P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Good Afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Avril, good news Frank has got a diagnosis and that appropriate treatment can begin.

Dog update - she had a corneal graft yesterday at the eye hospital in Penrith. She came home last night, 6 medications every two hours given 5 mins apart. Fortunately during the night we don’t have to do it. Check up next Weds in Penrith. We are very relieved and thankful to all the fantastic vets and nurses who helped her. Hubby was cringing at the bill but she is worth it 

It’s turning out to be a lovely sunny day here now, dog walk in order after lunch

Michelle

Pleased to hear your good news Michelle.

Prayers 🙏 you also get good news yourself.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely day here, it was actually light this morning when I crawled out of my pit. Had a long walk this morning, around five miles which is the longest since my hip op and no adverse effects.

Hopefully Avril will have some good news about Frank's recovery and everyone is having a good day.

Great Hip news Phil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Avril - just to say that I am told that  'heart failure' covers a range of situations, from fairly mild to serious, and you should definitely get a full explanation of Frank's condition from the Doctors at the hospital, and your own GP should be able to help when he is home.  (I am not medical, but this is via my son in law, who is a Doctor, and has just discussed my very recently diagnosed atrial fibrillation and the treatment for it, which is necessary but very good).  I am told it will improve my tiredness and shortness of breath after not much activity, and I see a GP next week.  So do make sure you get more detail - it might be less serious  than you fear.  

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you both.

Best wishes and I hope your treatment helps you enormously @lincslady.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad to hear Frank is in good spirit and you sound a little less worried.

Here's the booklet that covers all scenarios of heart failure that I told you about Avril.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/publications/large-print/living-with-heart-failure---large-print

Hope it helps you and Frank understand  living with heart failure    Take care 🙂

Thank you kalos.

Very informative read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 5°C here.

Quiet this morning so I hope everyone is safe and well.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Hopefully everyone is safe and well still tucked up in bed.  I was late getting up this morning at 6:35 then catching up with some texts and emails so haven't had time to come on here until now.

It is 6°c here with a slight mist.

Our neighbours are  moving out today and have pushed a lovely card through our door saying "Thank you for being great neighbours". We are just hoping that the new people will be as nice as the old ones.

• Like 9

I just started to read the local paper online and the headline is an incident last night that involved police and fire engines, the accompanying picture of the scene looks like it is outside our dentists.  I wonder if it could be a disgruntled patient protesting about the prices that seem to increase every time we go.

Edited by Josy1953
Predictive text
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just started to read the local paper online and the headline is an incident last night that involved police and fire engines, the accompanying picture of the scene looks like it is outside our dentists.  I wonder if it could be a disgruntled patient protesting about the prices that seem to increase every time we go.

Our dentist like most in our area went private over a year ago.

It is now £120 for check up and hygienist and you have to pay when you book.

We still have to book a couple of months in advance.

That was nice of your neighbour Josy and I hope your new neighbours are just as nice.

Our next door neighbours are Pauline's sister and her husband our Sarah's parents ☹️😩.

The rain is pouring down now.

@Adawn47 Avril I hope Frank is feeling a lot better.

• Like 5

4c cloudy and calm here this morning, colder but dry weather forecast going forward but not excessively so.

I went for a 3 mile walk yesterday it was nice to see the hazel shrubs lambs tails out already and the occasional daffodil blooming planted in the road verges.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Our dentist like most in our area went private over a year ago.

It is now £120 for check up and hygienist and you have to pay when you book.

We still have to book a couple of months in advance.

That was nice of your neighbour Josy and I hope your new neighbours are just as nice.

Our next door neighbours are Pauline's sister and her husband our Sarah's parents ☹️😩.

The rain is pouring down now.

@Adawn47 Avril I hope Frank is feeling a lot better.

When we went to the dentist in October our checkups  and hygienist were £125.  We book our next appointment before we leave the surgery.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hopefully everyone is safe and well still tucked up in bed.  I was late getting up this morning at 6:35 then catching up with some texts and emails so haven't had time to come on here until now.

It is 6°c here with a slight mist.

Our neighbours are  moving out today and have pushed a lovely card through our door saying "Thank you for being great neighbours". We are just hoping that the new people will be as nice as the old ones.

That’s a nice kind thing to do Josy. We moved three weeks ago and our new neighbours have invited us for tea & cake this afternoon which is nice.

Our house is busy again today, two joiners and two electricians are already working. A kitchen planner is coming at 11 and someone from Neff coming sometime today as the current (new) oven isn’t working.

