P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

DW asked the very nice Chinese Lady why...Shlop riffters.🤣

Actually, we jest, but it is very true.  We sat near Greggs at London Bridge Station for just five minutes and saw a couple of people just walk in, get their lunch and casually walk out.  We thought we were seeing things but it was true.  There was a door at each end with the tills at the far end.  They just walked in the first door then out again quite casually.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Eglesbrech - just for a change it is grey and breezy and almost cold here on the eastern side!   Similar yesterday, sun coming out well after lunch.  It is also lovely in the Lake District this morning.  This makes a change from the usual, of dry and warmer weather this side of the Pennines - and I don't like it.

I am tempted to put the heating on.

We've had the heating on since this morning. Forecast on the radio for South Yorkshire was occasional cloud with temps of 18c. Barnsley - cloudy all day and temps of 13c with a cold wind so feels more like 9c, and I don't like it either😒

Avril

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We've had the heating on since this morning. Forecast on the radio for South Yorkshire was occasional cloud with temps of 18c. Barnsley - cloudy all day and temps of 13c with a cold wind so feels more like 9c, and I don't like it either😒

Avril

The sun put it's hat on for us in Flam. It has been a perfect day. Beach House tonight 🙌 20230530_111905.thumb.jpg.afe6987feec6a2ac1f62596b4c058e59.jpg20230530_111905.thumb.jpg.afe6987feec6a2ac1f62596b4c058e59.jpg20230530_112856.thumb.jpg.e712a4fb1d00009f8e3b9b523b512ee2.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

Eglesbrech - just for a change it is grey and breezy and almost cold here on the eastern side!   Similar yesterday, sun coming out well after lunch.  It is also lovely in the Lake District this morning.  This makes a change from the usual, of dry and warmer weather this side of the Pennines - and I don't like it.

I am tempted to put the heating on.

Did not need any tempting to put our heating on again this morning, only 10 deg outside and no sign of any sun.

• Like 4

Hello all, I’m fed up here on the North Kent coast because we’ve had some sun lately but also a lot of dull days with a very keen wind. My heating came on this morning and it was only on 16!

Anyway, more exciting I’ve got my boarding time for my short cruise in 3 weeks time. 12.30, very happy with that!

• Like 7

It has been quite cold all day here.  I started the day in a summer skirt and top but after going outside to put the washing on the line I  came back in and changed to trousers and a sweater before we went shopping.  It is now sunny but still quite cool.  We need a bit of rain, I have been out to water to plants, when I checked our water butt's one of them is already only about a third full, the other is still quite high so we are ok for the moment.  I hate thinking about having to use the hose.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It has been quite cold all day here.  I started the day in a summer skirt and top but after going outside to put the washing on the line I  came back in and changed to trousers and a sweater before we went shopping.  It is now sunny but still quite cool.  We need a bit of rain, I have been out to water to plants, when I checked our water butt's one of them is already only about a third full, the other is still quite high so we are ok for the moment.  I hate thinking about having to use the hose.

We have had a few really nice days here in Bolton. I have managed to get most of my bedding plants in the borders or pots and the forecast for tomorrow is good again so should get finished (well, unless I am tempted again at the local nursery. I find it difficult to drive past it). 

• Like 3

Started chilly this morning around 8C outside, but was 19.5C inside without the heating on, doubt our heating will be on again until September, the external insulation on the house cuts back heat loss, and keeps house cooler in hot weather. By 11am sun was out and outside temperature rises to 20C this afternoon, today is the 5th night in a row we have eaten outside on the patio. 

Sitting outside listening to the birdsong as the sun starts to go down.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DamianG said:

Today we are staying around Brithdir before heading down the road into Dolgellau this evening for tapas. We’ve had a good walk in the countryside this morning but someone disgraced himself by deciding to have a roll in some sheep droppings. (There’s a photo below just in case any of you are wondering whether it was me or TeddyG).

ECC5FC67-5B30-4360-ACB5-5256C2767431.jpeg

96CD7363-1B4F-4BDF-9CC9-C073E6144099.jpeg

E6BA1954-2D74-4BDE-9B6F-EE796F552AE2.jpeg

I can recommend Gwyndy Tea Rooms in Dolgellau. Great afternoon tea. 

