Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

They certainly wont be getting any of my cash for such a proposal - would you pay a deposit for an "off the plan" Apartment - in an Apartment building which may or may not be built in 2022??? 

No!  I know of no successful off the plan purchases.  I was surprised how expensive the deposit amounts got.  Surely it should be a token amount to hold the booking until closer to departure date, when it is know ship will be cruising.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bazzaw said:

They certainly wont be getting any of my cash for such a proposal - would you pay a deposit for an "off the plan" Apartment - in an Apartment building which may or may not be built in 2022??? 

Depends on the price and the cancellation conditions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Have you read the new CDC GUIDELINE UPDATE. - huge distinction between vaccinated & unvaccinated: 

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/6150/

Very interesting 🤔

And then there's this:

'Florida, home to the largest operators and busiest cruise ports in the world, has passed a law saying those companies are not allowed to ask passengers for proof of vaccination status.'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/05/28/florida-governor-cruise-desantis-vaccine/

Also, I hear that in the US there's no official government record of who is vaccinated. How do they prove their vaccination status without an official document?

36 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Also, I hear that in the US there's no official government record of who is vaccinated. How do they prove their vaccination status without an official document?

Apparently you get some sort of card and if you don't the health insurance has a record you can obtain and apparently some have some sort of e Health thing you can log into or the place you had your vaccine is suppose to forward the record to your primary care physician. There are so many threads around CC of posters asking how to obtain their records, it is quite interesting reading how convoluted it can be and you do wonder why America doesn't simplify it with some federally issued certificate. I don't really understand this fear of the government knowing you're vaccinated. 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

Apparently you get some sort of card and if you don't the health insurance has a record you can obtain and apparently some have some sort of e Health thing you can log into or the place you had your vaccine is suppose to forward the record to your primary care physician. There are so many threads around CC of posters asking how to obtain their records, it is quite interesting reading how convoluted it can be and you do wonder why America doesn't simplify it with some federally issued certificate. I don't really understand the fear of the government knowing your vaccinated. 

Sounds complicated. Maybe we should all go back to the old vaccine record books people talk about.

• Like 1

Apparently the majority did receive a CDC vaccination card and there are many other types of proof. I think in Canada most have a wallet card with the date and type of vaccine, extremely easy to counterfeit. It is what it is, right now I have it in my wallet so I'm sure I have it when I get my second dose. After that it goes with my passport.

In another twist to recognition of vaccinations overseas:

London: Australians vaccinated overseas are urging the government to clarify if their COVID vaccination status will be recognised, after the head of Home Affairs suggested only citizens vaccinated in Australia would one day be allowed to quarantine at home.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/utter-confusion-australians-vaccinated-abroad-push-for-fair-go-20210528-p57w5o.html

Am I having a senior's moment...... A thought the Vaccine didn't stop you getting Covid-19    but reduced the effect of it buy a long way.....

So it that it right... Covid could to spread all over the place... only really showing up when it meets an unvaccinated person....

Maybe time for a lie down.....   Don

33 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Am I having a senior's moment...... A thought the Vaccine didn't stop you getting Covid-19    but reduced the effect of it buy a long way.....

So it that it right... Covid could to spread all over the place... only really showing up when it meets an unvaccinated person....

Maybe time for a lie down.....   Don

It doesn't stop you getting it and, yes, it does reduce the severity. It also reduces the likelihood of passing it on to someone else by a significant amount but not completely. It would be unlikely to spread all over the place but a close contact who wasn't vaccinated might catch it directly from the vacvinated person..

• Like 1

I'm from the US and have been following this line of conversations because we are hoping to travel by cruise to Australia and New Zealand early next year.  Love your conversations and speculations.  FYI - the US unfortunately is a country divided because of political views and those trying to jockey for the 2024 presidential race (Florida) do things that he believes the former president wants.  With that said my hope is that the cruise lines prevail!!! Cruises to Alaska will resume this summer. Cruises to Greece will resume as will the Caribbean.  Yes a card was issued but there is now talk of some type of vaccination passport in order to travel internationally. My glass is always half full and I hope that politics aside we Americans can get our act together and come together for the respect and safety of each other.  We are so ready - as are many of you - to get back to traveling the world - preferably by cruising.  Stay safe and hope for Australia and New Zealand to reopen sooner than stated. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Hygge! said:

I'm from the US and have been following this line of conversations because we are hoping to travel by cruise to Australia and New Zealand early next year.  Love your conversations and speculations.  FYI - the US unfortunately is a country divided because of political views and those trying to jockey for the 2024 presidential race (Florida) do things that he believes the former president wants.  With that said my hope is that the cruise lines prevail!!! Cruises to Alaska will resume this summer. Cruises to Greece will resume as will the Caribbean.  Yes a card was issued but there is now talk of some type of vaccination passport in order to travel internationally. My glass is always half full and I hope that politics aside we Americans can get our act together and come together for the respect and safety of each other.  We are so ready - as are many of you - to get back to traveling the world - preferably by cruising.  Stay safe and hope for Australia and New Zealand to reopen sooner than stated. 

I think you raised a good point that the cruise lines prevail.

That they survive and retain the product we have enjoyed.

Its going to be a long time before things are back the way they were.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

SBS News this morning said India is going to pause export of Covid vaccine as it doesn't have enough to vaccine its own population.

People who live in crowded slums of India don't have the virus.  They think because they have built up a resistance to germs.  A doctor who treats people in slums said covid patients come from outside the slums.  Interesting fact!

58 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

SBS News this morning said India is going to pause export of Covid vaccine as it doesn't have enough to vaccine its own population.

People who live in crowded slums of India don't have the virus.  They think because they have built up a resistance to germs.  A doctor who treats people in slums said covid patients come from outside the slums.  Interesting fact!

Next hot spot is Vietnam,only 1% has been vaccinated and there’s a hybrid of the pomie and Indian virus .

which they are calling the hamburger with the lot.

Vietnam has had only 57 deaths and has been one of the best in containing it But the new one is out of control.

Its not over yet.

Something I can see coming  .

With all these ships in the USA starting there’s going to be a Ruby Princess.

Then we will be back to square one.

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I hope you are wrong  but fear you may be right.

I think they are just going at it to fast and our American friends just don’t have the discipline.

Look at Florida,cruise line’s can’t ask the passengers if they have been vaccinated.

Its going to happen and it’s all going to turn to mud.

• Like 1