P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

200 metres from McDonald's  is a brand new food park with 

Greggs.

Starbucks.

Burger King.

Kentucky fried chicken.

Be good to have those on the ship.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

200 metres from McDonald's  is a brand new food park with 

Greggs.

Starbucks.

Burger King.

Kentucky fried chicken.

It's going to be a bit cramped on the cars dash with that lot 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Greggs are everywhere now including conveniently near the check ins at Newcastle Airport.

We've got one at E-mids as well and someone bumped into me at Greggs and knocked my

pies and sausage rolls all over the floor:classic_sad:

Just goes to show you shouldn't put all your Greggs all in one basket 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

We are now all packed and ready to go tomorrow on our first cruise since 2019 in probably our favourite PO ship now, Britannia. May not post much away as like to switch off but will let you all know how it goes when we get back.

Getting excited now 🤗 😆 ☺️ 

• Like 20

Just now, Presto2 said:

We are now all packed and ready to go tomorrow on our first cruise since 2019 in probably our favourite PO ship now, Britannia. May not post much away as like to switch off but will let you all know how it goes when we get back.

Have a really great time.

x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have a great time, looking forward to reading about it, especially as we’re on Britannia next year and 2025

• Like 2

Anyone else happen to have bought a life membership to Saga some considerable time ago when they were offering them?

The welcome letter (rather a long time ago) included this sentence:

"Your new membership card entitles you to receive twelve copies of Saga per year for life"

They're now sending out letters to life members telling them that if they want to continue to receive the Saga magazine they'll have to pay £29.95 a year for it - despite having already bought a lifetime subscription to it.  Basically, they've got themselves into a financial hole through mismanagement, and they're expecting their members to pay twice over to help them out!  

Anyone else in this position, and gearing up for a challenge?

24 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sounds great - have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Have a great time, looking forward to reading about it, especially as we’re on Britannia next year and 2025

She is a lovely ship and a good size for us. 😀

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have a fantastic time... 

Looking forward to your review. 

Andy 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We are now all packed and ready to go tomorrow on our first cruise since 2019

Should be a special moment when she slips her lines and the horn blows.

I'm sure it will be magical ,four years waiting ...You enjoy ! 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Anyone else happen to have bought a life membership to Saga some considerable time ago when they were offering them?

"Your new membership card entitles you to receive twelve copies of Saga per year for life"

They're now sending out letters to life members telling them that if they want to continue to receive the Saga magazine they'll have to pay £29.95 a year for it - despite having already bought a lifetime subscription to it.  Basically, they've got themselves into a financial hole through mismanagement, and they're expecting their members to pay twice over to help them out!  

+1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

You won't sleep tonight! Have a fabulous cruise. Wishing you great food, great fun, and calm seas. 

Jane xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise @Presto2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are currently in Aomori which is a small town on the East coast. We had a good trip to a museum where they mainly show the very impressive floats made from Bamboo and rice paper. This was followed by another temple where they have a twenty one metre statue of Buddha, we had a teaceremony and Mrs yp was invited to play a harp like instrument. Overall a great informative tour. One more port and then we tootle across to Alaska.

• Like 9

It looks like another nice day.  The birds kindly sounded thier alarm at 3:15 this morning so I have been awake since then so only 4 hours sleep.  The upside to the early morning is that the washing is already out on the line to dry.

Today is our sisters monthly lunch, we are going to a place that I haven't been to for almost 5 years but it used to be very good so I am hopeful.  The last time I went there was the last time that I saw one of my friends who sadly passed away 2 weeks later so I have mixed feelings about going.

Have a great day whether on land or at sea.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We are currently in Aomori which is a small town on the East coast. We had a good trip to a museum where they mainly show the very impressive floats made from Bamboo and rice paper. This was followed by another temple where they have a twenty one metre statue of Buddha, we had a teaceremony and Mrs yp was invited to play a harp like instrument. Overall a great informative tour. One more port and then we tootle across to Alaska.

It sounds like a great trip that you are doing.  I loved Alaska both times that we cruised there.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not doing themselves any favours.They put my car insurance up 200 quid this year despite 15 years no claims.Goodbye Saga,got it 150 cheaper elsewhere.

• Like 4