P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi Harry,I'm a bit OCD with my routines,very frustrating.Very painful first couple of days,then when it burst,a bit more relief.Then it went black and blue.This is where Google is not your friend,I was looking up things like necrosis,lol.4th day now on meds,still filling and draining but can walk in crocs or sandals.Looks bad but improving.Hope you've all had brekkie.

You're fortunate that things seem to be on the mend.

There's a story about one man who went to the Doc. with a sore toe... "Oh Dear!" said the GP... that's bad, really bad ... amputation is the only answer! No fear said the Bloke and hobbled off for a second opinion... in Harley Street none-the-less.

It was the same story except that the doc said... "This is really very urgent." We'll need to fit you in tomorrow as a matter of priority!" No fear said the Bloke and hobbled off to his local Chinese herbalist too seek some sort of remedy.

The Bloke explained the problem and the reply was.... "Oh! So they say you need an amputation! How silly! There's just no need... Just leave it for another three days and it will drop off of its own accord.

So nice to know that you'll be back to rights soon! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

Quite bright and sunny here in N Wales but a few slightly ominous clouds and rather cold when walking the dog this morning. I didn’t watch Great Expectations last night but a TV reviewer on the radio this morning was not very impressed. 

Now we are jealous. It was bright and sunny here in Stoke on Trent when we were at work this morning 😉 Hope our little piece of Wales is still intact 😉

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

@indiana123 I was thinking of you today,I saw a neck of lamb in the supermarket.Only problem was the head was still on it.Anyone had sheeps eyeballs?

Oh nooooooooooooooo.

I remember once in Rome, we ate at a lovely family restaurant and I ordered some sort of lamb. It turned out to be lambs head and there was NO meat on it whatsoever. No eyeballs either

Apart from that the meals are the best we have ever tasted and all of the locals queued up to eat there.

Didn't complain -- just decided it wasn't for me .... ugh 

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh nooooooooooooooo.

I remember once in Rome, we ate at a lovely family restaurant and I ordered some sort of lamb. It turned out to be lambs head and there was NO meat on it whatsoever. No eyeballs either

Apart from that the meals are the best we have ever tasted and all of the locals queued up to eat there.

When in Rome,lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

You're fortunate that things seem to be on the mend.

There's a story about one man who went to the Doc. with a sore toe... "Oh Dear!" said the GP... that's bad, really bad ... amputation is the only answer! No fear said the Bloke and hobbled off for a second opinion... in Harley Street none-the-less.

It was the same story except that the doc said... "This is really very urgent." We'll need to fit you in tomorrow as a matter of priority!" No fear said the Bloke and hobbled off to his local Chinese herbalist too seek some sort of remedy.

The Bloke explained the problem and the reply was.... "Oh! So they say you need an amputation! How silly! There's just no need... Just leave it for another three days and it will drop off of its own accord.

So nice to know that you'll be back to rights soon! 

Bit confuciusing.

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh nooooooooooooooo.

Alas poor Larry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Now we are jealous. It was bright and sunny here in Stoke on Trent when we were at work this morning 😉 Hope our little piece of Wales is still intact 😉

We came home this afternoon and when we left, your piece of Wales did appear to be intact. High tide has been pretty high but nowhere near coming over to your palatial residence. 

• Like 2

Looks like some really bad weather coming up in the Atlantic. Sky Princess cancelling two port stops,  and heading straight for Southampton,  hooefully arriving on Thursday, as opposed to Saturday. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Looks like some really bad weather coming up in the Atlantic. Sky Princess cancelling two port stops,  and heading straight for Southampton,  hooefully arriving on Thursday, as opposed to Saturday. 

Just so long as she arrives safely for the sake of the people currently on board and for those who are hoping to be boarding on Saturday.🤞

• Like 4

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes looking like intense winds and swell on Thursday night in Biscay/ Channel approach, they’ll be looking to avoid that.

https://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-Surf-Charts/1/?type=swell&timestamp=1680220800

Edited by Splice the mainbrace

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

No insomniacs this morning? good you must have all slept in. Start your day with a smile

May be an image of dog and outdoors

Been too busy cleaning, making lists and sorting out which clothes I will be packing for our cruise since I got up at 5 this morning.  The clothes to be packed are all now in the wardrobes in the spare room. One step nearer to getting on the ship.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

At the moment there is a strong anti-cyclone with up to 49 knot winds due to be in the South-west approaches by mid-night on Friday. That's Storm Force with waves up to 9 m but reaching up to 12.5 m. Tad bumpy... best not to order soup that evening at dinner.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

At the moment there is a strong anti-cyclone with up to 49 knot winds due to be in the South-west approaches by mid-night on Friday. That's Storm Force with waves up to 9 m but reaching up to 12.5 m. Tad bumpy... best not to order soup that evening at dinner.

As a poor sailor, currently in Lisbon on Iona and due back in Southampton on Saturday, I am not cheered by any of this 🤢🤢.  I’ll be starting my Stugeron routine tomorrow, wish me luck!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

As a poor sailor, currently in Lisbon on Iona and due back in Southampton on Saturday, I am not cheered by any of this 🤢🤢.  I’ll be starting my Stugeron routine tomorrow, wish me luck!

If at all possible I'm sure your captain will avoid if possible .

I remember a few years back on the Azura doing a TA , capt Camby telling us " We have a storm chasing us and we are hoping to outrun it to the Azores ." 

On leaving the Azores, he told us  " The good news is we have let the storm ,which is now named storm Katie pass and will follow it back home to the UK."

Once we got back home all was calm apart from a neighbour wanting part of his greenhouse 

back out of our garden . 🙂

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Stugeron is highly effective, and you’ll be giving it the time it needs. Your captain will do whatever’s necessary to make the journey home as comfortable as possible, and long range forecasts are often inaccurate.

Enjoy your time in beautiful Lisbon, which Alexa tells me is currently sunny and warm, but I’m not remotely envious of that on this grey, cold, wet day.

Hope you have a good journey back, and that it turns out to be calm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Crumble always works for me, especially gooseberry, nice and tart.

That's one of my favourites Phil.Sorry about late reply,internet been down all day,very windy here and antenna got moved on the roof,Brian.

• Like 4