P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just been invited to bid for an upgrade on my 21 night Arcadia cruise

> mini suite £1,900

> aft suite £3,200

> suite £3,820

i though suites were not available for solo occupancy and I am happy with my saver balcony cabin for £1,799 thank you very much. 🤑

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

A few years ago we supplied materials to  construct the Barking By-pass. It's thanks to those of us involved in the project that Barking is the delightful little Riverside village that we all love and enjoy today.🤣

It's ironic that the main road connecting Barking with the bypass is called Movers Lane.

Liverpool restaurants  -  Eglesbrech, I have just heard from my son and his recommendation is Mowgli, Water Street.  He says it is a buzzy place, not quiet and romantic, but that the Indian food (which he is quite an expert on) is excellent and very different from your average Indian.  This might or might not be up your street - if you think it might, they have a website obviously, and some very good reviews on Tripadvisor.   He confirmed his view of Moor Hall - somewhat pretentious, and some staff poorly trained.  I notice Tripadvisor has some great reviews and others agreeing with this.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It's ironic that the main road connecting Barking with the bypass is called Movers Lane.

Every 2 weeks, on a Friday morning I had to attend a progress meeting. If anyone wanted me our secretary would say ' ees Barking e is. '

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Every 2 weeks, on a Friday morning I had to attend a progress meeting. If anyone wanted me our secretary would say ' ees Barking e is. '

When I was in my late teens we used to go a "disco" pub adjacent to the Movers Lane flyover.It was called the Volunteer.Gateway to Thames view estate and other salubrious areas

• Haha 1

@Eglesbrech if Indian isn’t your thing then there’s the Art House restaurant in central Liverpool which has an excellent reputation, Panoramic 34 on the waterfront (not far from the Malmaison hotel), the London Carriageworks near the cathedrals and Philharmonic pub, which is renowned for its ornate male toilets, and if you like Chinese food the Yuet Ben in Chinatown is good (we have the oldest established Chinese community outside of London).

If I think of any more then I’ll let you know.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We have just had to cancel an Arvia Med cruise on 17th Sept this year, so there is an accessible balcony cabin available, if you're quick.

Oh no John sorry to hear that .

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well we we’re on board at 10.45 had coffee and cake and champagne, then off to dinning room for lunch now going to room 

IMG_2521.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

IMG_2525.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2530.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg

IMG_2535.jpeg

Perfect! Happy anniversary! 🥂🥂

Have a great time and keep those photos coming 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Just been invited to bid for an upgrade on my 21 night Arcadia cruise

> mini suite £1,900

> aft suite £3,200

> suite £3,820

i though suites were not available for solo occupancy and I am happy with my saver balcony cabin for £1,799 thank you very much. 🤑

Yes I had one a few weeks ok to bid for a higher cabin. Glad I didn’t go for it as I’m very happy with my 12.30 embarkation time. Yesterday I got another email for more bidding - £50 each for a deluxe balcony. I’m staying where I am though. We go in only 2 weeks so I’m surprised they’re still offering them. There were all level of suites as well.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Well we we’re on board at 10.45 had coffee and cake and champagne, then off to dinning room for lunch now going to room 

IMG_2521.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

IMG_2525.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2530.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg

IMG_2535.jpeg

Food looks good. Is that a fan to cool the food down?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Liverpool restaurants  -  Eglesbrech, I have just heard from my son and his recommendation is Mowgli, Water Street.  He says it is a buzzy place, not quiet and romantic, but that the Indian food (which he is quite an expert on) is excellent and very different from your average Indian.  This might or might not be up your street - if you think it might, they have a website obviously, and some very good reviews on Tripadvisor.   He confirmed his view of Moor Hall - somewhat pretentious, and some staff poorly trained.  I notice Tripadvisor has some great reviews and others agreeing with this.

We both love Indian food so Please thank your son for me.

3 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

@Eglesbrech if Indian isn’t your thing then there’s the Art House restaurant in central Liverpool which has an excellent reputation, Panoramic 34 on the waterfront (not far from the Malmaison hotel), the London Carriageworks near the cathedrals and Philharmonic pub, which is renowned for its ornate male toilets, and if you like Chinese food the Yuet Ben in Chinatown is good (we have the oldest established Chinese community outside of London).

If I think of any more then I’ll let you know.

Must tell Oh about the toilets!

If you have looked at the website, the dishes all look very confusing to me - but I am only a fairweather Indian food fan; give me the korma type dish ay time.  He certainly loved it - and it is not expensive. It does look attractive in the pictures - I wonder if there is a hotel fairly near there for b and b.

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Plenty to choose from!  I hesitated to mention the Philharmonic, as I don't know what the food is like, and have not been in it for some 50 years,  but for a lovely old pub you can't beat it.

Do they serve dinner in the gents?Seated of course.

• Haha 1