for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

35 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Happy Happy Birthday @Lois R  Hope your lunch was wonderful & dinner too!  &  hopefully you will get to do a make up birthday cruise at some point this year 🙂  Have you thought any more about doing the CA tour?    

Kat, I spend a lot of time daydreaming planning trips.... so I totally understand, I think you need to make yours a reality 🙂  sounds like you have all the camping gear, & your 2nd shot is scheduled soon, right?  

Sherri, what a wonderful surprise!   We're feeling more & more confident about doing things...  also thinking that the second half of this year people will be going crazy trying to travel & do things, so probably good to plan or do now if possible...anyway, congrats on your upcoming vacation!

& I hate to end on on somber note, but the Atlanta shootings are just, well horrifying, & other words I'm not allowed to say on here.  😞

Yep, I have all my camping gear.  I'm upgrading my tent and mattress this year, thanks to the generosity of my owners and guests with their tips.   I have what I call a "hamster wheel" in my brain:  I start with a simple idea of a trip and it spirals into something much bigger. (a simple weekend in New York City for a neice's wedding started morphing into a trip to London and then Paris!!!)    The 2nd shot is on 3/31.   My last day of work for the season is 4/11.  Outside of my trip to So. Utah the week after that, I'm totally free to do whatever and wherever, weather and money dependent.  

I'm horrified about the Georgia shootings.  I don't care what the business was or who worked there - no one deserves to be murdered by a lunatic.   It just keeps going on and on.  

• Like 2

Hi girls, both meals were very good.......dinner I got a surprise.  I was sitting at the bar and 

there was a couple sitting in a booth behind.......I guess they heard me talking to the bartender

and they picked up my tab.....I had no clue. The check was in the glass and then I got ready to

pay and it was gone.  The bartender didn't want to tell me who did it but I made him so I could

at least say Thank you to whoever paid it.....they wished me a Happy Birthday and so now 

I will need to pay it forward sometime soon. 😃

• Like 6

Hi Girls,

I've had some catching up to do. First of all. Happy birthday to Lois🎉. It sounds like you had a good day and how nice of that couple to treat you to dinner. As Debbie said, it’s refreshing to know that there are still those who care for others. I’m sorry to hear about another bed delay. You have a great attitude!

Thank you Debbie and Kat for the good wishes. Can’t wait to see and hold her!

Love cruisemom42’s pictures of Rome and the food pics that Kat posted are just so yummy looking!

Christy, another ridiculous mask incident. Unfortunately, I am afraid that this will become more commonplace as some decide that the pandemic is over. 

Trip planning-aren’t we all anxious to not only plan but also actually go? Sherri has one coming up, what a surprise that must have been. Kat, I hope you GF trip works out for everyone. The c-pap story made me laugh. Not at your friend but at the thought that aging often comes with its own travel restrictions and complications.

Looks  like the vaccine distribution is coming along. Our county is doing well and has a good system set up to help those who can’t book online as well as those with mobility issues that prevent them from getting to a vaccination site. I agree with a Debbie that there are so many sites and so many different sign up procedures that it is confusing for some. 

DS was able to get his first Pfizer on Tuesday. His second dose is scheduled for 4 weeks from now, not 3. He went to a large, midwestern drug store chain  and they explained that they had gotten permission from the CDC to schedule the second Pfizer to match Moderna so that there would be no doubling up on appointments since they can receive either brand. I guess it makes sense but I had not heard of this arrangement before. 

Melody, I hope that you are finally digging out from all the snow. That dog is a real cutie.

Looks like Disneyland will soon open, masks required and with capacity limits and only for CA residents.That just doesn’t seem fair to me.Oh  and no screaming on any of the rides. That will be pretty hard to enforce. .

Some of you may remember my microwave saga from several months ago. The microwave that turned itself on when the door was opened? We bought a new on a few days ago. Since this one is 9 years old we decided it wasn’t worth fixing it. Apparently Lois’s bed isn’t the only item that requires patience. We were told it will be about a month. I guess the lock down has done wonders for.some retailers. Then once it comes in, we have to make arrangements with the installer (it’s a built in). Just hoping he isn’t also backed up. So I’m still using my small, back up microwave. 
Sharon

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, Lois R said:

Good morning🙂.....Sunday is what I was told over the phone but they could not be 100% sure.

The guy said there were 19 others he was calling as well.  Getting upset about it won't get it 

here any faster.

Today I turn 63..........I wish I could have been on a cruise for my birthday........

Guess I will just go out for dinner LOL

My heart goes out to the families in Atlanta........We need to be rid of all this hate☹️

Lois, happy birthday a bit late!!  Hope you found a fun way to celebrate.

image.png.fd8c67bffad731613e6948268030ba39.png

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much.......it is always just another day for me really. I went out for lunch

and for dinner........🙂

Did you get my most recent email?

Well Celebrity & Royal have announced 7-night cruises starting in June. Celebrity homeporting from St Maarten & Royal homeporting from Nassau. You must be fully vaccinated & still have a negative Covid test with 72 hours. Neither if the itineraries go to any US port. 

Happy (belated) birthday, @Lois R! It sounds like you had a good day.

Work has beat us up this week. Wednesday (my Monday) was particularly bad for everyone. I blamed it on DST, which should be done away with. Thursday was better, Friday was best since I was off. Hubby, the DD, and DGD are going to the NC Zoo tomorrow.l I hope it makes me feel better. I. Hate. Time change.

We are planning vacations, but going easy this year. Just going to MO to visit family. Cruise next year. The year after, the hubby wants to do a Rocky Mountain train trip.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much.......it is always just another day for me really. I went out for lunch

and for dinner........🙂

Did you get my most recent email?

