P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

A lovely bright sunny start to the day.

I got home yesterday afternoon after my cruise.

A busy day, first off today I have a MRI appointment at 8.15 in Truro so have to be there by 8 and then it's a trip to Tescos, I also need to work out how I'm going to get to the hospital in Plymouth tomorrow, so it's straight back to reality! 

Hope you all enjoy the Bank Holiday.

Pam 

Hope your MRI goes ok for you today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Old Mother Shiptons cave is a tourist attraction on the outskirts of Knaresborough on the main road to Harrogate.

Harrogate is about 4 miles from Knaresborough and much better imo.

We've done Harrogate  though. Fabulous place

In fact my mum and dad lived there when my dad worked for Leeds United for a couple of years so we visited a lot

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Morning from Nordfjord something or other. We we aren't there yet as we were delayed due to a medical emergency and boppy seas. Pouring down and low cloud ... anyone know if they'll make us go up the sky lift? Have brought 2 large cases but not thought about a hat and gloves. There's snow up in those mountains !!!!

Ps NO comments about the weather at home accepted!! 😉

not a comment but a picture. Sorry it is upside down but the sky looks the same whichever way you look at it

IMG_1119.thumb.jpeg.089ada1efbe4203aa85cf370ccf3c0ba.jpeg

Edited by pete14
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We've done Harrogate  though. Fabulous place

In fact my mum and dad lived there when my dad worked for Leeds United for a couple of years so we visited a lot

Knaresborough has a nice but small market Square just off the long main road running through the town.

Nice pub and garden opposite the entrance to Old Mother Shiptons cave.

I'm sure you will have a great day and Harrogate is very close as well.

York is an amazing city and the Designer shopping outlet just off the A64 is excellent too.

Edited by grapau27

Morning all hope you all have a nice day wherever your going today .

A fair chunk of S Yorkshire will have a nice day out down Wembley , one team 

will have a nicer day than the other though.

For those who like Bank Holiday shopping in supermarkets ,good luck .

Far to busy for my liking .I once went on a bank holiday and it was packed ,everyone

seemed to be there shopping . Dianna Ross was behind me at the check out and 

tried to barge her way past me but I was having non of it , so I told her ..

" You can't hurry love , you'll just have to wait !  "  🙃

Whatever your doing enjoy 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Think port is cancelled we are leaving.. oh well .. can't so much about the weather and conditions.  Speak tomorrow everyone. Are we insured for missed ports??

Are you not anchoring and then tendering? Was the cable car the one at Loen?

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder if Mother Shiptons cave is still there?

Last time I went it was firmly attached to it's surroundings and as far as I know 

caves are not very mobile 😉

This cave has it's own web site 🙂

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Think port is cancelled we are leaving.. oh well .. can't so much about the weather and conditions.  Speak tomorrow everyone. Are we insured for missed ports??

Where should you have been going to today. I suppose you didn’t do an advance booking of the weather on the app. That must be the issue. Insurance depends on your policy

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Are you not anchoring and then tendering? Was the cable car the one at Loen?

No were going to use an air bridge but too windy and can't use enough lines to secure ship. Cable cat.. yes. No chance in this so in some ways done us a favour as didn't fancy a cable car in the cold and clouds

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Last time I went it was firmly attached to it's surroundings and as far as I know 

caves are not very mobile 😉

This cave has it's own web site 🙂

I think the company running it went bust during covid, but the website does say it's now open, so possibly it was reincarnated!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kalos said:

We used to take the kids there in the 80's camping , lovely lido in the river and Mother 

Shiptons cave that Paul Daniels used to own.. Have a good day  there .

We used to go to the lido too. I have a photograph of the kids in the river. You can't see any water, just a few hundred air beds 😂

• Like 2

Brilliant sunshine here today. I am currently writing this cowering in the shade of a sun brolly out in the back garden patio with a glass of chilled Chablis to hand.

Need to take picture as this doesn’t happen too often up here. As a nod to reality there is still a vestige of snow on the top of the hills I can see from the upstairs windows of the house. Can’t see anything to spoil the illusion of sunshine from the gardens as we have bushes and trees right round.

Hope you are all enjoying the fine weather where you are.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

@Presto2 I won't mention that we are having lunch in the garden or how nice and sunny it is here in Stoke-on-Trent today.

I hope you are enjoying the cruise despite the weather.

Hello from a wet windy Norway. Have to say we've loved today. The Capt has taken us through lots of different fjords to avoid going out to sea yet as it is chopping. It has been wet but stunning and sooooooooo relaxing. Scenery stunning despite it all. PO done us proud today and not wanting to sound like a cheerleader ... it really has been an excellent day for us. Will just have to come back again to find the sunshine 🌞 20230529_114637.thumb.jpg.26196337eb39e2e2eb6ba86c74353ea7.jpg

20230529_131936.jpg

20230529_141232.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Hello from a wet windy Norway. Have to say we've loved today. The Capt has taken us through lots of different fjords to avoid going out to sea yet as it is chopping. It has been wet but stunning and sooooooooo relaxing. Scenery stunning despite it all. PO done us proud today and not wanting to sound like a cheerleader ... it really has been an excellent day for us. Will just have to come back again to find the sunshine 🌞 20230529_114637.thumb.jpg.26196337eb39e2e2eb6ba86c74353ea7.jpg

20230529_131936.jpg

20230529_141232.jpg

Just to cheer you up, here's one we did earlier.

IMG_20180710_100625.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1