P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I think yesterdays games showed the drama and excitement of football (soccer for our American friends). The emotion was amazing and i just know tonights game eng v ger will be a bore fest sadly. I want eng to win but i dont think  GS has the ability to play exciting football. Too defensive

6 hours ago, Beckett said:

Me too Brian. What a game! If England fail Switzerland is my new team. Jane.x 

By default I suppose Italy is my 2nd team.Years ago though I thought they were dirty sods like the Argentines were.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

And - I've discovered a new diet. The Watch England Play Diet. Foolproof!

And now a celebratory drinkie is well deserved. It’s been hard work switching channels back and forth between the tennis and the football……

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I think yesterdays games showed the drama and excitement of football (soccer for our American friends). The emotion was amazing and i just know tonights game eng v ger will be a bore fest sadly. I want eng to win but i dont think  GS has the ability to play exciting football. Too defensive

Oh yeah. Words and eat come to mind🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I have heard that all children over 3 have to wear a mask at Monkey World. Maybe check it out. 

I don't think the monkeys mind, but monkey masks might confuse them a bit.🐵

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Oh yeah. Words and eat come to mind🤣

Had it not been England winning, I think borefest would be an apt description. Bring on a creative, skilful and ‘free spirit’ player and things look different.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Had it not been England winning, I think borefest would be an apt description. Bring on a creative, skilful and ‘free spirit’ player and things look different.

I think it was a good performance. But as you say, if things had of been different, they wouldn't have been the same.🤔

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I think it was a good performance. But as you say, if things had of been different, they wouldn't have been the same.🤔

All I am saying is that England were negative once again against a pretty poor German team. It wasn’t until, having bored them into submission, Southgate brought on the one true flair player in the squad who was involved in both goals.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Love this Josy!  How quickly these jokes come out now after an event. I wish I was that sharp. Jane.x 

My football mad nephew sent it to me.  I am also amazed how quickly they get out.  I don't  know where Ian gets them from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

All I am saying is that England were negative once again against a pretty poor German team. It wasn’t until, having bored them into submission, Southgate brought on the one true flair player in the squad who was involved in both goals.

Good positive performance. We should agree to disagree.

• Like 2

Good morning another lovely day I had a lovely nights sleep and the most weirdest

dream that we beat Germany at football 2-0 and they missed a sitter :classic_unsure:

As I said what a nice day ,some dreams do come true .You would think most of Europe

will be happy for us ,they wanted us to stay in Europe anyway and here we are :classic_rolleyes:

I see Sweden started their match with a flat pack four but a bit like the chest of drawers 

we bought ,it wasn't to be, good game though . How much further we can go is anyone's

guess Don't stop believing (love that song ) and it can happen .I do believe Santa is coming 

to town and that a pile of penguins walked all that way to the middle east to get on the Ark 

and if all that can happen ..you never know.. Funny old game innit  Eh ? :classic_smile:

Anyway you all have a good day and take care:classic_love:

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

I love that song too Kalos. 

I just want to wish everyone a happy day.

As most of you know, I am a massive football fan ( thanks to my dear departed parents who were fanatics ). Last night was was an absolute joy for me. I don't particularly care about tactics, team choices, what could have been done better and so on. All I know is it made me feel really happy and that's a feeling I haven't experienced for many many months. This has been a really tough time for so many of us, so to feel this way, and to see others feeling this way is a release. Whether it lasts or not has yet to be decided but for now I'm grabbing the opportunity to feel like the real me again with both hands and holding it tight - and good on Prince William for showing his joy too.

Be well and safe everyone. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

• Like 16

Morning 

We had to take our grandson home during the match last night so missed the first goal completely and heard the 2nd on the radio, it was funny seeing people cheering in their cars.

My eldest daughter and her husband get their first vaccines this evening, she is convinced that he will faint, he has a fairly consistent track record apparently 😂 

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I love that song too Kalos. 

I just want to wish everyone a happy day.

As most of you know, I am a massive football fan ( thanks to my dear departed parents who were fanatics ). Last night was was an absolute joy for me. I don't particularly care about tactics, team choices, what could have been done better and so on. All I know is it made me feel really happy and that's a feeling I haven't experienced for many many months. This has been a really tough time for so many of us, so to feel this way, and to see others feeling this way is a release. Whether it lasts or not has yet to be decided but for now I'm grabbing the opportunity to feel like the real me again with both hands and holding it tight - and good on Prince William for showing his joy too.

Be well and safe everyone. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

Your post made me well up in tears Jane, because you are so right. We need to grab those feeling happy feelings and hold onto them.

Thank you.

Gill x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi Jane,out of curiosity being from North London are you a Gooner or the other lot.My OH and her son are the other lot,lol.I just support my local team,West Ham.Cheers,Brian.

Gooner - the other lot don't exist for me unless they're scoring goals for England of course.  Have you lost Jesse Lingard Brian?  I thought he made such a difference to West Ham last season. Jane.x

• Like 1