P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Is it just me ?. Turn on the telly on Sunday morning and no presenter bleating on about some by election ,or other. On BBC , NED 1...POR 0.

Can the  Ladies Have a match on telly every Sunday morning. Sunday brunch at 9.30, Gran Prix at 2.00. Could be a good day. Come on NED, POR, Lewis and Lando.🤣

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Is it just me ?. Turn on the telly on Sunday morning and no presenter bleating on about some by election ,or other. On BBC , NED 1...POR 0.

Can the  Ladies Have a match on telly every Sunday morning. Sunday brunch at 9.30, Gran Prix at 2.00. Could be a good day. Come on NED, POR, Lewis and Lando.🤣

Even on the pop channels   ..Alice Cooper  wanted to be elected , no getting away from it 😉

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

+ the last round of the open and the ashes test (weather dependent). Today is going to be, watch the test if on, build up and f1 race (I have to watch them live) whilst keeping an eye on the test and Open, then the end of the Open, presuming that the test will be over one way or another by then. Phew, I’m glad I’m watching so much exercise today to keep me fit.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

+ the last round of the open and the ashes test (weather dependent). Today is going to be, watch the test if on, build up and f1 race (I have to watch them live) whilst keeping an eye on the test and Open, then the end of the Open, presuming that the test will be over one way or another by then. Phew, I’m glad I’m watching so much exercise today to keep me fit.

Can't remember his name,  but the bloke who invented the cats eye for roads. He was a millionaire. He had a few televisions in his lounge all set on different  channels to save getting up to turn them over....perhaps he should have invented a remote control.🤔

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Will be the Test Match and/or The Open for me, don’t bother with F1 anymore. 

• Like 3

Cloudy here we have had the odd glimpse of sunshine 16C, after yesterday’s non stop downpour good to see dry pavements once again. Guess I won’t have to worry about watering my garden or my  lawn which has been down for 5 months, we were advised to keep it watered during long dry spells on the first year.

We have some friends currently waiting at Athens airport for a flight home, they were due to leave today, but visibility at the airport is poor due to smoke from the wildfires has led to some delays and cancellations. 

• Like 2

Good Morning All and Happy Sunday

Thanks as always to @kalosfor sometimes making me chuckle and sometimes laugh out loud. A tonic in tough times - no gin for me though!

It's been a quiet week for me so nothing to report - just wanted to say hello really.

I was wondering how Bazrat and his family are. I know he said he's leaving us but if he's had a read at any point I'd like to tell him he's still in our thoughts.

Isn't  all this sport on TV wonderful ( for those who love sport). I wasn't all that interested in Womens' Football until the Euros but I'm converted and enjoying it very much.

I know this is a P&O board but I've just spotted a cruise I fancy on the new Cunard Queen Anne in December 24. I also know I said I didn't want to cruise alone any more but this is just a 7 day European and I'm slightly drawn to it.....hmm. I might give them a call tomorrow.

Have a happy day everyone. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Did you book the restaurants before boarding or was it easy to get in if you decided on the day ?

On Britannia, no option to book any restaurants prior to boarding. We managed to book the Epicurean when we boarded and wasn't going to bother with the Beach House or Sindhu, but after a poor experience in the mdr on the first night, we tried to book both, but absolutely no availability for either for the rest of the holiday, this was the morning after boarding... 

The Glass House cannot be booked, you have to join a virtual queue, which has its own issues, but we managed to get in twice. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Oh, and the end of the Tour de France around central Paris😊

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Can't remember his name,  but the bloke who invented the cats eye for roads. He was a millionaire. He had a few televisions in his lounge all set on different  channels to save getting up to turn them over....perhaps he should have invented a remote control.🤔

It was Percy Shaw, a good old Yorkshire man. He was a road mender back in the day, when he got the idea seeing a cat coming towards him at night, good job the cat wasn't walking away or he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

• Haha 18

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All and Happy Sunday

Thanks as always to @kalosfor sometimes making me chuckle and sometimes laugh out loud. A tonic in tough times - no gin for me though!

It's been a quiet week for me so nothing to report - just wanted to say hello really.

I was wondering how Bazrat and his family are. I know he said he's leaving us but if he's had a read at any point I'd like to tell him he's still in our thoughts.

Isn't  all this sport on TV wonderful ( for those who love sport). I wasn't all that interested in Womens' Football until the Euros but I'm converted and enjoying it very much.