• Thanks 1

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Looking a bit overcast here this morning, but hopefully will clear up.

Long day yesterday, but had a nice time shopping with my daughters and granddaughter followed by a lunch. My appointment ran on time, after they found me in the system! Had a mask made of my face followed by the paperwork and a CT scan, while the paperwork and CT scan was being done my daughter  and grandaughter took a perscription up to the pharmacy and when done we joined them and waited for well over an hour outside the pharmacy for it. Good job the weather was nice. Hit traffic as we left the hospital and got home again about 8. Have also been given the date (end of June) for my treatment, so no waiting and wondering.

Today's agenda is a trip to the train station to get a refund on my tickets for my cancelled trains.
Pam

• Like 11

Morning all,arrived at our house at lunchtime.25c despite forecast of storms.Beach bar restaurant now open.Pizzas out of this world.Viennese 7 euro and Quattro stagioni 8 euro.20230530_1902541503.thumb.jpg.a5b9ed4e9fb1e5bbf92abc4c29774aff.jpg20230530_1902461502.thumb.jpg.cf22b9f51edc96bec09f023477a1e28d.jpg20230530_1706351501.thumb.jpg.5bee4a58cbd31a064a880ec1693df446.jpg20230530_1704091500.thumb.jpg.4b6bd892125c6fd316fb710f8ac2554a.jpg

• Like 14

37 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,arrived at our house at lunchtime.25c despite forecast of storms.Beach bar restaurant now open.Pizzas out of this world.Viennese 7 euro and Quattro stagioni 8 euro.20230530_1902541503.thumb.jpg.a5b9ed4e9fb1e5bbf92abc4c29774aff.jpg20230530_1902461502.thumb.jpg.cf22b9f51edc96bec09f023477a1e28d.jpg20230530_1706351501.thumb.jpg.5bee4a58cbd31a064a880ec1693df446.jpg20230530_1704091500.thumb.jpg.4b6bd892125c6fd316fb710f8ac2554a.jpg

Goodness, that’s a good price for pizzas. I’m meeting my goddaughter in Pizza Express and looking at their menu, their prices have increased considerably since I went last year e.g Romana mushroom pizza £15.45 and I bet the view won’t be as good…..🤣

• Like 7

17 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Did not need any tempting to put our heating on again this morning, only 10 deg outside and no sign of any sun.

We will be turning our heating back on........In October.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, purplesea said:
Today's agenda is a trip to the train station to get a refund on my tickets for my cancelled trains.
Pam

Do you watch Yellowstone Pam?.

You don't want a trip to the Train Station.🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Goodness, that’s a good price for pizzas. I’m meeting my goddaughter in Pizza Express and looking at their menu, their prices have increased considerably since I went last year e.g Romana mushroom pizza £15.45 and I bet the view won’t be as good…..🤣

Ask for the ' good neighbour ' discount ' 20%. A bit less if you are a Prince.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Handmade by a proper Italian bloke in a proper wood fired oven,lol.It's a staple food item in restaurants here.A Margherita is around 5 euro.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks, Google let me down, maybe it got its information from Wikipedia!

Nice name for a dog though 🙂 Names can be funny ,which reminds me of ...

A burglar breaks into a house. He begins to search the home for valuables when

hears a quiet voice say

“Jesus is watching you” he dismisses it as paranoia and carries on with his searching .

He hears the voice again “Jesus is watching you”.

He’s knows this time it’s not in his head so he looks around the room and sees a parrot

in the corner of the room . He walks over to the parrot and it repeats one more time..

“Jesus is watching you”. The burglar says to the parrot. “Is your name Jesus?”

“No it’s Moses” the parrot replied.

The burglar laughs and says “Who names a parrot Moses?” and the parrot says

“The same person who named the Rottweiler Jesus”🙃

Still like the name Vala though🙂

• Haha 18

Sadly it seems this weather system is stuck, which for those of us in the East means days of cloud one after the other. Turned cool yesterday afternoon. Drizzly this morning. Did my stint at the museum as usual this morning and this afternoon brings the delights of ironing. Oh be still my beating heart...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2