Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

The first week I was in hospital, all the staff had masks and the patients didn’t.

After a couple of days at the rehab, all the staff had to also wear face shields. Patients then had to wear masks when out of their rooms. Even for physio etc.  and we couldn’t hear anyone and they couldn’t hear us.

Been to my private physio and gp in the last couple of days, both with masks and shields. In Vic, we have to wear masks of course.

Not a great thought about how to have a holiday.

37 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

The DW and I were discussing this very point the other day. After starting to wear the masks when shopping, there is no way I would want to wear them all day. 😷 I take my hat off to the hospital staff that have to wear them all day. 👏

Yep, an hour and a half shopping once a week is enough mask time for me.

45 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The first week I was in hospital, all the staff had masks and the patients didn’t.

After a couple of days at the rehab, all the staff had to also wear face shields. Patients then had to wear masks when out of their rooms. Even for physio etc.  and we couldn’t hear anyone and they couldn’t hear us.

Been to my private physio and gp in the last couple of days, both with masks and shields. In Vic, we have to wear masks of course.

Not a great thought about how to have a holiday.

I am very sorry to hear that. My aunt has just passed away from Corona last week.. At first we thought it had something to do with her age and heart problems but it turned out she choked due to high temperature and lung failure due to Covid infection. People, please be carefull these days and respect the security of both yourself and others. Wish everyone is safe and healthy  

12 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I am very sorry to hear that. My aunt has just passed away from Corona last week.. At first we thought it had something to do with her age and heart problems but it turned out she choked due to high temperature and lung failure due to Covid infection. People, please be carefull these days and respect the security of both yourself and others. Wish everyone is safe and healthy  

My condolences, Roger88. 

It is a very scary time indeed.

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Very sorry to hear that news.

I was there for much delayed surgery, and really appreciate the efforts to keep us safe. 

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

That’s awful Roger, I hope she’s on that big cruise ship in the sky.

You and your friends take care also.

Still hopeful cruising will begin again.

Certainly there are some cruises, now albeit short ones.

A couple we know are booked on the Murray Princess soon, only 3 nights and not exactly luxury but its something.

The mask situation would not be 24/7 surely?

Only in public areas or if you cannot social distance? 

Not sure how people manage to eat/drink with masks?

In places like Qatar and Dubai discreetly lift the face covering to eat.  

Such chaos at present we all need something to look forward too.

9 hours ago, drsel said:

Any world Cruise would be the most risky.
in fact most Cruise lines will opt for shorter cruisers until the virus is controlled or a vaccine is available freely

Many Ports will not permit cruise ships to enter, anyway.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

I can’t see a world cruise happen for a long time . I think we will be lucky to see regional cruises for another year at least.

Even if ports allowed the ships to call , there would still be problems with passengers going ashore. If I remember correctly , one WC called at Hobart last season and the Captain would not let anyone ashore due to a Covoid case in town at the time .

31 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Even if ports allowed the ships to call , there would still be problems with passengers going ashore. If I remember correctly , one WC called at Hobart last season and the Captain would not let anyone ashore due to a Covoid case in town at the time .

I think what MSC is doing where you can only leave the ship on a ship excursion under controlled circumstances is what we will see.

Hey ,it will be good for profits.

42 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yes, I recall a member of staff got off in Hobart from that ship, but no passengers on or off.  

25 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think what MSC is doing where you can only leave the ship on a ship excursion under controlled circumstances is what we will see.

The shorex's are included in the fare for those cruises to ensure compliance. Even still some do not want to follow the rules.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The shorex's are included in the fare for those cruises to ensure compliance. Even still some do not want to follow the rules.

Yes. The shorex’s have been heavily reduced and subsidised. I don’t think they are an inclusion but I read that you could book all 3 offered on one of the MSC cruises for  €100 .

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

But not popular with passengers.

MSC just pushed back the restart date for one ship out of Italy due to lack of demand with these sailings.

35 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yes. The shorex’s have been heavily reduced and subsidised. I don’t think they are an inclusion but I read that you could book all 3 offered on one of the MSC cruises for  €100 .

I might be getting confused with the Costa cruise and it's shorex. I had read that a family was kicked off the ship for straying from the shorex (which people were only allowed off for).