Epic not in PR

AK Dreaming

3 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

Anyone have an update from the Epic?  Supposed to be in Puerto Rico this morning?

PR turned away freedom of the seas even though freedom was suppose to end their cruise in pr today, even though pr is freedoms home port, WOW.   PR not letting any cruiseships, closed to cruiseships

Celebrity Summit is going to Ft. Lauderdale

Carnival Fascination is going to Miami

Royal Carib Freedom of the Seas is going to Miami

Majority of these passengers are Puerto Ricans that will now need to fly home

On board the Epic now; we got woken up at 6;30am with the captain announcing that the National Guard closed the San Juan port - we could have docked but would have had to spend 3 days in quarantine. Captain/NCL decided to divert to Port Canaveral instead of doing quarantine. We’re expected to arrive Tuesday.

Drink packages have been extended and we’ve been given 60 min of free wifi per cabin to make new flight arrangements, overall mood is okay, long lines for Internet cafe.

• Like 1

On board the Epic now; we got woken up at 6;30am with the captain announcing that the National Guard closed the San Juan port - we could have docked but would have had to spend 3 days in quarantine. Captain/NCL decided to divert to Port Canaveral instead of doing quarantine. We’re expected to arrive Tuesday.

Drink packages have been extended and we’ve been given 60 min of free wifi per cabin to make new flight arrangements, overall mood is okay, long lines for Internet cafe.

Than you! Do you know when you are expecting to be in Orlando on Tuesday? I need to pick up someone on that ship and I’m having trouble reaching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They haven’t told us yet the arrival time, but said they would later today. Ship wifi is stupidly slow (they say there’re readjusting the satellite) to point I still haven’t been able to adjust my flights; and the line for the Internet Cafe is loooooooong, as is the line to make free phone calls.

And yet they kept the free access to CC up, so... [shrug]

I've heard 9am but no idea who said it. The free internet is near impossible to use. I finally got through at 1230 with my friend getting it at 1130. Crazy long lines at guest services and internet cafe but otherwise seems like just another day - everything operating as normal. I'm not sure if they've finished redeliverying luggage yet.

59 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

Celebrity Summit is going to Ft. Lauderdale

Carnival Fascination is going to Miami

Royal Carib Freedom of the Seas is going to Miami

Majority of these passengers are Puerto Ricans that will now need to fly home

Looks like they will need to anchor off the FL coast as both ports are full. Miami currently has no less than 8 ships docked plus one in anchorage. FLL (PEV) has 6 plus one in anchorage.

Edited by bluesea777

1 minute ago, AK Dreaming said:

Are they telling you what time you can book your flights?

Not yet.  They're still not sure when they're going to dock.  She doesn't think it will happen until at least Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.

"Tests have confirmed three cases of the new coronavirus in Puerto Rico, the first for the U.S. territory, Gov. Wanda Vazquez said Friday night.

She also announced that the public school system would close for 14 days and that no cruise ships or the ferry from the Dominican Republic would be allowed to dock.

Officials said the first case was a 68-year-old Italian woman who arrived Sunday on the Costa Luminosa cruise ship and had symptoms consistent with the virus. She was taken to a hospital in San Juan and a test confirmed she is infected with coronavirus.

Her 70-year-old husband also was found to be infected.

https://apnews.com/15b3086be86fc9d9c258c2576b670671

8 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Are they telling you what time you can book your flights?

It's been Tues at 9/10am arrival at port Canaveral since this morning. Who knows if that'll change in the morning. (It's my home port so admittedly I haven't talked to staff regarding flights.) I've heard murmuring that we're stopping in the Bahamas tomorrow for fuel, but haven't personally heard that from crew.

Operations as normal on ship all day long with no indication Monday will be different. Well at least besides issues with the internet.

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

Ha! We were just wondering if we get extra points or not! Couldn't remember what happened during the hurricane cruises. 

Did not get any extra points for the 4 extra days on the Gem during Sandy in 2012, but got free food and entertainment.

13 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

"Tests have confirmed three cases of the new coronavirus in Puerto Rico, the first for the U.S. territory, Gov. Wanda Vazquez said Friday night.

She also announced that the public school system would close for 14 days and that no cruise ships or the ferry from the Dominican Republic would be allowed to dock.

Officials said the first case was a 68-year-old Italian woman who arrived Sunday on the Costa Luminosa cruise ship and had symptoms consistent with the virus. She was taken to a hospital in San Juan and a test confirmed she is infected with coronavirus.

Her 70-year-old husband also was found to be infected.

https://apnews.com/15b3086be86fc9d9c258c2576b670671

Starting at 9PM yesterday  - all schools are closed as are businesses except grocery stores, pharmacies,  medical supply stores, gas stations, and banks.   People can only go out to get supplies from 5AM to 9PM.  After 9PM only people who are considered essential are allowed out.  Could face up to 6 months in jail and/or fine of $5k.  There are now 5 confirmed cases.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Looks like they will need to anchor off the FL coast as both ports are full. Miami currently has no less than 8 ships docked plus one in anchorage. FLL (PEV) has 6 plus one in anchorage.

They've been rotating out of port each day.  

We got an update from the captain just before lunch; he says we’re on schedule to arrive near Port Canaveral and get the pilot on board around 9am tomorrow and expected to be docked and ready for customs inspection by 10am. We’re to get more info on disembarkation procedures tonight, but for now, they say no extraordinary procedures (E.g. temperature check or other health screening) have been communicated to them. 

The captain said the Epic has no suspected coronavirus cases on board (despite the fact that people continue to cough right into their hands all the time, including in the buffet — that’s my observation, not the captain’s 😒)

They are arranging free buses to transfer us all to the Orlando airport.