for final payment on Oct 25 Presidents cruise.  Can't see shelling out the balance and having to keep playing the wait and see game.  L&S is not in the cards right now so it looks like FCC is what it will have to be.  

Same here. Just not going to happen. I guess we have to call for FCC if not booked through a TA. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 12:41 AM, Smiles1984 said:

I'd be thrilled if she stayed near Bournemouth, Empress has been here for a while, keep hoping to see Majesty.

Allure looked great leaving Southampton the other day:

I got my wish, she's hanging around off the Bournemouth coast now. Empress and Majesty have been here for a while now but Majesty is rarely close enough to shore to see.

IMG_20200725_174150.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Cosmic Rays said:

She may as well sail tomorrow as all European cruises, including the TA on the 31st October from Barcelona to Miami, have now all been cancelled..........

True but Majesty has been here for months, she never had any European sailings planned at all... 

Really there is no reason for her to head back to the US until cruising is actually going to resume is there?

16 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

True but Majesty has been here for months, she never had any European sailings planned at all... 

Really there is no reason for her to head back to the US until cruising is actually going to resume is there?

As long as she can avoid the cold weather to protect Central Park.

• 5 months later...

Allure has been in Port Canaveral -- workers boarded -- heavy equipment and other stuff has been loaded -- she is still in Port C but Marine Traffic has her sailing to Coco Cay -- workers could do upgrades to satisfy the CDC Conditional Sail Order while at sea I think.  Hoping these upgrades are being done.  🤞

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Dying to know if any amps were performed when Allure was in Europe (mostly anchored off of England) or whether any AMPs being doing now.  

No amps performed in Europe.  They just worked on the azipods.  Then before they left they did some work on the lifeboats.  

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

No amps performed in Europe.  They just worked on the azipods.  Then before they left they did some work on the lifeboats.  

That's what I read earlier -- hope they are keeping the Diamond Lounge on Deck 11.  It is bigger than the DL on Deck 4 where it was supposed to go (that's where it is on Harmony) and we booked staterooms on Deck 11 for all 3 of our Allure cruises

5 hours ago, Heymarco said:

No more amps for any of the ships at least until Royal is profitable again. It unfortunately just doesn’t make sense right now. They first need to keep enough cash to not go bankrupt.

I agree that the most important decision factor for RCI is to have enough cash to not go bankrupt.  

See previous post -- hoping that DL is still on Deck 11 as they didn't convert this area into cabins.  

26 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

That's what I read earlier -- hope they are keeping the Diamond Lounge on Deck 11.  It is bigger than the DL on Deck 4 where it was supposed to go (that's where it is on Harmony) and we booked staterooms on Deck 11 for all 3 of our Allure cruises

That would be a big move for no reason if they didn't add cabins to the deck 11 location.  There is no way they would have moved it.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That would be a big move for no reason if they didn't add cabins to the deck 11 location.  There is no way they would have moved it.

So in your opinion, the DL stays on Deck 11 -- that's what we're hoping.  We use it for drinks in the evening and also like the continental breakfast and coffee.  The DL space on deck 11 is bigger than Deck 4 even if they add another room like the Jazz Club -- they did this on Harmony.  This would be good with Social Distancing.  

Just now, SherriZ366 said:

So in your opinion, the DL stays on Deck 11 -- that's what we're hoping.  We use it for drinks in the evening and also like the continental breakfast and coffee.  The DL space on deck 11 is bigger than Deck 4 even if they add another room like the Jazz Club -- they did this on Harmony.  This would be good with Social Distancing.  

I cannot see any reason to move it unless they are putting cabins or a restaurant on 11 and we know that didn't happen

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

And our cabins for all of our Allure sailings are on Deck 11.  

20 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

It remains to be seen if and when the DL will be available in its pre-covid format. There was a previous thread about the having a number of drinks loaded on your card each day instead. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Perhaps social distancing becomes less of an issue if RCI requires vaccinations for everyone aboard.

That said, the DL on deck 11 is awesome. I very much doubt that it would have been moved since the only thing planned for the space were cabins that didn't happen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Allure has been in Port Canaveral -- workers boarded -- heavy equipment and other stuff has been loaded -- she is still in Port C but Marine Traffic has her sailing to Coco Cay -- workers could do upgrades to satisfy the CDC Conditional Sail Order while at sea I think.  Hoping these upgrades are being done.  🤞

Maybe doing things to Coco Cay🤔