Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Funny how we travel the world to see different sights yet ignore things right in our own backyard. 

I've always said people are seldom tourist in their own home town. I live an hour outside of NYC and never have been to the Statue of Liberty, been to the top of the Empire State twice, once as a child and once as an adult.  If I didn't love the theater, I'd have no reason to ever go to Time Square....and I only do that to hit the TKTS same-day discount ticket booth.

Some of my best restaurant/nightlife recommendations come from tourists who have been to the city a half dozen times or less. Probably because they spend countless hours for months prior to the trip researching the heck out of everything.....much like I do before booking a cruise or vacation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess you could call it a holiday.

Hopefully he was not part of the Jan 6th shenanigans in DC. 😇

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I actually look forward to his posts.

So do I...although it might be for different reasons than most. 😁

Hopefully he'll be back soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hopefully he was not part of the Jan 6th shenanigans in DC. 😇

So do I...although it might be for different reasons than most. 😁

Hopefully he'll be back soon.

After my mild heart attack in December 2019 Rory posted best wishes on several occasions which I appreciated.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

After my mild heart attack in December 2019 Rory posted best wishes on several occasions which I appreciated.

I actually do remember that.

There is a soft-side under the gruff curmudgeon exterior. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, what to do when your in a province wide lockdown and it’s -20c outside.

Seems like a good time to defrost the freezer and find out what treasures are hiding out at the bottom.  Didn’t have to toss nearly what I suspected I would considering we probably haven’t emptied it in 10 years. 

0C9A5FFA-7D83-4512-BC5B-4F7B21D3051A.jpeg

FA116AC3-BC78-4D04-A3A2-C031A7F3F012.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Talking about road trips, eight years ago my DH cycled from Vancouver Island to Halifax carrying his camping tent and kit on the bike.  He did it mostly alone but met up with various Canadian friends along the way, some of whom cycled part way  with him.  He had lots of interesting experiences during the trip, including an encounter with a bear in the Rockies!! 

Wow, How amazing is that!    I am sure that was an unforgettable trip.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Ha ha, no, he stopped to take a photo but just then someone leaned on their car horn to get the bears attention, DH took off as fast as he could, not a lot of protection on a bike 

I thought he was crazy doing the trip, but when he decides to do something he usually follows through. He was in his mid 50s when he did it 

When our Son graduated High School him and bunch of friends were going to ride their bikes cross country for a charity fundraiser (horrible I cannot even remember what charity right now).    We live southeastern PA.    Started out with 4 guys and 1 girl.    2 of the guys dropped out somewhere in Ohio and got rides home.   Our Son and the Girl made it as far as Illinois and it all fell apart when she got her period.     She couldn't deal with camping as they hit a rainy couple of days and she was miserable so her parents put them up in a nearby hotel and flew out to get her.    He was thinking about continuing on his on but was nervous about doing himself.     I was happy he didn't do that as he was a bit naive for an 18 yr old and I didn't like that idea of him by himself either.    We were proud he made it as far as he did.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So, what to do when your in a province wide lockdown and it’s -20c outside.

My cleaning the fridge on the 1st lock down made me start this thread 😁.

We're on our 4th lockdown and counting.... Cleaned the reserve freezer too 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dani negreanu said:

My mom just bought a new fridge so we are going to take her old one and add a second  fridge to go with this freezer in the basement.  I was going to put it in the garage but the kids wouldn’t let me get rid of the 1950’s era General Motors fridge that we have out there. It is cool looking, maybe one day I’ll have it repainted in one of the blues from the 1950s Chevy’s.

We did make a list of what we had in there and decided to plan one meal a week from the freezer until we thinned it down 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have cleaned the fridge and freezer in my kitchen but I keep forgetting to clean out the reserve freezer in our basement.      It's on my must do list too!   I guarantee you there are some fish and meats in there that are a couple years old with nasty freezer burn and ready for the garbage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I hear he’s been following the antics of some.😉

Must be killing him to not be able to respond.

Then again, a well-deserved time out is needed once in awhile to reset the soul. 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seems like a good time to defrost the freezer

That’s next on my list, maybe Monday.  Hot steamy pots of water will be the word of the day. Couple hours should finish the task. 

This morning I did some paper work. Followed that with a run to town for a “mission” trip. Curb side pick-up at Canadian Tire, a few grocery items, gas and drive thru Timmies. Also had a “productive” phone conversation with our local car dealer.😉 

I cleaned the shower today, while we received 12” of snow. Tomorrow will be snow blowing day. Much rather do that, than clean the shower. 

I’ll be honest, I am still a little light headed from the cleaning product. The fans were on vent and windows were open for cross ventilation. Finished product.

F9F6F96D-BF8C-40F0-A945-26486148DD81.thumb.jpeg.bceb6556929f42bdf116bd25c8018eb0.jpeg

I mentioned a while ago that there was another fireplace in the house. Here’s a pic. It is two sided with our bedroom is on the other side. 

E3F0309E-20CB-44BD-8D64-18B79E620AFC.thumb.jpeg.433832815ef90e188c1987410d3c923b.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hot steamy pots of water will be the word of the day. Couple hours should finish the task.

I didn't even have to resort to that.  A butter knife and it all came off in nice big chucks.  I did end up breaking the butter knife though when I tried to straighten it.  I doubt Vikki will ever notice it missing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1