P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I moved here 7 years ago and found selling is not as easy as it used to be up here because the missives aren’t signed nearly so early now - I had to agree to a large reduction in price only a week before moving date in order to get the buyer to hand over the money on the agreed date.   I hadn’t actually realised until then that the missives hadn’t been signed which is just as well because my stress levels were already very high!   
Hope you get things resolved Michelle and can go ahead with your new house which I know you had lots of plans for.  

Thank you Ilovemygarden. We had lots of ideas and had an architect draw up provisional plans. So hope we get to buy it one way or another

Michelle

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Me too Graham. It was real quality. I wonder if she will play Lauren James in the final?  Jane xx

I think she will start Jane.

She will be raring to go after her 2 match ban and she scores some great goals.

Did your dad go to Roker Park for any of the 1966 world cup matches?

Graham xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

That’s sounds like your solicitor has been dilatory to say the least. 

You are right - they were pretty rubbish.   I was really forced to use them because they were winding up my late husband’s estate.  The whole thing was quite complicated and ended very badly!   

• Like 1

This may be of interest to someone. A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the Final on Sunday ️. He paid £300 each but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding! If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place!! It's at Burnley Registry Office, at 4pm. The bride's name is Tracy

• Haha 24

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This may be of interest to someone. A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the Final on Sunday ️. He paid £300 each but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding! If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place!! It's at Burnley Registry Office, at 4pm. The bride's name is Tracy

That's classic and made us laugh out loud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

No way ,2 different claret and blues in 1 household is a recipe for disaster.😊

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I think she will start Jane.

She will be raring to go after her 2 match ban and she scores some great goals.

Did your dad go to Roker Park for any of the 1966 world cup matches?

Graham xx

I wonder. Wiegman will play what she thinks is the best team for the opposition for sure.

No Graham, dad didn't go to any of the '66 matches. We did go to the famous Cup Final though - my first Cup Final. After dad passed in 82, my brother took on the mantle of supporting Sunderland and goes with his son whenever they can. He's a dedicated supporter (with very little reward!) and his dogs are called Roker and Sol (Stadium of Light). Mad! We have a brick with dad's name embedded in the SOL wall and I have a lovely photo of me standing beneath it. I still miss him.  Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I wonder. Wiegman will play what she thinks is the best team for the opposition for sure.

No Graham, dad didn't go to any of the '66 matches. We did go to the famous Cup Final though - my first Cup Final. After dad passed in 82, my brother took on the mantle of supporting Sunderland and goes with his son whenever they can. He's a dedicated supporter (with very little reward!) and his dogs are called Roker and Sol (Stadium of Light). Mad! We have a brick with dad's name embedded in the SOL wall and I have a lovely photo of me standing beneath it. I still miss him.  Jane xx

Thank you for your reply Jane.

That is fantastic your brother is one of us Sunderland supporters and a wonderful fitting tribute to your dad to have a brick  with his name on it embedded in the SOL wall and you have a photo memory of yourself there too which is lovely.

In 1973 when we won the FA cup my Persian cat was called Monty after Jimmy Montgomery our goalkeeper.

Graham xx.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

I feel your pain. Off for a hot bath myself after weeding and planting winter plants today.

Our garden was at the point where we were expecting Tarzan to call us .... day 2 tomorrow.  Deep joy 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Our garden was at the point where we were expecting Tarzan to call us .... day 2 tomorrow.  Deep joy 😉

Watch out for the ‘Smallthorne big cat’ that has been in the news over the last day or two. Who knows where it may be hiding until the publicity has passed?

• Haha 4

Just now, pete14 said:

Watch out for the ‘Smallthorne big cat’ that has been in the news over the last day or two. Who knows where it may be hiding until the publicity has passed?

MMMM will go in search of him or her ..... photos to follow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

You could always get someone help out ,  like take out a loan ?? 😉🙃

studentloangag.jpg.db59d7417b0528e140033c8c16c7d28c.jpg

• Haha 15

I am waiting for the clock to trip round to 8 o'clock so that I can ring the surgery to get an appointment, over the last few days I have developed a red itchy patch on my shoulder which is growing.  My sister who is a district nurse prescriber thinks that it is eczema and said that I should go to the doctor's so that they can prescribe some cream to clear it.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am waiting for the clock to trip round to 8 o'clock so that I can ring the surgery to get an appointment, over the last few days I have developed a red itchy patch on my shoulder which is growing.  My sister who is a district nurse prescriber thinks that it is eczema and said that I should go to the doctor's so that they can prescribe some cream to clear it.

Not the dreaded ‘bowler’s shoulder’? Like tennis elbow but somewhere else. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Not the dreaded ‘bowler’s shoulder’? Like tennis elbow but somewhere else. 

Never heard of bowler's shoulder but I think that I do suffer from bowler's knee, though that could be attributed to when I used to go running when I was younger. 🏃‍♀️

I don't think that I could run 10 yards now let alone 10k 🧑‍🦳

• Like 1