Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I really can't see our governments allowing a restart with a ship the size of Ovation - Radiance maybe. 

My guess now is the first mass market cruise line that will be allowed to operate will be P&O starting with its smaller ships. Luxury lines might also be allowed in.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I really can't see our governments allowing a restart with a ship the size of Ovation - Radiance maybe. 

My guess now is the first mass market cruise line that will be allowed to operate will be P&O starting with its smaller ships. Luxury lines might also be allowed in.

Well reading what the QLD premier said ,Julie.

She said small cruises .That could be small ships or small coastal cruises.

Royal have 2 ships that are ready for work Quantam and Ovation.
Large ships at 40% capacity,say every second balcony.Would be better that a small ship at 90% .

Radiance is currently in Cadiz dry dock  with basic crew and would take 3 months to prepare and crew.
‘Currently it suppose to start in Alaska April 2022 and probably could start here early next year.

I don’t know if a P&O ship would be ready before the new year.

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But not as good as  small ship at 40% capacity. 🤔😋

They would have to have a lot of small ships to satisfy the pent up demand.

When cruises do start ,they are going to be busy as people will be staying close to home.
I don’t want to travel overseas for a couple of years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

It's a shame the person who wrote that article didn't do a little more research into what is happening with the resumption of cruising in the rest of the world, what protocols the cruise lines are using, and how the very few cases detected onboard were handled. Then it could have bern a very strong article rather than essentially a puff piece. But at least it did mention a number of reasons why cruising is so popular with so many people.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a shame the person who wrote that article didn't do a little more research into what is happening with the resumption of cruising in the rest of the world, what protocols the cruise lines are using, and how the very few cases detected onboard were handled. Then it could have bern a very strong article rather than essentially a puff piece. But at least it did mention a number of reasons why cruising is so popular with so many people.

I get very frustrated with these poor reports too, but then I remember it's the editors who proof read the piece. Last I checked, most editors report to the shareholders of the relevant media trust.

Now, let me put my tin-foil hat on. *I wonder* if you're shorting millions of dollars in leisure stocks... is it in your interests to tell editors to be positive, or negative, about cruising? CCL, NCL, Royal Carribean... they're all publicly traded companies.

Let me take my hat off.

The numbers speak for themselves. Hundreds of thousands of passengers onboard cruises everywhere, without a massive outbreak. Can we say this about airline travel? No, in fact, at one point most cases into Australia were from vaccinated international passengers travelling via air.

If they continue to restrain public activity, holidays, etc, there'll be people questioning why they took the vaccine in the first place, and more riots.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

Can we say this about airline travel? No, in fact, at one point most cases into Australia were from vaccinated international passengers travelling via air

But … don’t hear anything about people actually contracting Covid on planes, just arriving plane passengers testing positive.

And have these been ‘vaccinated International passengers’? 

I think the assumption is that overseas passengers arriving with Covid contracted it either before they left or during transit. I vaguely recall one or two instances where it could have been possible that someone contracted it on a flight but that has been downplayed for some reason. 

• Like 1

Singapore has some of the highest vaccination rates and things aren’t perfect.

82% fully vaccinated I believe and after opening up they are going back to restrictions.

https://www.sgcruisesociety.com/blog/qn-backto2-iniobs-0921?fbclid=IwAR1sSxVGbMVHMSkcL1t9uLScg5FR_u6MBtfd0KS1c_NLM7AyFAtalA6UCFg

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Singapore has some of the highest vaccination rates and things aren’t perfect.

82% fully vaccinated I believe and after opening up they are going back to restrictions.

https://www.sgcruisesociety.com/blog/qn-backto2-iniobs-0921?fbclid=IwAR1sSxVGbMVHMSkcL1t9uLScg5FR_u6MBtfd0KS1c_NLM7AyFAtalA6UCFg

I do wonder if part of the problem is a large population crammed into a small geographical area with many housed in large apartment blocks? When you also consider there are many short term workers who come via road by bus and car from Malaysia and that doesn't have such a high vaccination rate, only 62% double vaxxed.

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

I do wonder if part of the problem is a large population crammed into a small geographical area with many housed in large apartment blocks? When you also consider there are many short term workers who come via road by bus and car from Malaysia and that doesn't have such a high vaccination rate, only 62% double vaxxed.

On my many visits, there seems to be a large Indian labour force.

• Like 1

Hi

i saw a program recently on the workforce from other countries that are in Singapore.

they live in accommodation that is separate from Singaporean and are only allowed out to go to work and then bused back to the accommodation.  I think they are having a very hard time and have recently been busing some to their religious churches because they are suffering so badly.

I doubt it is these people who are causing the outbreak as they are virtually not allowed out except to be bused to the worksite and back.  I think they are probably all vaccinated.   A pretty terrible existence!!

Eileen

57 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

i saw a program recently on the workforce from other countries that are in Singapore.

they live in accommodation that is separate from Singaporean and are only allowed out to go to work and then bused back to the accommodation.  I think they are having a very hard time and have recently been busing some to their religious churches because they are suffering so badly.

I doubt it is these people who are causing the outbreak as they are virtually not allowed out except to be bused to the worksite and back.  I think they are probably all vaccinated.   A pretty terrible existence!!

Eileen

Dirt cheap labour.  Slavery almost.

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The speculation on some forums is sydney is open for business and our premier will make a announcement at 1:00

I think her announcement will about her being investigated by the ICAC. Maybe stepping down whilst they conduct their investigation, is more likely announcement IMHO.🤔

4 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I think her announcement will about her being investigated by the ICAC. Maybe stepping down whilst they conduct their investigation, is more likely announcement IMHO.🤔

I think you're right. I can't imagine her changing the roadmap for opening up when we're still below 70% double-vaccinated.

24 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

You where right!

Edited by Chiliburn

7 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Glady has stood down.

Resigned, subject of ICAC Investigation.  She should have stayed on and fought the allegations as she is a great Premier .

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1