Yes, thank you!!  Looking forward to doing some planning this weekend.

Good morning,😃  we had several above normal temps this week and I was in shorts and t's for my morning walks!

It was nearly 65 in the mornings and got up to the high 70s mid day.

This morning it is about 50 but no sun. The weather folks said a Nor easter is supposed to come through (rain, winds, etc.) this weekend.

Whoever asked me about my CA planning? I put it on the back burner for the moment. 

Melody, I bought a box of the mini ice cream cones.........SO GOOD😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,😃  we had several above normal temps this week and I was in shorts and t's for my morning walks!

It was nearly 65 in the mornings and got up to the high 70s mid day.

This morning it is about 50 but no sun. The weather folks said a Nor easter is supposed to come through (rain, winds, etc.) this weekend.

Whoever asked me about my CA planning? I put it on the back burner for the moment. 

Melody, I bought a box of the mini ice cream cones.........SO GOOD😃

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING💐🌷🌞

Lois, we are about 2 1/2 hours south of you so we are a little warmer but, wow, is it windy this morning!  I’m getting ready to go for my morning walk, hoping I don’t get hit by falling palm fronds.

Melody,  I ‘ve never been a fan of Nassau but I am intrigued by the idea of leaving from St. Martin as it is one of my favorite islands.  Depending on how early cruises go, maybe in August?  We have a cruised booked for September on Allure, my birthday cruise, but I really don’t see it happening. 

OOTD: gym shorts, old tshirt, hair in ponytail and baseball cap.  Ready to go walk!

Sherri🙂

First day of Spring, my butt...

I had a hard time getting up and ready for work today.  I didn't even eat breakfast - just got up and got dressed as fast as I could.  I was actually fast enough to stop off and get coffee and an overnight oats at my local coffee joint.  I was impressed with myself.  It's a "wet" snow day and therefore really damp out, so I didn't even worry about my hair - if it looked bad, I had my beanie in the car to put on.   

It's 5pm now here at work.  We have been hit by a surprise storm that has 2 parts - one coming from the SouthWest and one coming from the West.  It's dumped 6 inches so far up here, and it's that slippery thick stuff.  Everyone is slipping and sliding on the roads.  My main road down off the mountain has been closed (it's 3 miles of 6% straight grade), so I'll have to brave it with my least favorite way down that has some hairpin turns with no guardrails...  Hopefully it gets cleared a little in the next 2 hours so I won't be crying as I'm driving home again.  I used to do that on that road...

Had one family most likely miss their flight home to Nashville - they were still here waiting for their ride at 3:30pm for a 5:30pm flight.   I looked - no other flights other than flying to Seattle and sleeping there overnight.  So, I hope they found a hotel down by the airport for the night and could get re-ticketed for tomorrow!  I have 2 more arrivals tonight and they may or may not make it up here.  As I type, one of the other property managers just got here - he said the plow finally got to our road so it was open again and not bad if you go SLOW.  Sigh.  Glad I have 4WD, snow tires, downhill brake assist...  Fun times driving home from 8100 ft to 6400 ft...  

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

UPDATE:  I lucked out.  I asked if I could leave early and the boss said OK.  The road had just been plowed so it was decent down the hill.  Once I got down, it was just wet the rest of the way home.  

Glad you got home safe!!

Kat, the joys of living in the mountains!  We were 68 yesterday, sat outside planning flower beds. Today your snow is coming in. I swear, our weather is worse than the New England weather I grew up with!

Lois, yay a new bed!!

Good morning, the Mattress was just delivered and I forgot how fun this will be with a new 

adjustable base!😃.   Hopefully I will sleep well tonight👍.   It is a Sealy called Briar Rose.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, the Mattress was just delivered and I forgot how fun this will be with a new 

adjustable base!😃.   Hopefully I will sleep well tonight👍.   It is a Sealy called Briar Rose.

🙌  Give us a full report in a few days once you've gotten used to it. 😀

Hi Cynthia, will do!!!

I had to clean my oven yesterday......what happened was.....I made some

baked fish but instead of using a dish I used foil and sort of made it into

a bed......and it leaked😧......and it started smoking.....not a fire but like

it was burning off stuff if you know what I mean....so the fish was done

(thankfully) and I turned off the oven.  That was a few nights ago.  Yesterday

I turn on the oven to pre-heat it and what happens? When I opened the door,

it was smoking again👎....there must have been burnt stuff on the bottom

of the oven...not sure what else would have caused it. I didn't even finish

preheating it---I turned it off.   So I let it cool down and in the afternoon, I

cleaned the oven.........it looks pretty clean to me now but I am almost 

afraid to try and heat anything up........if it smokes again, I will know something is 

wrong with the oven.......I hope it works like it is supposed to!!!!!!!!

Well, I decided to just pre-heat the oven to see what happens..........ALL GOOD😃....no more

smoke.🙂......I didn't want to actually bake anything again before a pre-test.  I am guessing

it was whatever was stuck to the bottom of the oven.......but I cannot recall that happening

before (in recent memory anyway).

Well this evening is the last episode of the first season of Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy.  I did read that the series has been renewed for a second season, but we aren't likely to actually see any new episodes until 2022 due to COVID's continued presence in Italy... :classic_angry:

In six shows he has covered arguably the regions of Italy most people are familiar with, with the exception of the Veneto. So let's make some guesses (or share some hopes) of where the next season might lead....

In addition to the Veneto (region around Venice), I would like to see Calabria featured, and also the Piedmont region (epicenter of the Slow Food movement). And I'd also pick Umbria just because I think it's one of the prettiest regions, with good food and wine not dissimilar from Tuscany.