Canadian borders now closed

A couple of the major points:

Our borders are closed to all international travelers/non-residents, except Americans

Only 4 airports open to international flights (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal).

Self quarantine a must

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Plum Happy said:

Just think, their Public Health person was on TV giving reasons why closing down the border wasn't  necessary on Friday.  🙃

Then they saw how many Americans don't believe there is a problem and are ignoring recommendations.  (Flame suit on.)  This as I am sitting at home hoping I have enough food for the duration.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, breezy_carol said:

Then they saw how many Americans don't believe there is a problem and are ignoring recommendations.  (Flame suit on.)  This as I am sitting at home hoping I have enough food for the duration.

Guessing you also bought 200 rolls of toilet paper.  My supermarket is sold out.

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

A couple of the major points:

Our borders are closed to all international travelers/non-residents, except Americans

Only 4 airports open to international flights (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal).

Self quarantine a must

Canadian citizens, permanent residents, family of permanent residents and US citizens.  So how do you prove or disprove you are a family member of a permanent resident?  The Boy King does it again! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

It's time we close the border between Canada and the USA for awhile as well. 

That would upset some of my Canadian friends in Vancouver who drive down to our Costco to stock up on goodies.  😉 🍷

On 3/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, Magicat said:

Canadian citizens, permanent residents, family of permanent residents and US citizens.  So how do you prove or disprove you are a family member of a permanent resident?  The Boy King does it again! 

If you don't/can't prove it you don't come in, that's my guess. 

The CBC is reporting this morning that Canada and the USA are finalizing a deal to close their shared boarder and that the details could be worked out as early as today (Wednesday).  This is historic.   Tourists and shoppers from either side will be stopped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, workingboy said:

The CBC is reporting this morning that Canada and the USA are finalizing a deal to close their shared boarder and that the details could be worked out as early as today (Wednesday).  This is historic.   Tourists and shoppers from either side will be stopped.

I heard the same report.

The border will be closed to almost everything except commercial.  Trucks, rail etc will be allowed, but no cross border shopping and visiting.

Change DW's home bound flight from April 21 to Monday.  It might have been a bit premature to do that given it is still 4 or so weeks away.  But the way airlines are stopping flights and borders are closing, we decided it would be the best for her to go early.  I'm staying for now.  Let's see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Mapleleafforever said:

It's time we close the border between Canada and the USA for awhile as well. 

Boom, Done!    Except for deliveries of supplies and goods.  

My concern is for a Canadian friend who is traveling by car back from Florida to her home in Canada.  Hoping she has no trouble crossing back into Canada with the quarantine notes on the closure.  

On 3/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, suesnake2002 said:

There is a cruise outta bayonne june first. Doing a new england and canada. 11day. Prices are good. But where will we really go?? 

There is one before that.  The first NE/Canada cruise out of Bayonne this year is scheduled for 15 May and we're booked on it,  but have no illusions it's going to happen.

5 hours ago, rsfunk said:

My concern is for a Canadian friend who is traveling by car back from Florida to her home in Canada.  Hoping she has no trouble crossing back into Canada with the quarantine notes on the closure.  

Canadians are being let back home with no problems. I wish her safe travels. 

6 hours ago, rsfunk said:

47 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Canadians are being let back home with no problems. I wish her safe travels. 

There are a lot of Canadian snowbirds in the U.S. right now.  Yes, they are still allowed across the border but Trudeau warned that might not last very long.