It feels pretty cold here today. 

To cheer myself up I bought my first daffodils of the year yesterday 

Have a good day everyone 

Michellr

IMG_0674.jpeg

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

4c cloudy and calm here this morning, colder but dry weather forecast going forward but not excessively so.

I went for a 3 mile walk yesterday it was nice to see the hazel shrubs lambs tails out already and the occasional daffodil blooming planted in the road verges.

We have a contorted hazel and a pussy willow in the garden but neither have catkins yet and there are no signs of the bulbs popping up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

When we went to the dentist in October our checkups  and hygienist were £125.  We book our next appointment before we leave the surgery.

We used to do that when it was £28 each on NHS and we paid on arrival before our treatment.

Having spent over £15,000 on tooth implants between us I was not pleased when they expected us to pay £240 six months in advance for check up and hygienist.

• Like 2

Good morning. Best wishes to those of you not in the best of health.

Cold but not icy so my drive to Manchester Airport should be okay. Staying at the Radisson overnight then a 0600 flight to Tenerife to join the Azura for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to some warm weather, it seems a long time since our summer ended. Always disliked our winters but count ourselves fortunate we can escape, we have a trip to Paphos booked in April to also look forward to.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Cold but not icy so my drive to Manchester Airport should be okay. Staying at the Radisson overnight then a 0600 flight to Tenerife to join the Azura for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to some warm weather, it seems a long time since our summer ended. Always disliked our winters but count ourselves fortunate we can escape, we have a trip to Paphos booked in April to also look forward to.

We’ve stayed at that Radisson a couple of times when having an early morning flight, very convenient with undercover walk ways to the terminals.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Hope you have a lovely time, it will be nice to escape the cold weather 

Michelle

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Have a lovely time. We board in two weeks time, so please leave her nice and tidy🤣

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I hope you have an amazing time on your cruise Bob.

We flew from Newcastle in November 2022 to Tenerife to join Azura for 14 night's.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Have a wonderful cruise bob and lots of hot sunny weather.

• Like 3

Hope everyone is well or on the road to recovery.

Colder of late down here, but a least it's dry and the sun is trying to come out, after what seems to have been months of wet and windy weather. It's been very mild despite the rain and the daffodils in our garden up coming up and some are in bloom on the roadsides. 

Took Christmas decoration down yesterday afternoon, so now just need to get them back up into the loft. 

Expecting a parcel of material to be delivered today. I decided to make some dresses to take on my cruise in two weeks, as I don't expect the ones I have will fit. Am I mad?

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 11

We always book our cruises in the colder months for some extra sunshine and warmth, so those of us who are still here would appreciate a bottle of sunshine on your return🌞

Have a wonderful cruise Bob.

Avril

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We always book our cruises in the colder months for some extra sunshine and warmth, so those of us who are still here would appreciate a bottle of sunshine on your return🌞

Have a wonderful cruise Bob.

Avril

Thanks Avril. I sincerely hope Frank is on the mend. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for news.

Best wishes

Bob.

n eye on  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s been a much more pleasant day, no rain for starters, some sunny spells but quite chilly. 

We took down the Christmas Decorations inside the house, have left the lights up outside for a couple more days or until batteries run out.

Community page has been full of armchair flood experts saying what they would do to stop the flooding ranging from taking around 3m out of the river bed, clearly not thought of consequences of doing that to building a 2m wall along the edge of the river. Don’t you just love these armchair experts, not only are they experts on floods, but some of the same names are experts on repairing roads, bus services, bin collections, and multiple other things. 

Some of us were experts in our field before we retired. One of my EU meeting invitations gave my status as ' principle UK expert '. That was on constructing roads.....So there  humph.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@bobstheboy Have a great time away .It's a nice feeling getting away this time of year and as the plane takes off and bursts through the dull cloudy sky in to the sunshine - Enjoy 🙂

@Adawn47  Can you ask Frank what episode of Barnsley A&E we can expect to see him on telly? 😉 Only joking give him my best wishes 🙂

Had to nip into the doctors this morning to drop off a sample from yesterday .

The waiting room was packed with folk coughing and spluttering an sneezing .

I was soon out of there sharpish .

Yesterday  I drank loads of water as I knew they would be taking blood samples.

The nurse ended up taking from the back of my hand, even then it was a struggle

to get it out of me .

Thinking back to when I was a kid I remember my Mam telling her friend that she 

thought I would grow up to be a little bleeder -Guess she was right 🙃

Have a good day🙂

• Haha 17