P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’m back from my evening out which was lovely apart from husband spilling my free cocktail over my phone and me , it was a strawberry daiquiri so now all sticky but in compensation I got another 2 cocktails because it was buy one get one free so bonus to me , dinner was lovely but starters alone would of been enough for us after our diets for the last 3 weeks our stomachs have shrunk but a lovely meal nonetheless Im another year older so  very good night .😍

08360472-C100-4FDA-93E1-B1939625E8C5.jpeg

8E4D2C7A-3B36-4EA7-AFF3-C6598FD954BB.jpeg

C95304A4-C155-4BBA-87D2-0479DA60DD10.jpeg

730B2A77-E3A9-45D7-9D7E-23EE959F638A.jpeg

Happy birthday Sandra.

sandra-16.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Well I’m about to start packing soon for our next adventure- Disney world Florida for three weeks. 

we have had such an amazing 18months of holidays. We’ve been on Britannia to Spain and France. Then we tried our hand at msc first the fjords on virtuosa then to Northern Europe on preziosa. We did the canaries on iona. Had a wonderful pre chirstmas getaway to Disneyland Paris. Although it didn’t do a patch on Florida, the chirstmas decorations were lovely. We’ve just gotten back from our fjords cruise on iona with the parents in law tagging along at the last minute and now we have 5 days to go till I’m back where I love best. 

now my holiday pot is completely dry I have to get back to saving for the next four adventures that we have booked for the next two years. I haven’t at all got enough holidays booked for my liking (my bank balance says no though currently) so it’s been awesome while it lasted.

if anyone wants to send me winning lottery tickets that will be much appreciated 😂 

I know it’s a cruise board but I’ll probably post some Disney pics on here. 

I’d love to see some pics 👍. I bet your girls are so excited!  I’ll be there myself in November and might even go into a park if DH can be persuaded.  Have a ball and I hope the weather is kind to you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Well I’m about to start packing soon for our next adventure- Disney world Florida for three weeks. 

we have had such an amazing 18months of holidays. We’ve been on Britannia to Spain and France. Then we tried our hand at msc first the fjords on virtuosa then to Northern Europe on preziosa. We did the canaries on iona. Had a wonderful pre chirstmas getaway to Disneyland Paris. Although it didn’t do a patch on Florida, the chirstmas decorations were lovely. We’ve just gotten back from our fjords cruise on iona with the parents in law tagging along at the last minute and now we have 5 days to go till I’m back where I love best. 

now my holiday pot is completely dry I have to get back to saving for the next four adventures that we have booked for the next two years. I haven’t at all got enough holidays booked for my liking (my bank balance says no though currently) so it’s been awesome while it lasted.

if anyone wants to send me winning lottery tickets that will be much appreciated 😂 

Look Forward to seeing their little smiley faces at Disney🥳

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’m back from my evening out which was lovely apart from husband spilling my free cocktail over my phone and me , it was a strawberry daiquiri so now all sticky but in compensation I got another 2 cocktails because it was buy one get one free so bonus to me , dinner was lovely but starters alone would of been enough for us after our diets for the last 3 weeks our stomachs have shrunk but a lovely meal nonetheless Im another year older so  very good night .😍

08360472-C100-4FDA-93E1-B1939625E8C5.jpeg

8E4D2C7A-3B36-4EA7-AFF3-C6598FD954BB.jpeg

C95304A4-C155-4BBA-87D2-0479DA60DD10.jpeg

730B2A77-E3A9-45D7-9D7E-23EE959F638A.jpeg

Blimey,where were the other 8 people on your table.From a fellow carnivore, that looks great.

• Haha 6

Thank you it was great I would be just happy with the starter as my main meal, we waisted most of the chips and all the rice under the meat and just brought the meat home , so nibbles for tonight when we get back from visiting bovington tank museum today taking our grandson on a educational visit and to see my husband’s donations from years back 😂 

• Like 3

Hi all,off to Stanstead on National Express,picking up hire car.We're off to Weymouth Bay tomorrow with family.2 caravans at Haven.Taking the car back early hours Tuesday and catching the 6.15 flight back to Italy.Busy weekend,lol.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

waisted most of the chips and all the rice under the meat 

Is that a Freudian slip or a typo.☺️.We hope to visit the tank museum while in your area.Brian.

