P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Men,!!!!   or some of them.,    I give up.     The girls will understand this one.

Not far from here we have a lovely Country Pub with really nice food, and sauces and the desserts were mmm   mmmm.  

Anyway after the surgery, I am still in some unconnected pain  and losing a bit of weight might help the walking.  So tonight I go to Fat Club (SW) for the first time, but it is at 5.30.

I said to OH "What about dinner tonight" meaning it might be late or I can do the slow cooker.  His reply was  "Oh why don't I phone up that lovely pub and book us a table.   You loved it there"  GRRRR

I am afraid my reply was a sarcastic tongue in cheek "No don't worry we can pick up a Big Mac and chips on the way home!"  🤣🤣😍

• Haha 13

Just had a delightful call from ‘O2’ offering me a wonderful new contract with a 30% discount.

Always difficult, isn’t it - do you just end the call, or have you got time for a game?

Plenty of time today, so one of my standard routines:

”Hi. I’m glad you called. I’ve got a special price on some double glazing units - would you like to buy some?”

”I’m sorry, I’m not sure about that. I’ll get my supervisor.”

Gets supervisor.

”Hello. What is it that you have” 

“I’ve got a special price on some double glazing units - would you like to buy some?”

”What are they?”

”You are calling from the UK, aren’t you?”

”Oh yes, sir. Calling from the UK for O2.”

”You’ll know all about double glazing units then, won’t you?”

”Double glazing eunuchs?”

It all got even sillier after this, until he finally put the phone down on me. And my wife explained that eunuchs in India are very common! But double glazed ones?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

47 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Sadly it seems this weather system is stuck, which for those of us in the East means days of cloud one after the other. Turned cool yesterday afternoon. Drizzly this morning. Did my stint at the museum as usual this morning and this afternoon brings the delights of ironing. Oh be still my beating heart...

Yip I think it is universally agreed that the vast majority of us hate ironing! A purely necessary evil if I don’t want to look like an unmade bed though.

Still warm up here, 3 whole days of it!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just had a delightful call from ‘O2’ offering me a wonderful new contract with a 30% discount.

Always difficult, isn’t it - do you just end the call, or have you got time for a game?

”Hi. I’m glad you called. I’ve got a special price on some double glazing units - would you like to buy some?”

Gets supervisor.

“I’ve got a special price on some double glazing units - would you like to buy some?”

”What are they?”

It all got even sillier after this, until he finally put the phone down on me. And my wife explained that eunuchs in India are very common! But double glazed ones?

Reminds me of a phone call we got in the cabin once after we’d already gone to bed.

”Hello madam, did you order laminate?”

”Pardon, laminate?”

Yes madam, this is room service, did you order laminate?”

”Laminate?”

”Yes madam, LEM-ON-ADE?”

• Haha 8

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Reminds me of a phone call we got in the cabin once after we’d already gone to bed.

”Hello madam, did you order laminate?”

”Pardon, laminate?”

Yes madam, this is room service, did you order laminate?”

”Laminate?”

”Yes madam, LEM-ON-ADE?”

Reminds me of my Mrs when she wanted peppercorn sauce with her steak in the Glasshouse.

He read our orders back and said "Cardamom"  to which she replied " No Peppercorn sauce".

This went on for just over a minute where I intervened and said ,pointing to her hand ..

"He's saying Card ma'am , he wants the cruise card your holding for payment "😕

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Gets supervisor.

”What are they?”

I used to have fun winding up the scammers, spammers and unwanted sales calls, but they seemed have ceased or perhaps I have be blocked by them. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Last day in Gwynned, Cymer Abbey, Afon Mawddach riverside walk and Barmouth. This mini break has been such a refreshing change away from the city. The dogs have loved it as well and were absolutely shattered last night.

