for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

6 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Our granddaughter arrived early yesterday morning.  All is well, labor went quickly for a first baby and our DIL pushed her out in 6 minutes! She exercised throughout her pregnancy including squats and all so we wonder if that helped. Asked the kids how everyone was  today and the answer was “tired, tired, and full of poop”! Waiting to hear how the first meeting of our grand daughter and our grand cat goes. This cat is used to getting all the attention......ie-we fly 2000 miles to take care of her when the kids are traveling. Good thing for her that we can fly stand by😸 
Sharon

Congrats to you and your son and DIL!! 🍾🥂

A grand-cat is great but a grand-daughter is something entirely different. 👶

Congratulations Sharon!  A previous new grandchild!  Expect the cat’s nose to be a bit out of joint with the new baby. I love a quick delivery, so much less stress on baby & mom. Exercise during pregnancy definitely helps. Melody

On 3/12/2021 at 3:21 PM, purduemom1 said:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Our granddaughter arrived early yesterday morning.  All is well, labor went quickly for a first baby and our DIL pushed her out in 6 minutes! She exercised throughout her pregnancy including squats and all so we wonder if that helped. Asked the kids how everyone was  today and the answer was “tired, tired, and full of poop”! Waiting to hear how the first meeting of our grand daughter and our grand cat goes. This cat is used to getting all the attention......ie-we fly 2000 miles to take care of her when the kids are traveling. Good thing for her that we can fly stand by😸 
Sharon

Congratulations! Being Grandma is my favorite role in life.

I spent the majority of today organizing my craft/sewing/SheShack space. I'm not done yet, but at least I can find a good chunk of my sewing and Cricut supplies. Now all I need to do is get into the closet and organize all my fabric so I can find it and actually sew!

And exciting news for me too. My older daughter and grandson were supposed to come for Christmas, but cancelled because all the numbers looked so bad and were worsening. She texted me and my younger daughter and asked if she could come for Easter and the following week. Yay! I get both daughters and grands. The only drawback is that I still have to work, but I'll have all four in the same place at the same time for the first time in nearly two years. I. Can't. Wait. Plus, younger daughter is vaccinated, and older will be by the time she gets here, along with her boyfriend.

• Like 2

Hi @Lois R -- I was wondering if you would mind dropping me a line at cruisemom 42 @ gmail.com. (close up all the spaces).  I wanted to ask you about your experiences on Silversea.  I am looking for a good Black Sea itinerary and none of the other cruise lines offer a full circumnavigation of the area.

I considered them one time before for this same cruise -- they had great pricing for solo travelers. Now, I'm not finding such a great deal for solos, but after seeing their itinerary all the other ones are so disappointing...

Lois, Sherri, Anita, cruisemom42, Melody And PurpleHays, thank you for the congrats. Very excited to start this new adventure. 

Lois, thanks for explaining the use and meaning of Mazel Tov. Until now I have only  heard it used at the end of a marriage ceremony. 

Melody, yes the cat is, as of this morning, quite annoyed with it all.

PurpleHays ( I wish I could remember your name), how great it will be to celebrate Easter with your family. 2 years is a long time, no wonder  you can’t wait! 

We got a bit carried away when we stopped at a nursery and couldn’t resist purchasing bedding plants. The selection was so extensive that it was hard to choose. Today I worked on several pots that needed spring plants and DH started on the front yard flower beds. We have a long way to go! 

Time to turn the clocks ahead-ugh!

Sharon

• Like 1

Happy pi day. In honor I’m making a blueberry pie & a cherry pie.

Our son, who is living with us (until his house sells & he can get another house, divorce) is out shoveling again. Not too bad, only about 8-10” so far, still snowing. It’s high moisture snow which is great for water table & tough on the back. Parts of Colorado are measuring this snow in feet, we’re lucky here on  most of Front Range under a foot mist places. Melody

15 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

PurpleHays ( I wish I could remember your name), how great it will be to celebrate Easter with your family. 2 years is a long time, no wonder  you can’t wait! 