I know this is a P&O board but I've just spotted a cruise I fancy on the new Cunard Queen Anne in December 24. I also know I said I didn't want to cruise alone any more but this is just a 7 day European and I'm slightly drawn to it.....hmm. I might give them a call tomorrow.

Have a happy day everyone. Best wishes. Jane xxx

I watch some of the Ladies footy. Very good players. We have a few stage schools in town. The girls train for music and dance. The boys take acting lessons to help in their football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It was Percy Shaw, a good old Yorkshire man. He was a road mender back in the day, when he got the idea seeing a cat coming towards him at night, good job the cat wasn't walking away or he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Oh, and the end of the Tour de France around central Paris😊

I mustn’t forget in between all of the sports to pick up the MIL for our weekly Sunday lunch at our place. It’s my wife’s turn to cook and we’re having haute cuisine of sausage casserole, mash and peas🥘🥔🫛🍷

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, zap99 said:

good job the cat wasn't walking away or he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

Please come round NOW to clear up the coffee splattered over  screen and desk!!!!🤣😃🙃

Bring tissues... you've made me cry!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

There has been some posts of dogs on a WhatsApp Group I am in this morning, must be a slow day, all the dogs mentioned with associated picture all were crosses with a Poodle, one was called a Cavapoo, a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Toy Poodle. I resisted posting back thought it was a cross between a bottle of fizzy Spanish wine and a Poodle. 😂

Why use a Toy Poodle and not a real one? 😬

There is a Cuban breed call a Havanese, if they cross it with a Poodle would it be a Havapoo. 🤣

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

There has been some posts of dogs on a WhatsApp Group I am in this morning, must be a slow day, all the dogs mentioned with associated picture all were crosses with a Poodle, one was called a Cavapoo, a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Toy Poodle. I resisted posting back thought it was a cross between a bottle of fizzy Spanish wine and a Poodle. 😂

There is a Cuban breed call a Havanese, if they cross it with a Poodle would it be a Havapoo. 🤣

There is a Korean vegetarian snack; Not Poodle

• Haha 8

I remember the time my Sister went on holiday and trusted us with caring for her dog.

His name was Butch ,cute little Yorkshire Terrier . 

What a fuss she made, when to feed him ,walk him and so on . 

I was told he liked playing in gardens  and could I throw a ball for him as well ?

To me it seemed a little over the top, but he looked great in his little tuxedo🙃

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

True story... I had a cross between a Bull Terrier and a Shitzu... 

I will leave it for you to work out😂

• Haha 14

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

True story... I had a cross between a Bull Terrier and a Shitzu... 

I will leave it for you to work out😂

Takes me back to my holidays in the Costas years ago 🤣

They kept you regular those Spanish 🙃

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We recently booked a P&O cruise for the first time for a number of years because we decided to do a winter cruise and Princess don't do them out of Southampton.  We had a drinks package included on Princess as part of the deal, we don't drink much alcohol but we did enjoy a number of Costa coffees and speciality teas most days, so we are looking at the P&O drinks package and were wondering if anyone on this site has taken the package what they thought of it.

which ship are you on Josy? Ventura has different arrangements for booking dining compared to the 3 bigger ships.

20 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We recently booked a P&O cruise for the first time for a number of years because we decided to do a winter cruise and Princess don't do them out of Southampton.  We had a drinks package included on Princess as part of the deal, we don't drink much alcohol but we did enjoy a number of Costa coffees and speciality teas most days, so we are looking at the P&O drinks package and were wondering if anyone on this site has taken the package what they thought of it.

We took the drinks package on Iona and are going to take it on Arvia on our next cruise. The tipping point for us is our son getting the soft drinks package complimentary, especially as he loves the tea from Vistas. We will likely average 5 or so alcoholic drinks each per day as well as Vistas hot drinks and plenty of bottled water but without our son it probably would not be worth it.

• Like 1

What a wonderful summer Sunday afternoon ! F1, with Lewis on pole, golf promising to be an exciting finish and the Ashes, could we do it ? F1, c*** start and Max is away and Lewis is 4th, instant switch over. Ashes, rain stopped play and match abandoned. Golf, for a few minutes it seemed there would be a challenge, not to be, well done Brian Harman. The weather ?   Forget it.

• Like 4