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

e9b5efa5-4387-453f-9773-ac10a1b87144.JPG

9f71a7ae-b9b2-47d3-8a9d-0122d5c71073.JPG

3aeeafa1-06d8-4d95-83bb-5a6e5bd732c6.JPG

IMG_3006.jpg

8e4f5c16-474b-445c-b3c4-58691882dd53.JPG

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 19

19 hours ago, Britboys said:

Sadly it seems this weather system is stuck, which for those of us in the East means days of cloud one after the other. Turned cool yesterday afternoon. Drizzly this morning. Did my stint at the museum as usual this morning and this afternoon brings the delights of ironing. Oh be still my beating heart...

Same here in North Kent, thick white cloud again! I’m getting heartily fed up of weather forecasters saying ‘ another lovely sunny day’ It’s not here!

My ‘social media’ memory tells me I was at Southampton this day in 2015 off to the Canaries! Take me back! Mind you in the photo I’m holding a strawberry daiquiri in my hand and it was overcast - I can still feel the cold glass in my hand!

• Like 7

Bright and sunny again down here, Sorry Sue!

A group of us are off the the theatre in Truro tonight to see Mamma Mia, but nothing else planned for today, just going to make the most of the good weather with a book in the garden.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Screenshot_20230601_094030_BlueLightCard.thumb.jpg.ed3c6b041ff363ebe773a1486de4befd.jpgIf anyone can make use of this.......apologies if its been posted before 

Thanks.  I've seen good tempting deals already for this one, but the BLC offer looks a no brainer on the face of it. Time to make a call methinks 😃

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DamianG said:

Thanks, Google let me down, maybe it got its information from Wikipedia!

I've had a scour through Google Damian, and according to what I found you're half right.

Quote - 'Meaning chosen one, prophetess, seeress. Vala is a feminine name of primarily German origin infused with mystical energy.' A lovely name with an interesting meaning.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Rabbit Rabbit 🐇 White rabbit for the first day of the month.

Cloudy but mild here.

I hope everyone has a great day.

A priest, a rabbit and a minister walk into a pub.

The landlord asks the rabbit “What can I get you to drink”.
The rabbit says “I have no idea, I’m only here because of spell checker”.😄😉

Also six years ago on this date I was sat admiring the view of a favourite beach of mine 😍

Have a great day 🙂   20170602_174937.thumb.jpg.9a3df9a1012e158bea72e937bcf077dd.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Last day in Gwynned, Cymer Abbey, Afon Mawddach riverside walk and Barmouth. This mini break has been such a refreshing change away from the city. The dogs have loved it as well and were absolutely shattered last night.

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_3007.MOV 629.55 kB · 1 download

Bloody cowboy builders,they only asked for a thru lounge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, kalos said:

A priest, a rabbit and a minister walk into a pub.

The landlord asks the rabbit “What can I get you to drink”.
The rabbit says “I have no idea, I’m only here because of spell checker”.😄😉

Also six years ago on this date I was sat admiring the view of a favourite beach of mine 😍

Have a great day 🙂   20170602_174937.thumb.jpg.9a3df9a1012e158bea72e937bcf077dd.jpg

I know that room Kalos overlooking Seaburn Beach.

We have stayed there several times.

• Like 2

Sunny & less wind today. Just met my 2 friends for a long overdue coffee & charity shop rummage. We used to work together at the primary school & cruised with our Dh’s several times, first time since my friend started her chemo last sept we’ve all met up. 

• Like 6

I have been watching the news and was interested to see that the results of the GRAIL trial have been released because I took part in this trial.  My doctor had referred me for the trial because of my previous cancer history.  I hope that the GRAIL test will be rolled out because in my case it it detected early signs of breast cancer and while I was upset that it was back again I had the cells removed under local anesthetic and am now having annual checks.  My sister also took part in the trial but luckily she did not have any signs for any of the cancers that it detects.

• Like 21

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I know that room Kalos overlooking Seaburn Beach.

We have stayed there several times.

Yes we have stayed there as well. There used to be a model sailing ship on the table which is why we referred to it as the boat room. Beautiful area.

• Like 4