Ha! I don't use it much here, and I do envy that y'all have been on this thread since the beginning and know each other's names. It's Christy.

I' sooooo excited that I can't stand myself. My grandson was 8 and almost as tall as me the last time I saw him (July or August of 2019?), so I'm sure he's taller than me at almost 11. Then again, his Mom is 5'9", her father is 6'4", and his father is 6'10". Yes, that's 6'10"! He comes by it honestly.

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Well, the snow has definitely picked up. We’re about 16” now & still coming sideways!

WOW....hope you will stay safe and warm!........it was almost 80 here today...........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Ha! I don't use it much here, and I do envy that y'all have been on this thread since the beginning and know each other's names. It's Christy.

I' sooooo excited that I can't stand myself. My grandson was 8 and almost as tall as me the last time I saw him (July or August of 2019?), so I'm sure he's taller than me at almost 11. Then again, his Mom is 5'9", her father is 6'4", and his father is 6'10". Yes, that's 6'10"! He comes by it honestly.

I can understand your excitement, Christy.  We haven’t seen our oldest grandson since March, 2019. He was 13 then and about an inch taller than me, I am 5’ 8”.  He is now15 and over 6 ft.  Plus, he has a beard!😂😂😂.  When we have FaceTimed with him, it is like talking to a different person. It makes me sad that we have lost this time with him.

I am glad you will get to spend time with your grandson!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

So did any of you watch Stanley in Italy tonight? He went to Tuscany.....I want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I loved it. Especially the wine crawl. Now I will have to look for those windows next time I am in Florence. I also thought the first segment, about his family, was very personal and touching -- explains a lot about his love for Italy and for Italian food.

The bistecca fiorentina -- that took me back to last visit there with DS. We split one of those monster steaks along with perfectly roasted potatoes, all drizzled with that year's olive oil bottled only a few days before. Mmmm.... I am making myself hungry.

I also like that he doesn't really like the bread in Florence. Nor do I. Without salt it is just tasteless, kind of like sawdust. But good for topping with other things (bruschetta).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Christy, it must be so hard to wait so hoping the time passes quickly and you will be with your grandchildren. Sounds like your grandson will be quite tall with all the tall genes he must have inherited.

Sherri, I hope that you too will soon have the opportunity to be with your grandson. I can understand the feeling of lost time. So very sad.
Sharon

• Like 1

Lois, oh no more delivery delays! BTW, that pie looks soo good! I watched most of tonight’s Stanley Tucci  episode. Interesting about the bread with bland flavor and yet it is used in many creative ways. Sounds like cruisemom42 is ready for another visit..........

Melody, I hope your weather clears up soon. Your pies sound delicious. I also baked today-well kinda and it wasn’t pie. I made a blood orange cake from a Trader Joe’s mix. It is quite good and DH really liked it. 

Well here we are in the middle of March. I can’t help but think back to one year ago and the beginning of all the Covid restrictions but mostly all the unknowns. So glad that it appears  the end is in sight. I do hope that there are no unhappy surprises ahead. Take care all.

Sharon

• Like 1

Good morning,  not sure if any of you noticed this but the date Kat started this thread is 1 year

ago THIS WEEK!...........

Cynthia, I loved that part about the wine windows too!   And, I want to thank you

for posting that level headed reply onto that poll question.......I know I should

not be surprised when some folks put their "know it all attitude" onto the 

rest of us but it still makes me nuts.........thanks for responding like a

real adult👍

• Like 3

Snowmageddon is on its way out. 18” here, lots of drifts & 10 degrees. Our one daughter has 30”. Other daughter has 26”. Daughter with 26” her husband has a commercial landscaping company. He took his big plow (he has 22 trucks) & plowed & sanded their hill (they live at the top of a hill on a cul d sac), his neighbors were outside cheering him!  Our son shoveled us out 6 times yesterday to stay ahead of it, it’s that nasty concrete snow. & more snow expected tomorrow. Melody

• Like 1