P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Sorry to hear people are not sleeping too well, never seems to be a problem for me, instead of counting sheep I count my money, doe's turn into a nightmare sometimes when I think I have spent some.

We did our last big shop this morning as we have just over a week left, the weather is still stunning, I am not sure how the locals see it as we have had no rain apart from a shower one night which is probably not beneficial to a hot dry country. The forecast is for more of the same.

My sister in-law said that this February has been the hottest that they normally have , she lives on the golf course houses area , but I see you have had not some good air quality a few days back , enjoy your last week relaxing and eating in my favourite Indian restaurant 😁 their local pub called the step-In does some good normal pub food at reasonable cost and across from it where you see people sitting out on the pavement which looks like a pop up bar , cheap drinks and pints for a couple of euros 😀

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Lovely Madeira today.  Azura had a bit of a bumpy ride yesterday to get here but all good now

Yes it was very breezy here in Puerto Cruz in Tenerife yesterday with a lot of white tops on the sea and the waves crashing onto the coast, so I can imagine it was bumpy out at sea.

But as you say, all blown over today, and actually a bit too damn hot to be out in the sun, but then I saw the image from my doorbell camera of my post lady delivering some mail, with her in a woolly hat and gloves and thought again.

As for coffee, well if P&O ships sold these... (and astonishingly that was only €1.60).

image.thumb.jpeg.d6075ac3e0460384de5acb93505e2f1c.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Lovely Madeira today.  Azura had a bit of a bumpy ride yesterday to get here but all good now 😎

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

Is this Camara de Lobos? Our favourite place to go for coffee - all looks lovely.  Enjoy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

@Peanut006

How's your Mum doing Michele?

Avril

Hi Avril, just back from hospital now. Yesterday she was no way at all, in bed and sent us home because she didn’t want visitors. Today when I got there she was sat in a chair at the side of the bed. Drs say she can come home but there is no way she could manage at home. She has told them she doesn’t need a care package she can manage herself, in reality she can’t get across the ward to the bathroom without a nurse helping her. We have an appointment to see the Dr tomorrow afternoon. The other concern is she won’t eat, only having porridge and ice cream and is refusing any other food. I don’t know what to think really.

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, 9265359 said:

Yes it was very breezy here in Puerto Cruz in Tenerife yesterday with a lot of white tops on the sea and the waves crashing onto the coast, so I can imagine it was bumpy out at sea.

But as you say, all blown over today, and actually a bit too damn hot to be out in the sun, but then I saw the image from my doorbell camera of my post lady delivering some mail, with her in a woolly hat and gloves and thought again.

As for coffee, well if P&O ships sold these... (and astonishingly that was only €1.60).

image.thumb.jpeg.d6075ac3e0460384de5acb93505e2f1c.jpeg

My favourite coffee

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi Avril, just back from hospital now. Yesterday she was no way at all, in bed and sent us home because she didn’t want visitors. Today when I got there she was sat in a chair at the side of the bed. Drs say she can come home but there is no way she could manage at home. She has told them she doesn’t need a care package she can manage herself, in reality she can’t get across the ward to the bathroom without a nurse helping her. We have an appointment to see the Dr tomorrow afternoon. The other concern is she won’t eat, only having porridge and ice cream and is refusing any other food. I don’t know what to think really.

Michelle

That must be such a worry for you Michelle. Sounds like this has knocked her confidence. I hope things settle down soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

When Pauline's late mam was in hospital aged 92 after she fractured her hip and her dementia was getting worse she was only allowed home because Pauline's brother lived with his mam and we were there to care for her too.

There was a couple of elderly ladies on the same ward that the doctor's would not let them leave because they lived alone and needed carer's.

I hope everything works out for you both.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning 7.c and very dull looking morning but later off to see our great granddaughter so she should brighten our day up🙂

@Peanut006 Hope you get things sorted today with your mum's ability getting around .

At least she's eating even if it's only porridge and ice cream at the moment .

Good luck .I think the hozzie will sort her for you.🙂

Take care everyone😃

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning 7.c and very dull looking morning but later off to see our great granddaughter so she should brighten our day up🙂

@Peanut006 Hope you get things sorted today with your mum's ability getting around .

Take care everyone😃

Have a lovely day with your great granddaughter, Kalos.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Back in my "white van man" plumbing days I was elite on the boat in the last pic.The Captain never invited me for cocktails though.

Last time I used it the lounge was closed....Oi, back in yer car..too dangerous for the punters on deck.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Take care everyone😃

I hope you have a lovely time today with your great granddaughter @kalos

I have just had porridge followed by a Cadbury cream egg for my breakfast.

9°C and partly sunny here.

Today is Pauline's late dad's 97th birthday.

He was the nicest person I have ever met.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

This was 35 years ago with me our Sarah and Roy Pauline's dad.

Screenshot_20240220_092145.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Take care everyone😃

Have a lovely time today with your great granddaughter 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1