P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries,I guess I know my place.If I was on the Titanic I'd be sharing a bunk in the basement with Leonardo.😊

I don't think you're his type Brian - unless of course you're really a nubile 20 something blonde! J.xxx

• Haha 8

43 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries,I guess I know my place.If I was on the Titanic I'd be sharing a bunk in the basement with Leonardo.😊

Now if you’d created something like Charlie Mullins’ Pimlico Plumbers (Pitsea Plumbers?) you’d own the ship!

Enjoy your Italian stay, Brian. 

By the way, you’ll know Barking I guess. I listened to a radio programme about Essex the other day - shocked to learn that a couple of centuries back it had one of the biggest fishing fleets in the country! That, plus its agriculture.

• Like 3

Well it was another lovely sunny day today I’ve done all my housework and finished my packing for tomorrow’s cruise to Norway and Iceland, been on a diet since my last msc cruise 4 weeks back and I’ve lost 1 1/2 stone so evening dresses fitting , husband lost 1 stone but he said he’s certainly making up for it in the next two weeks, it’s our 45th wedding anniversary tomorrow on boarding day , it is a princess cruise and we have a room right at the front of the ship big window at the top so we can see all but keeping warm because Iceland has not been very good in weather wise this week. I will have internet so I will still be reading and probably put some photos up etc if you all don’t mind because it’s not a p&o cruise, have a lovely weekend everyone and Brian I expect your on your way to Italy now if not yet there already if I have missed it have a lovely time 😃

I’ve not heard from Wowzz for a while and he’s not on the princess board at the moment so I hope all is well with him too.

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well it was another lovely sunny day today I’ve done all my housework and finished my packing for tomorrow’s cruise to Norway and Iceland, been on a diet since my last msc cruise 4 weeks back and I’ve lost 1 1/2 stone so evening dresses fitting , husband lost 1 stone but he said he’s certainly making up for it in the next two weeks, it’s our 45th wedding anniversary tomorrow on boarding day , it is a princess cruise and we have a room right at the front of the ship big window at the top so we can see all but keeping warm because Iceland has not been very good in weather wise this week. I will have internet so I will still be reading and probably put some photos up etc if you all don’t mind because it’s not a p&o cruise, have a lovely weekend everyone and Brian I expect your on your way to Italy now if not yet there already if I have missed it have a lovely time 😃

I’ve not heard from Wowzz for a while and he’s not on the princess board at the moment so I hope all is well with him too.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.1041ed9fb469663aa274d3e2c6f0b6b5.gif

Hope you have a great time in Iceland  and while your there can you see if they still

have them part baked bread sticks on offer , think there in isle 3 😉🙃

As for Wowzz we were told he is ok but has a lot on at the moment so would not be posting 

for a while .

Have a great time and hope you have many more happy years to come .😍

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Enjoy your cruise.  We are on Sky Princess to Scandinavia soon.  I think that Wowzz maybe off on a cruise, he was on the same cruise as us in April and I seem to recall that he said on here that he was going on Princess around now because we joked about people talking if we had been on the same cruise again so soon after the last one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and hope you have a wonderful cruise

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hope you have a great time in Iceland  and while your there can you see if they still

have them part baked bread sticks on offer

Took me quite a while to work that one out , thought where on earth am I going to find part baked bread sticks in Reykjavik 🤣

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’ve not heard from Wowzz for a while and he’s not on the princess board at the moment so I hope all is well with him

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary today and a wonderful cruise. Your room sounds ideal for the views. Look forward to hearing all about it. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Now if you’d created something like Charlie Mullins’ Pimlico Plumbers (Pitsea Plumbers?) you’d own the ship!

Enjoy your Italian stay, Brian. 

By the way, you’ll know Barking I guess. I listened to a radio programme about Essex the other day - shocked to learn that a couple of centuries back it had one of the biggest fishing fleets in the country! That, plus its agriculture.

Thanks Harry.I was brought up in Barking and Dagenham area.I guess that would be Barking creek area steeped in history,Brian.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beckett said:

I don't think you're his type Brian - unless of course you're really a nubile 20 something blonde! J.xxx

Sorry Jane,I should have added the word bed deffo not up.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks Harry.I was brought up in Barking and Dagenham area.I guess that would be Barking creek area steeped in history,Brian.

Barking Creek, yes.  Stupid really, but I never really thought about that area of London's history - as you say, steeped in it.  I know the county tolerably well, having lived in various bits of it (and being born there) so this was interesting, to an Essex (now [celebrating] Tractor) boy:

"Thanks in part to the birth of those enduring caricatures - Essex Man and Essex Girl - in the 1990s, this is a county that has struggled to break free from a whole raft of stereotypes and assumptions. Matthew Sweet and his guests - all Essex residents - are here to present a more nuanced, complicated and historically rich vision of this woefully misunderstood part of England."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001lpky

• Like 2

Morning hope everyone's happy today and great to see the dogs were looking 

good as well.

Today looks to be another lazy day for us. Cannot decide between sat in garden or 

watching FA Cup final ? Maybe a bit of both .

Anyway you all have a good day and that includes the dogs 🙂

FB_IMG_1685534797392.jpg.d53240d7febf86bd5e71b64d20191868.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well it was anoth after aer lovely sunny day today I’ve done all my housework and finished my packing for tomorrow’s cruise to Norway and Iceland, been on a diet since my last msc cruise 4 weeks back and I’ve lost 1 1/2 stone so evening dresses fitting , husband lost 1 stone but he said he’s certainly making up for it in the next two weeks, it’s our 45th wedding anniversary tomorrow on boarding day , it is a princess cruise and we have a room right at the front of the ship big window at the top so we can see all but keeping warm because Iceland has not been very good in weather wise this week. I will have internet so I will still be reading and probably put some photos up etc if you all don’t mind because it’s not a p&o cruise, have a lovely weekend everyone and Brian I expect your on your way to Italy now if not yet there already if I have missed it have a lovely time 😃

Thanks,got home from Weymouth at 4pm Monday.Our son 1 hr behind us got stuck on the M25 for 6 hrs after a pile up in front of him and behind us.Not very nice with a 3 year old onboard.We got up at silly o'clock Tuesday,took rental car back and caught the 6.15 flight back.All settled down now,Brian.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks,got home from Weymouth at 4pm Monday.Our son 1 hr behind us got stuck on the M25 for 6 hrs after a pile up in front of him and behind us.Not very nice with a 3 year old onboard.We got up at silly o'clock Tuesday,took rental car back and caught the 6.15 flight back.All settled down now,Brian.

That’s not good stuck for 6 hours with a wee one , thankfully we have always been lucky when travelling and not been caught up in long delays. Pleased you’re all home now and enjoying all that sunshine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

A few years ago we supplied materials to  construct the Barking By-pass. It's thanks to those of us involved in the project that Barking is the delightful little Riverside village that we all love and enjoy today.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

A few years ago we supplied materials to the Barking By-pass. It's thanks to those of us involved in the project that Barking is the delightful little Riverside village that we all love and enjoy today.🤣

Is Barking anywhere near the Isle of Dogs?😉

• Haha 6

Eglesbrech - Sorry that I haven't yet heard from son re Liverpool restaurants.  I know they are having a hectic time with a Covid infection, visitors coming and a wedding to go to this week.  If there is no hurry, I will hope to hear from him soon,  or can contact him when he has less going on.

14 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1