P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

When the rain finally stopped we decided to venture out this afternoon to Whitebridge Wines to replenish our stock.

On the way home we called at our favourite restaurant for an early dinner so no cooking this evening.

We really must meet up there some time 😉

Think we said the Christmas wine tasting. Mr and Mrs Pete 14 may want to join us too !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Another poor weather day but a very good day because I exchanged my car for a new one. Seat Arona FR in metallic gray with black roof. Collect on 1st Sepember.

Means nothing to me, but I know how excited we are to get a new car. Enjoy that first drive when you get it 😉

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We really must meet up there some time 😉

Think we said the Christmas wine tasting. Mr and Mrs Pete 14 may want to join us too !

You can count us in (depending on the date). Perhaps we could share a taxi. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Another poor weather day but a very good day because I exchanged my car for a new one. Seat Arona FR in metallic gray with black roof. Collect on 1st Sepember.

Enjoy the new car.  We are still waiting for our new car, it has been on order since April with an e pected delivery date of August / September  so fingers are crossed.  Ours will be a Toyota when we get it.

• Like 2

Morning everyone,

Hope you're all well.

I have been us since early so decided I'd go to Tesco before the traffic builds, It's only taken me about 1 1/2 hours to drive there, get my shopping and drive back compared to the time it took me earlier on in the week. Would have taken less if they didn't keep moving things around😡

As the rest of my day is now free.🙂

Have a good weekend.

• Like 7

Morning 18.c bright and breezy today .

Just had a blast from the past through our letter box ,a BT phone book directory,

very small to what they used to be . The print inside is so tiny that you would need the 

eyes of a sparrow hawk to read them . Mrs K used to work in a big telephone exchange

and she says she wouldn't  have stood a chance working with them .

So it's from letter box to recycle bin in less than two minutes 🥴

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Like 7

Morning .. back to the garden and attacking a very large Holly Bush today. Its about 15ft tall and needs to be cut back. Wish us luck .. we keep putting it off.

Re the football ... I hate to say this but are we the only ones who aren't really bothered? Not mad about football and not inspired but good luck to them as they obviously work hard. 

• Like 3

I am not at all interested in football, but have been inspired by this team of young women, and in particular by their coach, displaying talent, courage, great team spirit and kindness to the other team when they won.  Long may this last; just hopeful that if they do get to be players earning fortunes they do not become like some of the top male players, arrogant and doing the falling over and not getting up routine, and generally behaving badly.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am not at all interested in football, but have been inspired by this team of young women, and in particular by their coach, displaying talent, courage, great team spirit and kindness to the other team when they won.  Long may this last; just hopeful that if they do get to be players earning fortunes they do not become like some of the top male players, arrogant and doing the falling over and not getting up routine, and generally behaving badly.

Not wishing to be controversial here but I do think there is a lot of viewing through rose tinted spectacles going on. I enjoy watching football and will be going to a game this afternoon. It is quite true that there are aspects of the men’s game that do the players little credit but they also appear to exist in the women’s game as well. Some players seem to fall over easily as in the men’s game and time wasting exists in both men’s and women’s football. Have we forgotten the England player deliberately treading on an opponent while she was on the ground? I have no problem at all with women playing football but comparisons with the men’s game are not helpful.

• Like 1

Maybe a bit, Pete.  The treading bit was so like Beckham in the old days it was almost funny.  I did feel that 'stamping' was being bit harsh, she certainly did not stamp or kick,  but definitely trod!  I presume it was frustration at having marked so closely she could not really play her game?  Maybe I have not watched enough to see any falling over on purpose but certainly a bit of time wasting.

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Morning .. back to the garden and attacking a very large Holly Bush today. Its about 15ft tall and needs to be cut back. Wish us luck .. we keep putting it off.

Re the football ... I hate to say this but are we the only ones who aren't really bothered? Not mad about football and not inspired but good luck to them as they obviously work hard. 

We aren't bothered either Presto, but I will look to see the score. Either that or read the blow by blow action on here as I did with the semi final.

Anniversary of my Dad's death today. 32 years and it still hits me hard. Not a good day at all.

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Not wishing to be controversial here but I do think there is a lot of viewing through rose tinted spectacles going on. I enjoy watching football and will be going to a game this afternoon. It is quite true that there are aspects of the men’s game that do the players little credit but they also appear to exist in the women’s game as well. Some players seem to fall over easily as in the men’s game and time wasting exists in both men’s and women’s football. Have we forgotten the England player deliberately treading on an opponent while she was on the ground? I have no problem at all with women playing football but comparisons with the men’s game are not helpful.

Perhaps not helpful, but very true. We have a couple of stage schools in town, seems to be mainly young ladies. Perhaps as their acting skills develop they can roll around holding the wrong ankle as well as the male players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Anniversary of my Dad's death today. 32 years and it still hits me hard. Not a good day at all.

Avril

Such a sad day ..... But without memories (thank God we have them )

We would never remember the good time we shared with them 🙂

They never leave you do they :classic_love::classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We aren't bothered either Presto, but I will look to see the score. Either that or read the blow by blow action on here as I did with the semi final.

Avril

I am sure you have many happy memories.

095bee7304fe4927ce10500c5a5cc3e4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Such a sad day ..... But without memories (thank God we have them )

We would never remember the good time we shared with them 🙂

They never leave you do they :classic_love::classic_love:

No kalos, they don't. 

My Mum's will be 30 years next month, but strangely, I'm ashamed to admit, that doesn't affect me the same. I loved my Mum and I know she loved me, but she wasn'tthe maternal kind, no cuddles or whispered secrets. I was so much closer to Dad. He taught me so much and was always there for me whenever I needed him no matter what. 

My fondest memory of him was when I was10. Loving You was on in the local cinema and Dad wouldn't let me go by myself, so after much sulking, me not Dad, he said he'd take me. Seeing Dad sat there, surrounded by hordes of screaming girls and watching Elvis was a sight I've never fogotten.

Oh dear, here come waterworks again.

Avril

• Like 12

We played our last Saturday bowling match of the season this afternoon and I am completely  shattered.  When we got to the green or captain told me and another player that because 4 of our team are away on holiday he had decided that we would both play our singles games and then we would play a doubles game.

I lost my singles game by one chalk but we won our doubles game by 8 chalks.

We have finished the season at top of the league.

Just 2 Thursday  ladies games to go.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We played our last Saturday bowling match of the season this afternoon and I am completely  shattered.  When we got to the green or captain told me and another player that because 4 of our team are away on holiday he had decided that we would both play our singles games and then we would play a doubles game.

I lost my singles game by one chalk but we won our doubles game by 8 chalks.

We have finished the season at top of the league.

Just 2 Thursday  ladies games to go.

Well done but make sure you don’t aggravate your ‘bowlers shoulder’, especially if it is on the side you hold your wine glass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Thinking of you Avril @Adawn47 on your dear dad's 32nd memory.

Graham.

father-death-anniversary-quotes-8-scaled-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1