P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

All that pizza then a nice juicy steak ,then cake and ...

Bet you will be singing a Rod Stewart song  ??? 🤣😉 

You & Pauline  enjoy mate :classic_love:

Thank you Kalos.

We are not cruising  unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, Josy1953 said:

I have just had some sad news, one of the people that I worked with when I first started to work passed away in hospital during the night. 

Sad news, condolences Josy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We are seeing the vet every other day for dressing changes. We are seeing the “main” vet tomorrow afternoon to discuss options. It is not looking good, the tumor has necrosis and it smells awful. What we don’t want is him to be in pain so we have difficult decisions ahead. 

Michelle

Fingers crossed for you Michelle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

@DamianG  I know you have to jump on that train(when it runs )...

Have you ever thought of calling in sick ?? 🤣🤣 🙃

1. I am sick (nothing major, just an annoying cough, sore throat and cold).
  2. I have cancelled my visit to the office in London today (but I am still working).
  3. I am freaked out by your post.
  4. #kalostheprophesier

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, DamianG said:

2. I have cancelled my visit to the office in London today (but I am still working).
  4. #kalostheprophesier

So am I .😮. Hope your well soon 🙂

Ps  Hope your boss aint off skiing somewhere 🙃😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, kalos said:

So am I .😮. Hope your well soon 🙂

Ps  Hope your boss aint off skiing somewhere 🙃😉

No, he's working from home today too (we had a Zoom meeting earlier). At least I was wearing a collared shirt. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

No, he's working from home today too (we had a Zoom meeting earlier). At least I was wearing a collared shirt. 😁

Bet you were both sitting there in your y fronts.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

4. #kalostheprophesier

Sounds just like my covid symptoms.

• Like 2

Whilst out and about today we decided to eat out and could not decide between 

a carvery (pub lunch)  or fish restaurant  but pulled off the motorway for the pub .

Despite all those lovely joints of meat ,we still decided on their fish and chips .

Unknown to us they have switched from Cod to Hoki  which was just OK but not 

for us , so back to carveries next time I pass or the fish restaurant next time we 

fancy a fish meal .

20230727_121655.thumb.jpg.dc43b42c0b2fd4f2f53beca0deb967c5.jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

a carvery (pub lunch)  or fish restaurant  but pulled off the motorway for the pub .

Despite all those lovely joints of meat ,we still decided on their fish and chips .

for us , so back to carveries next time I pass or the fish restaurant next time we 

fancy a fish meal .

Did you have a can of Cokey with your Hoki kalos?☺️

Avril

• Haha 18

2 hours ago, kalos said:

fancy a fish meal .

I had to google that one Kalos.It comes from Aus mainly,how can that be cheaper than home caught Haddock.Strange old game,good old Rock eel or salmon used to be as cheap as chips now it's dearer than Skate.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I had to google that one Kalos.It comes from Aus mainly,how can that be cheaper than home caught Haddock.Strange old game,good old Rock eel or salmon used to be as cheap as chips now it's dearer than Skate.

I did the same Brian and was surprised when I found out where it came from .

How they get it cheaper is anyone's guess, maybe ask it to swim to the UK 😉

For anyone who likes posh fish ,it calls itself Blue grenadier in the UK.

With a name like that we didn't know if to salute or eat it 🤣

On your last part  ,that saying .."Cheap as chips "  Think that's a thing of the past 

looking at what our local chippy charges these days🙃

• Like 10

Another early morning,  I was woken by the birds just before 5am again.  It has made me wonder how people who live in busy areas manage to sleep with traffic going past throughout the night.  The good thing about being up so early is that I had the washing out to dry by 5:15 am.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't rain before it is dry.

Have a good day everyone whatever you do today.

• Like 8

On 7/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, kalos said:

The way to look at it he has gave you all his love and trust ... 

Now he's counting on that trust that you gave him as a pup.

Whatever happens he will be with you in your heart.. But pain free .

Take care Michelle  (you have got a lot on your plate at the moment ,Bless)🙂

Thank you for you kind words Kalos

Michelle

• Like 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning. It is dull here today but sun forecast this afternoon so fingers crossed.

We have our grandchildren and their parents arriving today for the weekend. The girls are very excited as they are going to The Tower Circus tomorrow. 

I saw the oncologist yesterday, I had DCIS that was removed during an unrelated operation in April and he thinks I am clear now and probably need no further treatment. There was a lot of “thinks” that I wasn’t happy with. He didn’t have my full histology results and hadn’t seen my mammogram had in Dec, I wasn’t happy and felt like it was a wasted visit. He has agreed to get everything together and put it before MDT again and bring me back. 

Took the dog to the vet last night, his paw is getting worse, vet said next stage it will probably start bleeding all the time. We agreed before it gets to this stage we will let him cross the rainbow bridge with dignity 

Michelle

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning. It is dull here today but sun forecast this afternoon so fingers crossed.

We have our grandchildren and their parents arriving today for the weekend. The girls are very excited as they are going to The Tower Circus tomorrow. 

I saw the oncologist yesterday, I had DCIS that was removed during an unrelated operation in April and he thinks I am clear now and probably need no further treatment. There was a lot of “thinks” that I wasn’t happy with. He didn’t have my full histology results and hadn’t seen my mammogram had in Dec, I wasn’t happy and felt like it was a wasted visit. He has agreed to get everything together and put it before MDT again and bring me back. 

Took the dog to the vet last night, his paw is getting worse, vet said next stage it will probably start bleeding all the time. We agreed before it gets to this stage we will let him cross the rainbow bridge with dignity 

Michelle

Very unsatisfactory Michelle. I too have little patience with "think" and "probably".  Get all the relevant information together, and actually read it before your patient is sitting in front of you! It just adds to your stress and worry to be fobbed of with maybes. I'm glad you stood your ground and hope the MDT meeting doesn't take too long.

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor dog. All of us on here who are dog owners and dog lovers will feel your upset for his suffering and your difficult decision ahead. As Gill said earlier in the week, it’s not something I can bear to think about. My only consolation would be knowing he had the best life with you and your family and the final kindness you can give him is the dignity you mentioned.

I hope you have a fun weekend with all your family. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Very unsatisfactory Michelle. I too have little patience with "think" and "probably".  Get all the relevant information together, and actually read it before your patient is sitting in front of you! It just adds to your stress and worry to be fobbed of with maybes. I'm glad you stood your ground and hope the MDT meeting doesn't take too long.

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor dog. All of us on here who are dog owners and dog lovers will feel your upset for his suffering and your difficult decision ahead. As Gill said earlier in the week, it’s not something I can bear to think about. My only consolation would be knowing he had the best life with you and your family and the final kindness you can give him is the dignity you mentioned.

I hope you have a fun weekend with all your family. Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you Jane. MDT next Friday so just have to wait for an appointment after that.

Doggie ok this morning, back at vets tomorrow. 

Michelle

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sorry to hear that your appointment did not have a satisfactory result and I hope that they get all the information together and the  MDT meeting soon.

I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is a difficult decision to make when the time comes as they become part of our lives and family.

Enjoy the weekend with your family.

Wishing you all the best and take care.

Pam

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1