P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Food looks good. Is that a fan to cool the food down?.

It goes everywhere with me zapp can’t live without it , and you what the crew always want one , so I’m thinking next time I’m on in September I’m buying a few more to give them instead of last night extra tips , they still get ther normal tips etc but I think fans at the end 😂

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

It goes everywhere with me zapp can’t live without it , and you what the crew always want one , so I’m thinking next time I’m on in September I’m buying a few more to give them instead of last night extra tips , they still get ther normal tips etc but I think fans at the end 😂

My mrs had one that sprayed a mist of water.

We have arrived in Seward Alaska after seven days at sea, smooth sailing with dull weather for five days and sunfor two. It was a bit odd having the same day twice after crossing the dateline. Alaska is just as stunning as its last time with plenty of wildlife.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

But the good news is one of our auctions (the one I am managing) is at Club Wembley!!

There's worse places to work!

Meanwhile my wife managed an auction at Epsom Derby next to The Winning Post today

So we both got some sport alongside work with a great view !

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sounds like you've got lots of fans.🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Sounds like you've got lots of fans.🤣

I like a Constance breeze in my face ! Puts the electric bills up now, I’m not my husband’s favourite person for 6 months now while the weather getting hotter 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I like a Constance breeze in my face ! Puts the electric bills up now, I’m not my husband’s favourite person for 6 months now while the weather getting hotter 

I like your strange spell checker. 😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well we we’re on board at 10.45 had coffee and cake and champagne, then off to dinning room for lunch now going to room 

IMG_2521.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

IMG_2525.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2530.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg

IMG_2535.jpeg

10:45am boarding time, fantastic! Happy anniversary and happy cruising.

Love that forward view window space by the way.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had a fantastic day yesterday food was fantastic in the crown grill they made us a big chocolate cake and sang happy anniversary to us and our cabin steward gave a bottle of fizz , it’s starting to get cold now and grey skies were due in at Bergen at 2 tomorrow, delayed due to generator being serviced but it’s going to go sunny, dinner tonight being formal was ok had duck but no beef wellington or lobster! Lots of places to sit and relax and lots of Americans on ship and making lots of new friends 

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

IMG_2563.jpeg

IMG_2565.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2611.jpeg

1BA33C5B-05D9-49CE-B152-2FCFC66BD9AD.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Had a fantastic day yesterday food was fantastic in the crown grill they made us a big chocolate cake and sang happy anniversary to us and our cabin steward gave a bottle of fizz , it’s starting to get cold now and grey skies were due in at Bergen at 2 tomorrow, delayed due to generator being serviced but it’s going to go sunny, dinner tonight being formal was ok had duck but no beef wellington or lobster! Lots of places to sit and relax and lots of Americans on ship and making lots of new friends 

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

IMG_2563.jpeg

IMG_2565.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2611.jpeg

Fantastic photos.

Happy belated Anniversary to you both.

Good wishes for an amazing cruise.

IMG_20230605_074547.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

IMG_2563.jpeg

IMG_2565.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2611.jpeg

Wow - they even built a Champagne waterfall for you... 😉😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, jeanlyon said:

Talking of wind, will this Easterly wind every stop.  The weather is beautiful, but that keen cold Easterly is awful.

Count yourself lucky that you have beautiful weather Jean. The thick cloud has returned to the eastern side of the country!

16 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Count yourself lucky that you have beautiful weather Jean. The thick cloud has returned to the eastern side of the country!

That’s a shame. Here in Dorset we have had blue skies all day today and we need the gentle breeze to cool things down 🤣🤣

• Like 3

Hi Everyone, hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.

I have just done a Tesco shop with my mum and I am now stretched out on a sun lounger in the garden with an ice cream.

Our elderly doggie is still not wanting to eat much and is turning his nose up at things he used to love like chicken and sausages. We even bought him his favourite - a Greggs sausage roll and he wasn’t interested. I have just bought him some mince so we will give that a try.

Michelle

• Like 11

It was a bit on the cool side this morning but it has warmed up nicely.  I am hoping now that it cools down again before 6:30 because one of my bowling teammates has asked me to help her out by playing for her team this evening.  I don't usually play on Mondays because it is my busiest day of the week but the occasional game is ok, especially when it isn't raining.  My cousin's husband is the captain of the opponents so that should be interesting.

• Like 7

Another glorious day of sunshine, although easterly wind took the edge off the temperatures. Possible another evening of tea on the patio, becoming a regular occurrence, and looking at forecast will be repeating a few times this week.

Another afternoon of volunteering was surprisingly quiet for an hour so sat on the chairs enjoying the sunshine and identifying birdsong. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi Everyone, hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.

I have just done a Tesco shop with my mum and I am now stretched out on a sun lounger in the garden with an ice cream.

Our elderly doggie is still not wanting to eat much and is turning his nose up at things he used to love like chicken and sausages. We even bought him his favourite - a Greggs sausage roll and he wasn’t interested. I have just bought him some mince so we will give that a try.

Michelle

Hope it’s just the heat that’s putting your doggie off his food.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

That’s a shame. Here in Dorset we have had blue skies all day today and we need the gentle breeze to cool things down 🤣🤣

And there was me thinking everyone on this board was nice... 😉😂

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Just shows we can all be wrong very occasionally …….🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Angel57
Missed word
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

And just to show that they aren’t I’ll put the boot in and say that sunny Glasgow (much maligned for many things) has entered its second week of fabulous sunshine 😎🌞.   Such a wonderful change for us to get better weather than you lucky guys down south!   

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

And just to show that they aren’t I’ll put the boot in and say that sunny Glasgow (much maligned for many things) has entered its second week of fabulous sunshine 😎🌞.   Such a wonderful change for us to get better weather than you lucky guys down south!   

At least my mother-in-law will be enjoying the sunny weather then...😊

• Haha 3