• Haha 4

Morning ,nice morning again, really bright sunshine again. I treat myself to a new

pair of sunglasses yesterday, settled for a pair of Foster Grants.

Last time I had a pair of them was back in the 70's, possibly influenced by the TV 

advert for them back in the day .Slogan was "Break out the Foster Grants"

Anyone remember the advert ?

Anyway I will have a busy day sat in the garden wearing them ,to watch the world go by .

I never realised being retired could be so busy and hard work 😉

Have a great day everyone 🙂

HousekeepingCartoonsandComics-funnypicturesfromCartoonStock.jpg.eb56ee8260aa59f3ae3a8ed10afe7876.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Is that a Freudian slip or a typo.☺️.We hope to visit the tank museum while in your area.Brian.

I don’t know Brian I think I’m still under the influence of the cocktails 😁

Have a lovely time in Weymouth with your family it’s a lovely beach and then jetting back to Italy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another nice morning here.  I have just been outside to the bin and it is already quite warm.

We are taking my niece and her children for the "end of half-term" lunch today, we usually take them on the last day of school holidays but I am meeting my sisters for lunch tomorrow so it is the children's lunch today.  I am supposed to be dieting in preparation for our next cruise but the way it is going I will have to go shopping for larger clothes. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,off to Stanstead on National Express,picking up hire car.We're off to Weymouth Bay tomorrow with family.2 caravans at Haven.Taking the car back early hours Tuesday and catching the 6.15 flight back to Italy.Busy weekend,lol.

We had a week at Weymouth Bay last year. Have fun.🥳

• Thanks 1

After an email from Which? this morning I learned a new term - Nottingham Knockers.

Not what you might think, Kalos, but we’ve all probably had them at the door, ex-prisoners selling tat from a hold-all.

Nobody here daft enough to fall for their tricks, but this is an interesting read. I reported the last lot to the police because they’re often threatening and we have quite a few vulnerable older people in the village. The police, at least round here, do take it seriously and usually send a car out.

https://www.oprepeat.co.uk/nottingham-knockers/

• Like 3

We used to see them quite a lot - being fairly near to Nottingham, on the borders with Lincs - but not recently.  I think their methods have become very well known around here, so they are leaving us alone more.

17 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not what you might think, Kalos

To be honest I thought you were talking about a top shelf magazine you find in newsagents 🙃

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning ,nice morning again, really bright sunshine again. I treat myself to a new

pair of sunglasses yesterday, settled for a pair of Foster Grants.

Last time I had a pair of them was back in the 70's, possibly influenced by the TV 

advert for them back in the day .Slogan was "Break out the Foster Grants"

Anyone remember the advert ?

Anyway I will have a busy day sat in the garden wearing them ,to watch the world go by .

I never realised being retired could be so busy and hard work 😉

Have a great day everyone 🙂

HousekeepingCartoonsandComics-funnypicturesfromCartoonStock.jpg.eb56ee8260aa59f3ae3a8ed10afe7876.jpg

Oh how I can relate to this one.

Our daughter gave us a fridge magnet at the weekend saying, ''As I get older I find my mind doesn't just wander, sometimes it buggers of completely'' Very fitting for me.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh how I can relate to this one.

Our daughter gave us a fridge magnet at the weekend saying, ''As I get older I find my mind doesn't just wander, sometimes it buggers of completely'' Very fitting for me.

Avril

Some days I  can forget what I'm doing whilst I'm still doing it 😉

• Haha 9

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had breakfast sitting on our patio this morning at 7am and the sun was hot.

We had lunch overlooking the North Sea and it is cloudy and cool now.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

IMG_20230525_134140.jpg

Graham.  What have McCafe done to upset you.?🤣

• Haha 7

Just back from lunch with my niece but not the children,  I thought that it was half term but apparently that is next week.  Sarah was surprised when we went to pick them up but she managed to come with us. We now have to go out for lunch again next week hopefully with the children.

She is blaming "chemo brain" for not noticing that I had said this Thursday to go out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

My youngest daughter is there at the monent with hubby and 2 kids (1 of each). She sent me a video from their balcony yesterday of a giraffe walking about. Looked amazing. I think they are staying at the animal kingdom?. They went monday.

• Like 1